• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Made the Chicken Tortilla Casserole - Yum!

In summary, the author found a recipe for Chicken Tortilla Casserole on the Recipes page on CC and substituted a green pepper for a poblano pepper, which turned out great. They are thinking of offering a collection of recipes this fall that fall into this category, and this one is definitely on their list. They made the casserole with ground beef and loved it. Another person made the casserole with chicken and didn't like it as much. They also tried it with breasts and thighs and liked the thigh meat taste better. Finally, they mentioned that you can use chicken breasts and if you don't have poblano pepper it says you can
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I was trying to find an easy recipe that we had all the ingredients for on hand, and I found the Chicken Tortilla Casserole on the Recipes page on CC under the "What's for dinner? - $2 and under" section. The only thing I didn't have was a poblano pepper, so I substituted a green pepper instead.

It turned out GREAT and was SO easy!! I did it in the microwave, so it was really quick, too, and didn't heat up an already-hot kitchen!! YAY!! I love this recipe!

I'm thinking of offering a collection of recipes this fall that fall into this category, and this one is DEFINITELY on my list!! I'm going to try the Lemony Moroccan Chicken Pitas tomorrow after I go grocery shopping, so I'll let you know how that one goes, too! :):chef:

I made the ribs in the DCB in the oven tonite. (Did not want to microwave since I had no idea when DH was coming home, and had 40 minutes to kill). I do not think I will make them any other way from now on. AMAZING!! Fall off the bone delicious! DH was so impressed.

The Chicken Tortilla Casserole is next on my list. Thanks for the review.

I agree, Lauri - the ribs taste MUCH better when cooked in the oven. I've tried them both ways, and definitely prefer the oven. Hope you enjoy the Chicken Tortilla Casserole - my DH had 3rds and my kids even liked it!!

We made it with ground beef last week and it was really good, too. (No chicken on hand.)​

We had it with ground beef tonight as well, we had chicken, but DH won't touch the stuff. Long story. My DS officially moved this one to the top of his favorites list! He helped with everything and it was a blast! Great recipe! Thanks PC!
I used the chipotle rub instead of Southwest seasoning and loved it!

Yes, this is very good. I have made it at home twice and once at a show.

Can you make this in the DCB with the lid instead of parchament paper? I don't have a DDB.

I haven't made this but wondering has anyone made it with breasts instead of thighs? I went to a Culinary institute class once that had said recipes call for thighs because breasts will dry out too much. I really don't care for dark meat though. Anyone have an opinion?

IAmChefJ said:
Can you make this in the DCB with the lid instead of parchament paper? I don't have a DDB.

I don't see why not! Go for it! :)

paigev71 said:
I haven't made this but wondering has anyone made it with breasts instead of thighs? I went to a Culinary institute class once that had said recipes call for thighs because breasts will dry out too much. I really don't care for dark meat though. Anyone have an opinion?

I forgot to mention that I used chicken breast, not chicken thighs - that's all we ever have on hand. It was delish!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
We had it with ground beef tonight as well, we had chicken, but DH won't touch the stuff. Long story. My DS officially moved this one to the top of his favorites list! He helped with everything and it was a blast! Great recipe! Thanks PC!
I used the chipotle rub instead of Southwest seasoning and loved it!

Mmm - ground beef - good idea! I like the idea of trying it with the Chipotle Rub, too!! I'll have to try that next time! :)

I've tried it via microwave and oven and hands down like the oven version! I also tried it with breast vs. thigh and liked the thigh meat taste better! It just seemed really dry with the breast? So at shows I may do the micro speedy version but definitely in the oven while at home for dinner!

paigev71 said:

I just checked this recipe out...in the cooks tips it says you can use chicken breasts and if you don't have poblano pepper it says you can sub one small onion. What can I use to sub the black beans? LOL

I don't have the DDB so I used the DCB with the lid and it worked just fine. I also used breasts and am glad to know that they recommend thighs so it won't dry out as much. I liked it, but it was a little dry - as long as you had the rest of the salsa and everything on it though it was fine.

I also completely left out the poblano or onion (didn't have either and figured the kids wouldn't eat either anyway) and it was okay because of everything in the salsa.

Definitely worth trying!

1. How long does it take to make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole?

The prep time for the Chicken Tortilla Casserole is approximately 15 minutes, and it bakes for 20 minutes, making the total cook time around 35 minutes.

2. Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?

Yes, pre-cooked chicken can be used for this recipe. Simply shred or dice the chicken and add it to the casserole before baking.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chicken Tortilla Casserole ahead of time. Prepare the casserole as instructed, cover it tightly, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking. You may need to add a few additional minutes to the baking time.

4. What can I serve with the Chicken Tortilla Casserole?

This casserole pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as a green salad, steamed vegetables, or Spanish rice. You can also serve it with chips and salsa for a more casual meal.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of the Chicken Tortilla Casserole. Allow the casserole to cool completely, then transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies