• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spoiler Thread- Don't Open if You Don't Wanna Know!

In summary, the Trifle bowl is a bowl that looks like the pic I attached. It is for making trifles or layered desserts in this large beautiful glass bowl. Layers of jello and whipped cream. Or layers of chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, whipped cream, etc...
mbh06 said:
A lot of DS companies have starter kits around this amount, or they look lower but you have to jump through hoops to not pay more... I think 155 will weed out the people that aren't serious- plus you will be getting was it 4 or 500 worth of product/ supplies for that amount. The premade host packets themselves save you on ink/time when you are starting. We need to be enthusiastic about the new kit and not dweal on the old. I easily spent more than 60 on ordering the products that will now be included in this kit. Plus, I really don't like the crate...
Plus it would be difficult to break up the paper work into a cheaper kit so essentially you would be getting less product to start with... therefore you would end up spending more to get the other products. Not everyone is going to be happy, but then again we aren't in charge of the company and don't see how many kit snatchers are out there and I bet this is a big reason too.

I know you probably weren't meaning it this way, but I am a serious consultant (alomst a director in 6 months) and being a stay a home mom, I wouldn't have been able to afford the extra $65 so I would have gone with a direct sales company that had a less expensive starter kit. I did end up buying or earning the other products that are in the new kit, but when the money was there at my own pace. So I just wanted to say that just because they won't pay the extra doesn't mean they are not serious-it could just be they can't afford the extra money-hence the choices. I think like the idea of the new kit (especially the host packets), i just think the option of 2 different prices would be nice. Like you said though we aren't working at HO and there is probably a reason for this.

Yes Linda..very well put. I do know I have spent well beyond $55.00 getting myself started anyway....with some products...so if they are going to get me new people started with more products and hostess packs, it is up to us to talk up PC. I think it is just the sound of 155 from 90 that does sound so much more drastic. $90 did just look so much better on pamphlets and brochures...but what are you gona do???

tracim said:
I know you probably weren't meaning it this way, but I am a serious consultant (alomst a director in 6 months) and being a stay a home mom, I wouldn't have been able to afford the extra $65 so I would have gone with a direct sales company that had a less expensive starter kit. I did end up buying or earning the other products that are in the new kit, but when the money was there at my own pace. So I just wanted to say that just because they won't pay the extra doesn't mean they are not serious-it could just be they can't afford the extra money-hence the choices. I think like the idea of the new kit (especially the host packets), i just think the option of 2 different prices would be nice. Like you said though we aren't working at HO and there is probably a reason for this.

I also agree with this...I do know the cost of living in some states is much diffferent. My friends in Maine I know for sure will not start now. $155 just will not work for them at one time. They will have to save up the money. It's a lot different up there, than in Florida. They are serious...but like I stated before..for some... single mom's or people living pay check to paycheck, $155 may take a large chunk. :(

Jilleysue said:
I also agree with this...I do know the cost of living in some states is much diffferent. My friends in Maine I know for sure will not start now. $155 just will not work for them at one time. They will have to save up the money. It's a lot different up there, than in Florida. They are serious...but like I stated before..for some... single mom's or people living pay check to paycheck, $155 may take a large chunk. :(

I am from Maine...Stonington. Glad someone knows what I am talking about. Wher are your friends from?

Oh Really....LOL How weird. I am from Lisbon Falls. I live in Florida now, and I have quite a few friends that were interested. Single Moms and stuff..and for that amount..they just won't be able to do it right now. Very interested....very serious...but too hard with out trying to put away $20.00 a week or something. It's just different in some states. Rates of pay change. As I said, for some reason, $90.00 just sounds like something people CAN do.

I guess if they save, and are serious, they'll come back..but some fade off and things happen. Not like getting people excited and on board right then.

Jilleysue said:

I suspect that sitting down and seeing how much they need to sell in order to raise the money (after their kit credit) to cover this might help. Seriously sit down and figure out what they'd need to do in sales. If they were to manage $1250 in their first qualifying month they'd bring in commissions of $187. So if they bought nothing and just used what is in their starter kit they could earn back their outlay with 4 solid shows. You could check with HO & see if there is any problem with you running thier first few shows through your PWS to help their sales that month - you'd need to forward them all information on their show sales but the extra aggravation if it gets you even 2 solid recruits is probably worth it.

I'm just trying to think of ways to show that it really is not that big an outlay if you stick with the basics & wait until month 2 and 2nd commissions to order business cards and the website. All of the season's bests come with 2 recipes in each category that are based on what is in the SS kit. I managed to keep my expenses to under $50 my 1st month.

I'm not saying the difference is not a lot of money, it is. But it does not take long if one sets up solid shows/orders before starting it may be doable. I also thought I could charge my kit which also gives one a month to play with if they sign up just after the new billing cycle.

priscilla said:
We do not know all the details concerning the use of PC bucks for SS incentives. There may not be tax and shipping charged, or it may be a flat rate. The company may provide a discount on the items a SS purchases with their PC bucks. There are a lot of details not released yet.

Robin
I was actually told that these are the same Pampered Chef Dollars that we earn now and that they can be applied to supplies or products. When you use PC Dollars, you do pay shipping and tax.

I was worried about the starter kit price, but then I found out Southern living has theirs for $199 and I think Longerberger is there too.

Debrachef said:
I was worried about the starter kit price, but then I found out Southern living has theirs for $199 and I think Longerberger is there too.
Also, don't forget that Pampered Chef has the HIGHEST average in party sales than other DS companies!

priscilla said:
Aren't we jumping to conclusions?We do not know all the details concerning the use of PC bucks for SS incentives. There may not be tax and shipping charged, or it may be a flat rate. The company may provide a discount on the items a SS purchases with their PC bucks. There are a lot of details not released yet.

Robin

Yes, I am jumping to conclusions. I think that is all that any of us are doing right now since we do not have all of the information that is the only choice we have until we get it all in our hands.

I do not know if I ever would have signed without doing a show first. That gave me some idea of how things work. But I know we are all different and like to do things differently.

Jilleysue said:
I guess if they save, and are serious, they'll come back..but some fade off and things happen. Not like getting people excited and on board right then.

All the more reason to get the on board NOW before the price increase - tell them about the upcoming increase & let them decide for themself whether to do it now at $90 or to wait & try again later.

I just did this, maybe some of them will bite!

I didn't mean that to sound bad, sorry. And I am not saying everyone has the extra money just floating around, but I know many people that are like, oh I was going to spend around $90 so I can get the kit and never do anything... Not good for us! Also it sounds like it is going to be really nice. And if you look at other DS companies (I do this all the time) The start up is low, but you have to submitt a ton of orders to qualify and sometimes if you don't get to that number you have to pay extra on your kit!!! Yikes!
If someone really wants to do well then they will work hard and make back the money, or so I hope. Like PP said, if they can't afford it get the signed up before the cut off date, or if you are able and really good friends (you trust them) pay the extra and let them pay you back. But I do think we shouldn't mention the price increase after they don't have the option b/c it will probably hurt us.

pamperedlinda said:
Also, I think that if someone chooses to go with another DS just because the kit price increased by $65 then they weren't seriously considering PC in the first place.

I agree. In the 6 years I have been with the company, I can honestly say that whenever the company has made any changes, it's always for the best. I am always pleasantly surprised at how great the company takes care of us consultants compared to other DS companies. I don't think this price increase for the kit will scare too many potential recruits off. If anything, this may just discourage those "kit-nappers!"

...and don't forget that there is the kit credit hostesses can get when they host a show. The $40 kit credit will reduce it from $155 to $115. This is much more appealing and puts it back down in the range of the original Super Starter Kit, plus they have the new product and won't have to pay for them later. All in all, it sounds like my recruits would be better off waiting for the new kit.

The new starter kit will only sound expensive if WE make it sound expensive. It sounds to me like there are over $400 in products and that the paperwork is all very useful (premade host packets etc.). I am hoping it includes some of the products I think all consultants need to start their business:Large grooved cb, UM, can opener and a piece of cookware. I don't know of any other business you can start for $155 (or less with host credit). I know it will be tough for some, but I for one feel it is so worth it.

Southern Living at Home is $199 to startup. They have to purchase all their paperwork and supplies - no catalogs for instance are sent at the beginning of each selling season. My friend sells SLAH. She could not believe that we get 25 catalogs in our paperwork changeover kit.

jenniferknapp said:
OMG!!! New forged cutlery four piece steak knives...I was hoping and hoping for those, for myself! Can't wait to get them now :)

I talked to my director today and she said the steak knives are $145.00!!

I got the weekly bites email tonight and it has more information in there regarding the New Consultant kit and the Fed-Ex shipping...looks like rates are going to go up :(

Shipping going up?
pixel-_ said:
I got the weekly bites email tonight and it has more information in there regarding the New Consultant kit and the Fed-Ex shipping...looks like rates are going to go up :(

Individual orders shipping or for hosts also? I am curious if they will raise the $4 for hosts? :confused:

Debbie :D

This is what it states in the Weekly Bites that was emailed to me:

We want to advise you of some shipping and handling charge changes for the spring/summer 2007 season. These changes are being implemented to account for increased costs the shipping industry has experienced over time.

Guests in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged 15% shipping and handling, plus $2. This update applies to Cooking Shows.

Direct Shipping for Online Orders:

A level has been added for orders totaling $130 and over. The base rate will be 11%.
Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to add $5 to all base shipping rates.

2-Day Air charges have increased by $5, so the new charge for 2-Day Air will be $15. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

Next Day charges have increased by $1, so the new charge for Next Day will be $20. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

Ooohhh...they better not. I get complaints just about $4.00. Can you imagine if it goes up from there??

I say that shipping should be free with a $75.00 order and if the shipping cost goes up, charge arounnd $6.00 BUT DONT charge a TAX on the shipping. That to me is stupid. HEAR ME CALIFORNIA??? STUPID!

pixel-_ said:
Guests in Alaska and Hawaii will be charged 15% shipping and handling, plus $2. This update applies to Cooking Shows.

Direct Shipping for Online Orders:

A level has been added for orders totaling $130 and over. The base rate will be 11%.
Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to add $5 to all base shipping rates.

2-Day Air charges have increased by $5, so the new charge for 2-Day Air will be $15. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

Next Day charges have increased by $1, so the new charge for Next Day will be $20. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

Maybe I read this wrong, but I took it to mean that the only changes were for those in AK and HI, and then for online orders. I think it says that orders from shows stays at $4. (Or am I wearing rose colored glasses?)

I agree that charging tax on shipping stinks. That's the way that KS does it too and lots of customers complain.

straitfan said:
Maybe I read this wrong, but I took it to mean that the only changes were for those in AK and HI, and then for online orders. I think it says that orders from shows stays at $4. (Or am I wearing rose colored glasses?)

I agree that charging tax on shipping stinks. That's the way that KS does it too and lots of customers complain.

I read it the way you did Christy. Doesn't sound like the $4 shipping as it is now is changing. Just AK and HI and online orders.

You know what I am going to do with a potential consultant. I am going to have her buy the $155.00 kit (or whatever it is) And if she qualifies in her first month I will give her the 55.00 back. :D Little something something for her. :D That is what my recruiter done for me. :D Only I had to pay 60.00 instead of 90.00

Quick question for those of you who've been in the business awhile: when was the last time Pampered Chef increased their shipping rates?

I totally agree!!!
pcROX said:
I think that this will be good for those that are on the fence...maybe they will sign NOW for $90 and not wait around for the $150! BUT...I think $150 will prevent a lot of people from signing in the future. It sounds too expensive.

I have people on the fence now too, $ 90.00 is very expensive for them, down here in the Valley the pay for most isn't very good, so it's really difficult to get them to sign! :(

Liz

I thought...
AJPratt said:
WOW! Thanks for sharing all this great info!

I don't like the kit going up though!

you were at leadership and were the consultant calling Gillian???

SillyChef said:
You know what I am going to do with a potential consultant. I am going to have her buy the $155.00 kit (or whatever it is) And if she qualifies in her first month I will give her the 55.00 back. :D Little something something for her. :D That is what my recruiter done for me. :D Only I had to pay 60.00 instead of 90.00
That is a really good idea:cool: ! Let me know how it works! Thanks for a great idea!:D

The last time they raised shipping was either s/s2006 or f/w 2006 I do know they have increased it since I started in March of 2005

new starter kits...
nikkijo said:
The "new" santuko remindes of the kitchenaid one that I saw at target.

I can't believe the steak knives only have a 3 year warranty! I was going to sell my tupperware ones to get the pc ones....but now that they are not lifetime I'm not so sure.

For the $150 I think that if someone really wants to sell they will pay it. Many other ds companies starter kits are at least $150 this could be why the upped it and added more as well. This way we stay competitive with the others. Yes our price was cheaper but we didn't have as many products. (I'm hoping more products are added to justify the increase)

I"m just now catching up on Day 2, but I saw/heard new starter kits are more expensive $ 155.00 with less products?? Although the paper work, has more outlined types of material or condensed so that new consultants don't get overwhelmed and confused. I"m still not happy about the increase :(

Liz, JMHO

lizcooks4u said:
you were at leadership and were the consultant calling Gillian???

It is another Ann that is there doing all the updates. I know there are so many Ann's on this board I am sure its hard to keep names straight:D

seems funny or odd...
KimmyDarling said:
Same here, Darby!!!

that the 5 day cruise is level 2 and DC would be level 3?

I could see London being level 3 maybe DC is not the DC I'm thinking of?

Liz

I love your quote!!!
ChefAggi said:
Yes we have a deluxe kit here in Canada. THats the one I went with.. more products and more paperwork.. it was great

Cheers

I love your quote or little saying at the bottom of your signature!!!

Liz

signing now...
jenniferknapp said:
Wow...ok maybe they do need to wait until the new one - it is worth it!!

I think I read on weekly bites, that newer or recent consultants can get an upgraded kit during change over, and the brand new ones pay the higher price. I could be wrong though.

liz

more silicone...
jenniferknapp said:
there ya go :)

So I just realized that there wasn't any new silicone bakeware announced!! I am very surprised with that..

Maybe that will be announced in the fall/Winter, like someone previously said that's when the stoneware is typically annoucned.

liz

thanks so much!!!
pcROX said:
Hey...just want to remind everyone that some pictures have been posted at
www.photobucket.com
username = pamperedchef_2007
password = pc2007

I am sorry... I don't remember who posted those, but they are awesome! If any of you receive some good quality pictures from friends, consultants and directors at Leadership, YOU can add those pictures to our photobucket!! PLEASE....more pictures!! The suspense is killing me!!

Thanks that is really nice!!!

Liz

ps: Thanks again to everyone for all their hard work in spoiling us early!

different levels attained by...
pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS said:
I signed last week, haven't even received my kit yet... Do you think I will still be eligible for my super starter months?? I am very excited... I can help but get excited reading everything you all are saying (typing...) Also... All of this talk about Level 2 and Level 3... What do you have to do in order to obtain these levels... Sorry for such a rookie question!!! THANKS!!

reaching or selling different sales levels.

Usually 1250.00 and over starts level I
" 3000.00 and over starts level II
" either 5000/6000.+ level III.

Good Luck

Liz

I agree..
mbh06 said:
A lot of DS companies have starter kits around this amount, or they look lower but you have to jump through hoops to not pay more... I think 155 will weed out the people that aren't serious- plus you will be getting was it 4 or 500 worth of product/ supplies for that amount. The premade host packets themselves save you on ink/time when you are starting. We need to be enthusiastic about the new kit and not dweal on the old. I easily spent more than 60 on ordering the products that will now be included in this kit. Plus, I really don't like the crate...
Plus it would be difficult to break up the paper work into a cheaper kit so essentially you would be getting less product to start with... therefore you would end up spending more to get the other products. Not everyone is going to be happy, but then again we aren't in charge of the company and don't see how many kit snatchers are out there and I bet this is a big reason too.

I'm not real happy about the increase either, but I agree with what you're saying too. It seems as though there were a lot of kit napper's too.

Liz

ps: This is probably another reason why HO/PC or upline or however I should word it, doesn't like us speculating or finding out info prior to meetings!!!

Although, I have enjoyed it :)

today when the weekly bites came...
pamperedlinda said:
I've heard that the new kit has some really great items in it. So far I've heard it has the Ultimate Mandoline, a piece of cookware, some SA, the Bar Pan, and other great products. I think that we need to quit focusing on the $155 price tag and wait and see what comes in the kit. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised. I also like the fact that SS rewards will be PC$, that way SS can choose what they want to enhance their kit with.

Also, I think that if someone chooses to go with another DS just because the kit price increased by $65 then they weren't seriously considering PC in the first place.

I soooo wanted the new starter kit. I've even tried to purchased PC $$ on supply orders and couldn't. I asked my Director if only Dirctors could and she didn't know as she doesn't offer them as incentives for us :(

Liz

Just another thing to remember...
legacypc46 said:
Quick question for those of you who've been in the business awhile: when was the last time Pampered Chef increased their shipping rates?

Gasoline prices jumped way up!! so when trucks are full of pkgs, that will cause them to need more gasoline to haul the pkgs.

I had wished like others that shipping/handling could be incorporated into the price of the item. I didn't think 4.00 flat rate was bad at all, but down here everyone complains and on top of that TX charges tax on s/h and I really hear about that as well :(

We really can't get around the taxes. Sometimes in order to keep customers I pay the s/h, but many times for those customers I combine orders too. sometimes the orders combined = 60.00+ but since they didnt' want to pay the s/h they don't get the gift with the 60.00+ either.

Maybe I'll have my first Bingo down here after all. They usually go extremely well.

Good Luck to All.

Liz

Thanks.
Jennie4PC said:
It is another Ann that is there doing all the updates. I know there are so many Ann's on this board I am sure its hard to keep names straight:D

I really thought it was Anne Pratt doing the calling to Gillian!! Maybe because Anne Pratt and Gillian are on the chat boards many times with me, see what I got for assuming!!! LOL

liz

up north I went by:

Beth-Anne
even more confusing!

Originally Posted by SillyChef
You know what I am going to do with a potential consultant. I am going to have her buy the $155.00 kit (or whatever it is) And if she qualifies in her first month I will give her the 55.00 back. Little something something for her. That is what my recruiter done for me. Only I had to pay 60.00 instead of 90.00
I have done this before - I reimbursed them $30 when they qualified. I used the coupon found on this site - it was used for a product recruiting incentive last year. I just edited it and put it in my Take 5 Bags. I'll have to locate it and post it.

I agree that $155 for the kit is CRAZY!! Maybe they raised it to stop the kitnapers!! Now it is going to be hard to promote to Director:(

lizcooks4u said:
I"m just now catching up on Day 2, but I saw/heard new starter kits are more expensive $ 155.00 with less products?? Although the paper work, has more outlined types of material or condensed so that new consultants don't get overwhelmed and confused. I"m still not happy about the increase :(

Liz, JMHO

No no no - MANY more products will be in the SS kit - the Lg Bar Pan, 8" sillet, UM, Microplane...a lot of high end products - something from every line...a forged knife, a SA piece etc

letscook04 said:
I agree that $155 for the kit is CRAZY!! Maybe they raised it to stop the kitnapers!! Now it is going to be hard to promote to Director:(
Ooooohhhh no....I disagree. I think the new kit will be GREAT!!! It's supposed to have more useful items in it and I think it will be more appealing to those who are truly interested.

If you focus on the negative, that will shine through and recruiting will be hard. Focus on all of the positive aspects and your business wil grow.

Evelynt said:
The new starter kit will only sound expensive if WE make it sound expensive. It sounds to me like there are over $400 in products and that the paperwork is all very useful (premade host packets etc.). I am hoping it includes some of the products I think all consultants need to start their business:Large grooved cb, UM, can opener and a piece of cookware. I don't know of any other business you can start for $155 (or less with host credit). I know it will be tough for some, but I for one feel it is so worth it.
I usually send all new consultants a couple of Cooking Show packets and Catalog show packets before their kit gets to them so that they can start handing them out. It takes way too long for new consultants to get their kit, so premade host packets IN the kits are not going to help my consultants nor is it going to reduce my cost. As for the kitnappers...they will be around whether the kits are $90 or $200! Every direct sales company has their kitnappers.

When I first started (4 1/2 years ago), the shipping rate was $2.75 per order. Then maybe a year later it went up to $3.50. They increased it to $4.00 perhaps a year ago.

I'm wondering why they wouldn't wait to change our shipping carrier (from UPS to FedEx) at the same time as our changeover to the s/s season. I'm hoping that means that the $4.00 will stay the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • cookingwithlove
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Poll