• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do with Leftover Greek Torta Thingy?

In summary, the open house had only one person show up and the host had leftover food that they wanted to eat. They are considering freezing the food or cooking it and putting it in pasta. The open house was a success and the host emailed everyone who didn't show up to apologize and give them the opportunity to still order.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
OK, so I had my open house today, and had only ONE person show up... After sending out 120 invites and knocking on doors and talking to tons of people. Oh well!! I had a nice time chatting with my behind neighbour, who we have only started getting to know recently, so that is the silver lining.

Anyway, my problem is all of the food I have left over. I guess I was optimistic, and I made lots of things! I can freeze a lot of it, but I was wondering about the torta thingy. I have so much left (we did eat some at dinner time) and I'd like to save it 'til Friday, when hopefully we'll have people to share it with (haven't made our plans for the 4th yet!).

So, should I just keep it in the fridge, or should I try freezing it? I'm wondering how well the spinach will keep in the fridge, but the cream cheese might get weird in the freezer... I freeze cream cheese alot, but then usually use it for baked cheesecakes, which turn out fine.

Any ideas?

You can toss the torta into a pot of hot, drained pasta, and it'll make a good sauce for it.

chefann said:
You can toss the torta into a pot of hot, drained pasta, and it'll make a good sauce for it.

That makes me want to go make a torta right now just to have it as pasta sauce. Yum! :love:

chefann said:

I was just going to say the same thing.
Add some grilled chicken and you've got dinner!

Wish I'd thought of the pasta!

Mine was still tastin' good 6 days later. I put it in a couple small containers so the same one didn't keep getting taken out of the fridge.

Good to know. The pasta sounds so good, but if I can round up some friends to BBQ on Friday, I will save it for then. If not, we'll be having pasta tomorrow :).

I think next time I'll do half the amount and put it in 2 or 3 prep bowls instead - this recipe is just so huge! And half would be a lot cheaper too :D

Now that you've figured out what to do with the torta, let's address the open house. You should email everyone who didn't show up. Tell them you had a great time and how sorry you are they they had to miss it. Tell them that you are leaving the show open an extra day so that they can still place their order even though they had to miss the party. They won't know how many people came and maybe this will guilt them into an extra order when you let them know that you missed them.

Great idea, except that I invited my whole neighbourhood and don't know most of them!! (I did knock on doors when I put the invites into mailboxes, and talked to tons of people. I had lots of people who sounded very enthusiastic, and love PC, but I know that it is easy to forget when it it is not your party!).

Thanks for the the advice though Linda, I really do appreciate your concern in helping me salvage this!!

I may email a few of my friends in the neighbourhood (don't have email for very many of them), but most of them have either already been invited to a show or will be invited to a show later in July that a lady down the street is having.

:) Thanks for caring :)

AnnieBee said:
Great idea, except that I invited my whole neighbourhood and don't know most of them!! (I did knock on doors when I put the invites into mailboxes, and talked to tons of people. I had lots of people who sounded very enthusiastic, and love PC, but I know that it is easy to forget when it it is not your party!).

FYI- it's a federal offense to place items other than mail with postage on it into mailboxes. If the postal carrier saw your invites, he/she may have removed them.

Our whole sub has the little boxes under the real mailboxes for newspapers, so I am innocent!! :)

But I'm glad you brought it up for anyone who doesn't know!

OK - phew. Didn't want you to get in trouble.

What is the best way to store a Greek Torta Thingy?

The best way to store a Greek Torta Thingy is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. This will help prevent it from drying out and keep it fresh for longer.

How long can a Greek Torta Thingy be stored in the fridge?

A Greek Torta Thingy can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. After that, it is recommended to either freeze it or discard it.

Can I freeze a Greek Torta Thingy?

Yes, you can freeze a Greek Torta Thingy. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe container. It can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.

Should I let a Greek Torta Thingy cool before storing it?

Yes, it is recommended to let a Greek Torta Thingy cool completely before storing it. This will prevent condensation from forming and making it soggy.

How should I reheat a stored Greek Torta Thingy?

The best way to reheat a stored Greek Torta Thingy is to place it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes. This will help retain its crispiness and deliciousness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lindsay
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies