• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Should I ask for referrals when a show is cancelled?

In summary, the lead scheduled a show with me and she immediately sent me a list of people she was inviting. We have been communicating through e-mail and this morning she sent me her menu selections and said she was excited to meet me and have a great party. I asked her how she heard of us and she responded that she had been invited to a show and was really excited to go but the show was cancelled and she went online and found me. This got me thinking - when someone cancels, I should be asking for a referral or at least if someone they know would like to take over the show so the other guests don't miss out. Now some other consultant has lost out on a booking that could have been hers. It might
finley1991
I have a HO lead that scheduled a show with me for 7/18. She immediately returned her guest list to me with 40 names on it!!! We've been communicating through e-mail and this morning she sent me her menu selections along with, "I'm so excited to meet you and having a great party! This is my first time being at and hosting a Pampered Chef party too!"

I e-mailed her back and assured her it would be extra special since she had never been to a show before and then I asked her how she heard of us... She responded that she had been invited to a show and was really excited to go but then the show was cancelled so she went online and got me!

This got me thinking... when someone cancels, I guess I should be asking for a referral or at least if someone they know would like to take over the show so the other guests don't miss out. Now some other consultant has lost out on a booking that could have been hers... (I'm not complaining there... just thinking...)

I know this isn't always possible to ask for a referral or another host as most cancellations (at least for me) the initial host is abducted by aliens and that's why they don't return my calls so asking if anyone else would want to take over the show might not work... but it could be worth a try for the ones that we actually do get to talk to!

GREAT idea, Colleen!! Thank you!

That's a great idea. Some cancel for legit reason's and an excited guest would be great to have :)
Good for you!!
Let us know how it goes and if she signs! (sounds like a recruit lead to me!)

I love your 'aliens' comment. They sure have been making the rounds lately.:rolleyes:

Hi there!I completely understand where you're coming from. It can be frustrating when a show gets cancelled and you feel like you've lost out on potential bookings. However, I think it's a great idea to ask for referrals in these situations. You never know, the host may have friends or family who are interested in hosting a show and this could lead to more bookings for you.In my experience, I have found that it's always worth asking if anyone else would like to take over the show. Even if the initial host is unable to find someone else to host, you may still be able to get some bookings from the guest list they provided. And if not, at least you tried and showed the host that you are willing to go above and beyond for them.Overall, I think it's important to always be proactive and open to new opportunities, even in situations like this. You never know where it may lead and it's always better to try than to not try at all.Best of luck with your future shows!Sincerely,

What is "Woot for Me and a Thought..."?

"Woot for Me and a Thought..." is a virtual cooking and kitchen party hosted by Pampered Chef consultants. It is a fun and interactive way for guests to learn about our products and recipes while earning rewards for themselves and their hosts.

How do I join "Woot for Me and a Thought..."?

You can join "Woot for Me and a Thought..." by receiving an invitation from a Pampered Chef consultant or by hosting your own party. Simply contact a consultant and they will provide you with all the information and resources you need to join the party.

What are the rewards for participating in "Woot for Me and a Thought..."?

As a guest, you can earn reward points for every purchase you make during the party. These points can be redeemed for free products or discounts on future purchases. As a host, you can earn even more rewards, including free products and exclusive discounts, based on the total sales of your party.

Can I invite friends and family to join "Woot for Me and a Thought..."?

Absolutely! "Woot for Me and a Thought..." is a great opportunity to get together with friends and family, even if they are located in different areas. Simply share the party link or invite them directly through the virtual party platform.

What types of products and recipes will be featured in "Woot for Me and a Thought..."?

Each party may feature different products and recipes, but they will all showcase the high-quality and innovative products offered by Pampered Chef. From kitchen tools to cookware to pantry items, there is something for everyone to enjoy and learn about during the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Heather92007
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Heather92007
  • byrd1956