• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Staying Focused: Strategies for Success

In summary, Kris needs to find a PC buddy, set a timer for 15 minutes everyday when she puts her 2 year old down for her nap, and e-mail Belinda Ellsworth with her results.
ihavethetools
What strategies do you all have for staying focused?
My director and I talked about this a bit yesterday before she was leaving out of town with her family.
I have had a horrible record in the past of staying focused on what I'm supposed to be doing.

What I need to do is:
Have my PP already open on my computer so when I wake in the morning and see the computer, I see that and know that I have tasks to complete (PC tasks).

I plan the night before in my planner (Yep I still use my Franklin Planner....always have always will......PAPER beats technology with me on that one).

Put up my goals where I can see them. (Have to work on that this afternoon).

But my family is all grown up, my hubby is running the highways, and it's just ittle ol me here most of the time.

Also:
When I'm on the big truck with him, believe it or not, it is SO easy to forget about working my PC business. I have to change that! I can sit for hours and watch the entire day go by in that passenger seat. There's so much to see that I don't want to miss. Especially when we're in a new area. Wellllll the boringest part is going through the desert. : )

So what do you all do to stay focused and on task?

Kris

ihavethetools said:
What strategies do you all have for staying focused?
My director and I talked about this a bit yesterday before she was leaving out of town with her family.
I have had a horrible record in the past of staying focused on what I'm supposed to be doing.

What I need to do is:
Have my PP already open on my computer so when I wake in the morning and see the computer, I see that and know that I have tasks to complete (PC tasks).

I plan the night before in my planner (Yep I still use my Franklin Planner....always have always will......PAPER beats technology with me on that one).

Put up my goals where I can see them. (Have to work on that this afternoon).

But my family is all grown up, my hubby is running the highways, and it's just ittle ol me here most of the time.

Also:
When I'm on the big truck with him, believe it or not, it is SO easy to forget about working my PC business. I have to change that! I can sit for hours and watch the entire day go by in that passenger seat. There's so much to see that I don't want to miss. Especially when we're in a new area. Wellllll the boringest part is going through the desert. : )

So what do you all do to stay focused and on task?

Kris

I am totally distracted by everything! Ugh - I need to be more time efficent, and figure out how to work less (it's hard for me to not to do something PC... I do enjoy it, but want to do it less)! I am hoping directorship will help! lol.

Need a time management course! Looking forward to learning Belinda's power hour strategies.

Need a time management course! Looking forward to learning Belinda's power hour strategies.

Where do we get that?

Kris

Find a PC buddy. I you have someone to be accountable to at a specific time each week you will force yourself to get work done.

Great idea. The same idea as Weight Watchers....(from which I have lost 30 lb and am a lifetime member) When you know you have to face that scale and the results are written in a little book, it has an effect on you, even as a lifetime member.

Kris

My director and I just went over this, sometimes I can get focused and sometimes I just can't. She has challenged me to set my timer for 15 minutes everyday when I put my 2 year old down for her nap, I work only on PC stuff and then when I am done I have to e-mail her that I did it. I did really good the first day - I actually spent more than 15 on PC but then the next day I only did 15 and forgot to e-mail her (duh!) My problem is that I hang on to way too much stuf - anyone need an old flyer, host/guest special, order form - I probably have it!!:( So my excuse to her for atleast a couple of months is that I have to get organized - how can I be prepared to help anyone in this biz if I can't get myself going in this biz! Anywho I have a couple of weeks to work my 15 each day and get myself cleaned out and up to date!! Anyone who would like to offer their 2 cents I'm up for any help, critisizm, encouragement!

Leea

Beth, thanks for the website. Good stuff.
I've read Burg's "Endless Referrals" and I recommend it to everyone.

Kris

Did you attend Confernce Kris??? If not if you would like I can email you some notes on what I learned at Balenda's workshop and FC time managment essentials workshop!!! I learned a lot!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Did you attend Confernce Kris??? If not if you would like I can email you some notes on what I learned at Balenda's workshop and FC time managment essentials workshop!!! I learned a lot!!!

Can you please e-mail me the notes as well.

I'm at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

me too, please! :)

pcdes said:
Can you please e-mail me the notes as well.

I'm at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

I will type them up for u and send them to those of you that requested my notes from Balenda's workshop at confernce!!

Leah- I would also love it if you could send them to me as well, or post them here!

[email protected]

Balinda Ellsworths Workshop Notes!!!Ladies,

As promised here are the notes that I promised ya form her workshop, I will also personaly email them to you for those of you that asked me too!!!

Leah

Attachments

• 90 Days to the business that you want.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 286

Related to Staying Focused: Strategies for Success

1. How can I stay focused and motivated on my goals?

Staying focused and motivated on your goals requires having a clear vision, breaking down your goals into smaller, achievable tasks, and creating a plan to stay on track. It's also important to regularly remind yourself of why your goals are important to you and to celebrate your progress along the way.

2. What are some common distractions that can hinder focus?

Common distractions that can hinder focus include social media, emails, phone calls, and other people. It's important to minimize these distractions by setting boundaries and creating a designated work space that is free from distractions.

3. How can I improve my time management skills to stay focused?

To improve your time management skills, start by identifying your most important tasks and prioritize them. Use a planner or calendar to schedule your tasks and set specific deadlines. It's also helpful to eliminate any unnecessary tasks or delegate them to others.

4. What are some effective techniques for maintaining focus throughout the day?

Some effective techniques for maintaining focus throughout the day include taking breaks, practicing mindfulness and deep breathing, and using the Pomodoro Technique (working in focused blocks of time with short breaks in between).

5. How can I stay focused when faced with unexpected challenges?

When faced with unexpected challenges, it's important to remain calm and flexible. Take a step back and reevaluate your priorities and adjust your plan accordingly. Remember to stay positive and focus on finding solutions rather than dwelling on the problem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pkd09