• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Truffle Brownie Cup Question (Ganache Isn't Right!)

In summary, the new consultant is having her first cooking show and is making Truffle Brownie cups. However, she is having trouble with the ganache filling being too runny and making too much. Some suggestions are to stick with one recipe until comfortable, leave the ganache to cool longer, use less cream, and make the brownies beforehand. The mini-cheeseburgers are highly recommended for the show.
angiemann73
Hi everyone! I am a new consultant who is about to have her very first cooking show this week (had 4 catalog shows so far). My host has chosen the Truffle Brownie cups and I made them tonight (to test them).

My problem was with the ganache filling. I followed the recipe exactly and I had to whip the HECK out of the stuff to get it even remotely "stiff" - and that was after leaving it in the freezer/fridge for an hour. Plus, it made way too much.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps this isn't a good one to make for a show? (We are also doing the mini-cheeseburgers....)

Thanks so much!

Angie

It doesn't get stiff. Ganache is closer to a glaze.

Welcome! I've had and heard of trouble with the ganache, too. If possible stick with one recipe until your comfortable. BUT the ganache tastes great even if a little runny. I've never made the mini cheeseburgers.

Mine always gets thick, even at room temperature... I usually use the EAD to pipe it, and if it is too cold it is not possible because it is way too stiff... Is it really runny, or were you just expecting it too be very stiff? You should be able to spoon a dollop on each cup and it will keep its shape. Oh, and I've never whipped it...

I have made this ALOT (not usually at shows though) and never had a problem... It does take a while to long time to cool though... I would leave it longer and see if it is a time issue, otherwise, next time add a little bit more of the chocolate chips...

It does make alot though, I usually make 2/3 of the amount that is in the recipe.

We like that it makes a lot. The Furry Guy loves it on ice cream.As for the thickness, I suppose it depends on what you consider thick. It will conform to the indent on the brownie cup. I'd say it's comparable to a good syrup. As it sits and dries on the brownies, it thickens a bit further.

Thanks everyone!! I just emailed my host (who is also my best friend) and asked if we can do a different recipe for the dessert. My ganache was REALLY runny - I think there was too much whipping cream in it (not enough choc chips). I do like the idea of using the EAD too - the only thing I have ever used it for is deviled eggs!

My director made the mini-cheeseburgers and they are SO amazing and easy. Highly recommend the recipe and it's a fun one for a show.

make the brownies beforehand. they are really good, but not a good demo recipe because the ganache needs some time to set up. I've made it with peanut butter chips and white chocolate chips too and they are delicious! they are sssuuuppeeerrr rich with chocolate. :) good luck!

If you want the ganache thicker (and requiring less time to set up), use less cream.

Each time I have made this recipe, I had to let the ganache in the freezer for twice as long as the recipe states. It was a real hit, though!

When I made these, I had the same problem with the ganache not setting up.

Less cream is a good idea. It might also depend on the brand of chocolate chips.

1. Why is my ganache not setting properly on my truffle brownie cups?

There could be a few reasons for this. Make sure you are using the correct ratio of chocolate to heavy cream for your ganache. Additionally, the temperature of your ingredients and the room can affect the ganache's ability to set. It's important to let your ganache cool and set at room temperature before placing it on the brownie cups.

2. Can I use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate for the ganache?

Yes, you can use milk chocolate for the ganache, but keep in mind that it may result in a sweeter and less rich flavor compared to using dark chocolate. You may need to adjust the amount of heavy cream used to achieve the desired consistency.

3. Can I make the truffle brownie cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brownie cups ahead of time and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. However, we recommend making the ganache and filling the cups on the day you plan to serve them for the best taste and texture.

4. How should I store the truffle brownie cups?

Store the truffle brownie cups in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you plan to serve them after refrigerating, let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften the ganache before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of topping instead of ganache?

Yes, you can use a different type of topping for your truffle brownie cups, such as melted caramel or a cream cheese frosting. Get creative and experiment with different toppings to find your favorite combination! Just be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly for the new topping.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • CAPCnewbie