• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Leftover Ganache?

I made the chocolate truffle brownie cups for a church fundraiser tonight. I doubled the recipe but have so much of the ganache leftover and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I dont have time to make another batch of the brownies so does anyone know if it will keep in the fridge until tomorrow?It will keep, although you'll probably need to very gently heat it up to make it spreadable/pipeable tomorrow. You can also eat it plain with a spoon. :DDo you kidding? eat it!My sentiments exactly! It's also really good spread on graham crackers!What about cutting strawberries in half and dolloping or piping? Yum
CAPCnewbie
I made the chocolate truffle brownie cups for a church fundraiser tonight. I doubled the recipe but have so much of the ganache leftover and I'd hate to see it go to waste. I dont have time to make another batch of the brownies so does anyone know if it will keep in the fridge until tomorrow?

It will keep, although you'll probably need to very gently heat it up to make it spreadable/pipeable tomorrow. You can also eat it plain with a spoon. :D

are you kidding? eat it!

My sentiments exactly! It's also really good spread on graham crackers!

What about cutting strawberries in half and dolloping or piping? Yum! :)

Leftover ganache? I didn't know there was such a thing! Hehe...How about banana slices dipped in it?! Or serve over cake, angel food, ice cream, I guess those are pretty obvious though...

Giada made cookies with a ball of ganache wrapped with sugar cookie dough (like a tire) and rolled in sugar, then baked. They looked good!

Ganache makes the best hot chocolate. Just whisk into hot milk, yummy! Of course it is always good over ice cream too, or cake or drizzled over sliced fruit, pancakes in the morning or for dessert. Oh this list could go on.

Yeah.. I wouldn't have any leftover.. so I don't know what to tell ya! LOL..

Put it in a ziptop bag and seal.Snip off a corner.Get comfortable on the couch.Squeeze into your mouth.

LOL Kate...love it, love it! Just make sure nobody else tries to snatch it away.

Send it to me....I will make sure it does not go to waist (um well it probably will)

Extra left over? I never have that problem! *Grin* Extra + spoon + me present = fully belly of ganache. :D

You ladies have me laughing so hard right now that I'm crying!!!
Thank you!!!!!!

Ok, take a long knife with you to the couch, too.

hahaha, you ladies are way too funny!! I'm having one of those teenage breakouts right now and I'm waaaayy past my teens to be having one of those. So as much as I would have loved to just eat it with a spoon or drizzle it into my mouth; i did very well to reisit temptation. but i think I may treat myself to a bowl of ice cream, drizzled with ganache!
Thanks for the tips!

I suffer from adult acne and I must tell you...choc ganache is worth every outbreak! Boy if I could just add some Peanut Butter to it, I'd be in heaven. I'd be singing "Connect the dots...la la la la" (in a Pee Wee Herman voice of course) while I ate it all knowing what the next day would bring.

We only live once. hehe

I don't know how thick your ganache is once it has cooled, but if it is reasonably firm that is your basic truffle. Just scoop it our with the small scoop and roll it in whatever you like - chopped nuts, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, etc. Ta-da - homemade truffles!

1. What is ganache?

Ganache is a rich and creamy chocolate mixture made from melted chocolate and heavy cream. It can be used as a filling, frosting, or glaze for desserts.

2. Can I freeze leftover ganache?

Yes, you can freeze leftover ganache for up to 3 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before using it.

3. What can I do with leftover ganache?

Leftover ganache can be used as a topping for ice cream, filled into cupcakes, drizzled over fruit, or used as a dipping sauce for cookies or pretzels.

4. How do I store leftover ganache?

Ganache should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Before using it, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften.

5. Can I reheat leftover ganache?

Yes, you can reheat leftover ganache in the microwave or on the stovetop using low heat. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• angiemann73
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • AnnieBee