• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Laugh of the Day... Well, Kind Of!

In summary, the host of a show took money from orders and spent it on her daughter's birthday party. She then blamed the presenter for her own mismanagement. The presenter then had to threaten to cancel the show in order to receive the funds. Despite this, the checks did not arrive in the mail today and the presenter was left with no choice but to cancel the show.
Chef Kearns said:
Just send in the orders for which you receive payment. If you don't have her host payment or the cash she took, don't submit their orders. Let her know you couldn't do it, but made sure the other people got their stuff.

As an aside, I've never had a problem depositing an old check (unless I pointed it out to the teller). However, a courtesy call would be nice though not mandatory.

There are so many problems with this show. There were 2 orders each over $200... people combined their orders to save on the shipping so I don't even know who ordered what.

This is such a nightmare and it's really starting to upset me!

The teller at BofA told me when I went to deposit a month-old check once that they will not take a check more than a month old, but made an exception for me that day.

Doesn't matter.. if I get the checks I'll be returning them anyway. I'm not dealing with this any more.

I think you are wise in doing this Colleen. I really can't imagine how upsetting it can be. Negativity like this seems to spill into areas of our life that we wish they would stay out of!!

Sorry, I disagree with your director. I don't see how depositing checks up to 2 months after they were written with zero explanation to the guests is considered good business. In my opinion, that's bad business. And (as I said previously) I certainly wouldn't want to see the odds on how many of those would bounce.

I think you are right in not wanting to submit the show. Your host obviously thinks that she can do what she wants, when she wants with no recourse for her actions. She's not accustomed to paying the consequence and thinks that if she's pushy enough you'll cave in like everyone else in her life apparently does. Stand your ground girl! You've told her no on more than one occasion. I think writing the letter I suggested to each person who wrote a check will be more than sufficient to get your point across to her and hopefully it will make the guests realize that you were not the bad guy in the delay. Assuming there are no HWC items on the orders, if you were to just go ahead & submit the show & cash the checks without a word to all those guests, I think they would all be talking bad about YOU, not the host. ;)

Sorry, but this brought back a hilarious story from my Police Department days. I was working in Duncanville (a suburb of Dallas) when a Mom from Houston called me. She was upset that her son was in jail, AGAIN, and wanted to know what to do. She caught me on the wrong night. I was in a cocky mood. I asked her in a professional voice if she was asking for my professional opinion or my personal opinion? After about a 5 second pause, she asked if she could have both. So I told her that my professional opinion was ... and started detailing out how she could pay cash to get him out tonight or pay a bondsman less money tonight to get him out, but it would cost more in the long run. Then I told her that my personal opinion is that if Mommy & Daddy come running every time that he gets into trouble that he's never going to learn to pay the consequence for his actions and that I thought she should just go back to bed & let him sit in jail all night & talk to the judge in the morning like a big boy, dealing with it himself. She sincerely thanked me for both of my opinions and hung up. We had microphones in the jail so that we could hear when there was a problem. It wasn't 10 minutes later when I heard her son screaming & cussing at her on the phone ... calling her all sorts of names. She had decided to go back to bed & told him to deal with it himself. He was NOT happy, but I think it was the best choice she could have made. Of course, I made sure to have that story relayed to the judge when he came through the next morning so that he wouldn't go easy on the guy. He definitely paid the consequence for his actions that night. ;)

The point is that sometimes people have to hit rock bottom to open their eyes and make a change. I've been around Law Enforcement long enough to know that if people can get away with crap, why change? My theory is that what goes around, comes around. If people would just do the right thing the first time, they wouldn't have to worry about fate biting them in the butt later. ;)

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now!
soapbox.gif

Great post, Sheila! And one good Mom to ask advice AND follow it!!

Thanks Ann! I'm really shocked that she actually DID listen. Most of the parents that I used to deal with through the Police Department have the "not my child" attitude and find it hard to believe that their baby really did something wrong. They usually try to blame it on someone else, not the person who's actually responsible. In turn, they inadvertently enable their child to continue down the wrong path vs. forcing them to end the behavior. My poor 1 year old 2 year old have no chance ... I am more hard headed than they could ever think of being! LOL They get one warning & then they pay the consequence. Because they know that I'm serious they very rarely test me. Well, until MIL came out here for a month. We are currently in the deprogramming mode! :(

They must be the same parents that did this with their children all through school. Luckily, not all of them but far too many doubt the school before they hear the whole story.

True Ann! I was a sub out here for a while when I was pregnant. It was funny how many parents were like that. I had a kid stand up and full on hit another kid in the face. Turned out that the problem child's mother was a teacher at that same school. She was NOT happy when she found out that I sent her "innocent baby" to the principal's office! Apparently the regular teacher tried to handle his outbursts on her own vs. letting the school know what a heathen he really was! :(

Sheila said:
True Ann! I was a sub out here for a while when I was pregnant. It was funny how many parents were like that. I had a kid stand up and full on hit another kid in the face. Turned out that the problem child's mother was a teacher at that same school. She was NOT happy when she found out that I sent her "innocent baby" to the principal's office! Apparently the regular teacher tried to handle his outbursts on her own vs. letting the school know what a heathen he really was! :(

LOL!!! Very interesting story!! I grew up in a VERY small town. I mean K-12 under one roof and enrollment to this day is between 300 and 350. My grandmother worked in the school kitchen, my aunt was the school treasurer, my great aunt was the 5th grade teacher and my Mom eventually became a teacher's aid for kindergarten. If the town being small wasn't enough on it's own...we were busted before we even got on the bus!

And am a loser, I have not done any goodie bags but we are treating our downlines to a huge multi cluster dinner on Wednesday night. There are only 3 of us going and one has been several years before. One is new and we are ALL walking the stage for Director and 2 of us for Advanced Director.:party: And it really looks as if this Director will promote to AD before Christmas!:party: Then I will have 3 generations! WOW!

Way to go Ann!!!! :party:

That is awesome Ann! Congratulations!!!

Soooo... I get a text from this woman at 11:30pm last night begging me to still let her have the show. :bugeye:

I ended up telling her to stop contacting me and if she did, I wouldn't respond.

Goodness!!!!!

are you kidding?? WTF??? Really, a month later and she still has not sent money and she wants you to do what??? Somehow get hundred on $ of merchandise to her how???

EXACTLY!!!!!This show is from May!She earns the Crazy Host Award for this year!

OMG, that is freaking hilarious! If she wasn't so crazy, I'd suggest that you try to recruit her. You do have to give her credit for her persistence!!! If only she wasn't lacking in so many other categories and such high risk for taking the customer's money & not submitting shows ... :(Who's your director-wanna-be that's giving you such a hard time? Tell this host to go to HER page & sign up! LOL

HAHA!I would recruit her... she clearly needs something... but I'm too afraid she will steal from her customers if she's okay with stealing from her friends. :(

So let me get this (I just got up so bear with me) NO money for the party but still begging you to put it in? If this is the case it must be she is getting heat from her friends about "where are my products"? And the host is sweating it now because she has spent the money and doesn't have the $ to give back to them.

baychef said:
So let me get this (I just got up so bear with me) NO money for the party but still begging you to put it in? If this is the case it must be she is getting heat from her friends about "where are my products"? And the host is sweating it now because she has spent the money and doesn't have the $ to give back to them.

There were 2-3 orders on the show... people combined their orders. Some wrote checks and others paid cash. She spent the cash on her daughter's birthday party. I had no contact info for the guests. While I was at conference, I got a Contact Me e-mail from my website from one of the guests asking what the deal was because she couldn't get ahold of the host and she noticed her check hadn't been cashed. I called the guest immediately and let her know what happened. After the text messages Friday night, I send another e-mail to the guest keeping her updated. She doesn't have the $$ for the cash orders, but wants me to put through the orders that the checks are for, but she lost the order forms so I wouldn't even know what to order!

I don't know what else I can do at this point.

Recruit that one guest who's contacted you wanting her stuff & let it be HER show! :D

I like Sheila's idea. But I am VERY glad that one of the guests has made contact with you so she can deal with her "friend" and not be blaming you. This woman is fried and will be fried further by her friends!

The saga continues...

Got another text at 12:30am last night. She said she's been losing sleep all week over this (not sure why she didn't lose sleep in June or July but whatevs!). She wants the orders processed and wants me to send them to her so she can find another consultant.

I texted her back saying I don't have the orders so I can't help out there and she responds that she miraculously found the orders and is all set... all she needs now is another consultant and could I recommend someone. :bugeye:

I text her back saying, "xxxx, Since you weren't honest with me every single time you said you would send the checks and never did, I can't in good conscience recommend another consultant to you for fear you will do the same thing to her." (Haven't heard back from her).

So I e-mailed, again, the customer who contacted me. I have e-mailed or called her every time I've heard from the host to keep her in the loop and expressed my new concern which is the checks. (It's all about these darn checks!). The checks were made out to me (at least I think they are -- I haven't seen them to be able to verify this) so how is another consultant supposed to process the show?

I asked the customer to please let me know if any of the checks are cashed because if they are, it's fraud. I'm 99.9% sure the checks aren't made out to the host because if she spent the cash, she would have spent that money as well. So either the checks are made out to me or PC.

Every time I think this nightmare is going to go away... :yuck:

PS: I will seriously lay an egg if she goes to PC.com and I get her as a HO lead!!!!!!

oh come on, give her the name of another consultant that you know so she can lie, cheat and steal from her too. You are NO fun at all:devil:

Have you called HO and filled them in on the saga? If not, I suggest you talk to someone at Career Solutions (offer to forward them the texts and emails) so you CYA.

cmdtrgd said:
Have you called HO and filled them in on the saga? If not, I suggest you talk to someone at Career Solutions (offer to forward them the texts and emails) so you CYA.

No... haven't done that yet.

Thanks Kate... I'm on with HO right now telling the story. Actually I'm on hold right now...She came back and told me that neither HO or myself hold any responsibility in this matter since the money and orders were never given to me. It's 100% the host and they have that info in case anyone (guest or host) calls and it's all documented.Whew. Seriously! Am I done with this yet????? :sick:

I think she (your psycho host) should call Jerry Springer. He may be interested in the story!!:bugeye:

Just got another text... "it's not her fault that she forgot to send all the stuff every time she said she would... She didn't forget *on purpose* .... she's had other things that make her forget and she wishes I would have put the order in for her. She REALLY needs to get this taken care of."My sister told me not even to respond to this text because it will just go back around in the same cycle we've been in all along. I hate not responding but I don't know what else to do!I just found online a way I can block her number so I think I will do that. This has really been stressing me out. Every time I think it's resolved it rears its ugly head! PS: If anyone has blocked a number do they get some kind of notification that the number has been blocked if they try to call/text it? (Or should I just text back with "All contact from this number has been blocked.") :confused:

omg - this chick is seriously mental! sounds to me like she has been blaming everything on you to her friends and her friends are getting pissed and she's trying to get out of the web she weaved. what a loser!

I've been in 100% communication with the one guest from the show who I do have contact info for and last time I e-mailed her, she said she would let the others who ordered know so I don't feel bad about any of this because they all know what is going on.I just want the whackjob to STOP contacting me!!!!

Holy cow, I just can't believe this woman!! I'm glad you're going through everything with HO to CYA because this woman DOES sound mental! Whew. What does the guest that you're in touch with think about all of this? I'm glad you have her to keep posted too.

finley1991 said:
Just got another text... "it's not her fault that she forgot to send all the stuff every time she said she would... She didn't forget *on purpose* .... she's had other things that make her forget and she wishes I would have put the order in for her. She REALLY needs to get this taken care of."

My sister told me not even to respond to this text because it will just go back around in the same cycle we've been in all along. I hate not responding but I don't know what else to do!

I just found online a way I can block her number so I think I will do that. This has really been stressing me out. Every time I think it's resolved it rears its ugly head!

PS: If anyone has blocked a number do they get some kind of notification that the number has been blocked if they try to call/text it? (Or should I just text back with "All contact from this number has been blocked.") :confused:

She's not making any sense. What a loony!

Right - she "forgets" repeatedly to send the money, but you're supposed to, out of the goodness of your heart, place these orders for her, and just HOPE that someday she'll remember to send you that money?

Hope you can block the calls - I don't think you need to tell her they are blocked either.

And right about now, I'm REALLY glad I'm on the other side of the state, so I won't be getting her as a HO lead! Wonder what story she'll concoct for whoever she gets?

It's $5 a month to block the calls... I'm going to just ignore her unless it becomes out of control. I'm trying to e-mail all of the text messages to myself so I have that documentation... you can't get them in print form from your provider unless you have a court order and thankfully I doubt it would get that far.The guest that I have been in touch with just expressed her disappointment especially since they are friends, or at least she thought they were. I haven't heard back from the e-mail I sent this morning.I hate that I get so unhinged every time this comes up though... I really wish it would just go away.

finley1991 said:
Just got another text... "it's not her fault that she forgot to send all the stuff every time she said she would... She didn't forget *on purpose* .... she's had other things that make her forget and she wishes I would have put the order in for her. She REALLY needs to get this taken care of."

My sister told me not even to respond to this text because it will just go back around in the same cycle we've been in all along. I hate not responding but I don't know what else to do!

I just found online a way I can block her number so I think I will do that. This has really been stressing me out. Every time I think it's resolved it rears its ugly head!

PS: If anyone has blocked a number do they get some kind of notification that the number has been blocked if they try to call/text it? (Or should I just text back with "All contact from this number has been blocked.") :confused:

I have a setting on my phone where I can assign different ring tones to different people. I can also set certain people's calls to go directly to VM. You can probably do that on your phone. Not sure about texts though. But she texts you at 12:30am...wtf????

I know! She won't talk on the phone and doesn't listen to voicemails. My guess is because of angry VMs from bill collectors and others. She did tell me that she's having $$ problems (clearly!) I turned the chime off on my texts because my team was texting me late at night and early in the morning and even with my repeated requests, they still did it. At least they aren't waking me up!I'm off to a show in a few minutes with a REAL host! Can't wait... the weather is perfect here and I'm looking forward to it! YAY!

Even if it didn't wake you, I can't believe this girl sent you a text at 12:30 AM! That is just super crazy!!!You could threaten her with telephone harassment and make a report with your local law enforcement agency. If she continues to try & contact you, you would then be able to file charges on her. ;)

I wonder if you could contact your cell provider and ask if they could waive the fee since you are being harassed by this one person.Also, might want to look into getting a lawyer to send a letter asking her to stop contacting you otherwise action will be taken. I had some personal (not related to PC) issues about 2 years ago and ended up getting a "law plan" through PrePaid Legal. Originally I thought that direct sales co was a scam, but it has really helped and I can call up the contracting law firm (seriously, the best in this state!) and have them review contracts and send letters and get other advice - all included in the plan. I see it as an insurance plan. Anyhoo, if it escalates to that, think about it. Does she know where you live and/or could she find out? I just wonder if someone who is so unbalanced as well as under lots of pressure (sounds like she put herself in most of the situations with pressure) might lash out. Not trying to alarm you...

What does she expect you to do??? I don't get it... you dont have the order of the money???? She sounds like she might have some mental health challenges. One of my downline directors has a catalog hostess who is on morphine and the woman keeps telling her she has orders but lost them etc.

I'm not going to worry about it. I had sent her my address at least a half-dozen times and she kept asking me for it. I was a little afraid that she'd show up at my place but we've never met so I don't know what she looks like and vice versa.I'm just going to ignore the text messages and see what happens. And what she wants me to do is to wait for her to mail me the info (which she won't) and send in the show because she's too embarrassed to tell her friends the truth. But they already know because I've told them and I've told her I've told them.She's clearly unbalanced and I'm done with dealing with it. Hopefully she is too but I'm not holding my breath on that...

I got a text at 11:30pm last night asking me to refer her to another consultant (again).

This woman never quits!

I think she's panicking now because they start school either this week or next week and she's going to have to be face to face with the people she stiffed.But why can't she text me during daylight!!!!???!!!

Just too strange! I really hope this ends very soon!

Hey, I'm in Japan so my day time is her night time. LOL

finley1991 said:
I got a text at 11:30pm last night asking me to refer her to another consultant (again).

Didn't your director think you should have dealt with her? I would pass her off so fast!

baychef said:
Didn't your director think you should have dealt with her? I would pass her off so fast!

HAHA and yes, she did tell me to deal with her. But she will never send me the checks or the orders. And I told her a few weeks ago when she asked me to refer her to another consultant that I couldn't do so in good faith because I was afraid she would do the same thing to that consultant....:yuck:

Oh I love it...painting her just as tight into a corner as she painted you into...or so she thought!!! And she still persists!!!:eek:Certified whack job.

Reading this has been better than daytome SOAPs! I am sorry that you have had to deal with this Colleen. Don't you wish there was a way to screen hostesses and you could pass on the fruit cakes with extra nuts?

Sheila in Kansas

<h2>1. What is "Laugh of the Day... Well, Kind Of!"?</h2><p>"Laugh of the Day... Well, Kind Of!" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to express their frustration or amusement with challenging situations they encounter while running their business.</p><h2>2. How long has this particular host's catty show been going on?</h2><p>The host's catty show has been going on for 6 weeks.</p><h2>3. What did you tell the host when you reached out to her?</h2><p>I told her that I would cancel the show unless I received the money from her on Monday.</p><h2>4. What did the host do with the money from the orders?</h2><p>The host spent the money from the orders on her daughter's birthday party.</p><h2>5. How did the host respond when confronted about the situation?</h2><p>Today, the host told me that it was my fault because this is why she doesn't do these kinds of parties. She may have been trying to shift the blame onto me to avoid taking responsibility for her actions.</p>

1. What is "Laugh of the Day... Well, Kind Of!"?

"Laugh of the Day... Well, Kind Of!" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to express their frustration or amusement with challenging situations they encounter while running their business.

2. How long has this particular host's catty show been going on?

The host's catty show has been going on for 6 weeks.

3. What did you tell the host when you reached out to her?

I told her that I would cancel the show unless I received the money from her on Monday.

4. What did the host do with the money from the orders?

The host spent the money from the orders on her daughter's birthday party.

5. How did the host respond when confronted about the situation?

Today, the host told me that it was my fault because this is why she doesn't do these kinds of parties. She may have been trying to shift the blame onto me to avoid taking responsibility for her actions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Heather92007