• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Chicken Tortilla Casserole Recipe: Easy and Flavorful!

In summary, to make Chicken Tortilla Casserole, you will need cooked, shredded chicken, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, salsa, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, taco seasoning, and chopped cilantro (optional). You can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. It can also be made without meat or with a substitute, and a 9x13 inch casserole dish is recommended. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and reheated in the microwave or oven.
pmpdRRT
Chicken Tortilla CasseroleI made the chicken tortilla casserole today before my show tomorrow. It is very, very good. I used a can of chilis instead of the poblano pepper. I also used the chicken thighs it called for, I was considering using chicken breasts, but with the thighs it was still good. I was concerned with all the water in the bowl after the chx cooked, but I think the chips absorbed the extra water. It turned out great and was very easy to do.

Last edited:
I made it with baked blue corn chips... Oh mylanta! It was the bomb! DH is vegetarian most days, so I used white corn hominy instead of chicken and it still was great! A great easy dinner!

I'm making this at my show tomorrow night. She's expecting 20 people. Let's hope they all come!

What cookbook is this in?/ I have a recipe for a beef one - not chicken. This sounds great.

gbakes27 said:
What cookbook is this in?/ I have a recipe for a beef one - not chicken. This sounds great.

It is in the spring seasons best.

What ingredients do I need for Chicken Tortilla Casserole?

To make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole, you will need:

• 4 cups of cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can of corn, drained
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup of salsa
  • 1 cup of shredded cheese
  • 1 package of tortilla chips
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning
  • 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro (optional)

Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Just be sure to cover it with foil and add an extra 5-10 minutes to the baking time.

Can I make this casserole without meat?

Yes, you can omit the chicken and make a vegetarian version of this casserole. You can also substitute the chicken with cooked ground beef or turkey.

What size of casserole dish should I use?

A 9x13 inch casserole dish is recommended for this recipe, but you can also use a larger or smaller dish depending on the amount of ingredients you have.

How do I store leftovers?

Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, simply place the desired amount in the microwave or oven until heated through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • cathyskitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedval
  • DebPC