• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Host Cancels on Me - Can I Get Reimbursed for Postage?

In summary, Wendy's Saturday host cancelled on her, but she was able to find another host and still get triple points for her party.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
My Saturday host just cancelled on me. I think she had a decent reason. I told her I understood, but I asked if she would reimburse me for the postage for her invitations. At first she said sure, but then was a littled miffed when I told her it was $11.44. I said, that I will be happy to pay for the postage again if she reschedules, but since I am going to be unemployed for the day I would like to get reimbursed.

But I just booked a party for next Wednesday!

WOW that is bold... and I like it Wendy! I have never tried that.

I agree, bold. Wish I was a little bolder sometimes.

I should have had 4 shows this wk. 2 rescheduled. 1 turned into a book show and the other is holding. Wasn't too sad when one called me the morning of her party and said the 2 that were coming had cxl.! Made it a lot easier to say, well didn't want to pay a sitter and drive an hr. for just 2 anyway! She did reschedule and promises that more wanted to come just couldn't make it the day we scheduled.

Wendy, I've done the same thing for my last minute Jan cancellations. I asked them to sent the packet back or find a friend to host this month and give the packet to her. Got 1 friend booking and 1 dated reschedule for this month.

flemings99 said:
I agree, bold. Wish I was a little bolder sometimes.

I should have had 4 shows this wk. 2 rescheduled. 1 turned into a book show and the other is holding. Wasn't too sad when one called me the morning of her party and said the 2 that were coming had cxl.! Made it a lot easier to say, well didn't want to pay a sitter and drive an hr. for just 2 anyway! She did reschedule and promises that more wanted to come just couldn't make it the day we scheduled.

This was a once in a lifetime event, but...I had a host that did her second party with me about a year after the first one. She lives in an apartment complex and with the first party, did not know many of her neighbors so I could accept the fact that address were to "occupant" 555 Smith St. Apt. 3 B, Partytown, NY 55555. But for the second party...ALL invitation addresses were that. Then when I called her a few days before the party only 2 people were coming so I suggested that she do a book party. (it is a 30 mile drive one way). She wasn't rude, but you could tell she was miffed and just cancelled it!

Wendy, I was glad that you did not let the first cancellation discourage you and that you got right back on track!

Hello everyone....missed you! Had 4 scheduled and ready to submit for those triple points. One by one...they've all rescheduled for AFTER the 10th. Phhhht!

I offered a free microwave potato chip maker to go with the free simple slicer during the bonus days of 6-10th. I booked 7 shows for those dates and keeping my fingers crossed it looks like they will all hold. I just let them know that with a $300 show Pampered Chef will give them a food chopper or simple slicer for free and I will add a free Micro chip maker. But with a $500 show they will get an extra $100 in free product!

Wow, Laurie, that sucks! Sorry, chica.

Chantelle - let us know how that extra incentive worked for you. I figured PC did for us what many people usually offered on their own by giving the free product for the early part of the month, and that I didn't need to add anything more. But you got A LOT of shows scheduled.

It seems like there's a 50% or more cancellation rate for the early Jan. shows. I had one resched. for Feb. (would not let her get off the phone without setting a date) and one hold ($750 so far). I used the host coaching letters.

Woo hoo! Triple points here I come! I just did a show today and so far it's at $1017! She wants the extra gift and we are closing on Monday. AND my potential observed at the show. I gave her a pep talk before the party and she is signing on Monday after she moves money into her account and she will be the consultant for her party next Saturday!! Great day!

:woohoo: :clap:

Thanks Becca....the cancellations are a big fault on me....I was sick most of December and took the month off. I knew better, so I'm not that disappointed with them. They rescheduled for later this month, and I'll be better at host coaching this time around. He he
Glad that you'll have a nice show to submit my friend. :)

Awesome news Beth! Wahooo and way to maximize on those triple points!

Ok my final #s are in. I booked 7 shows for the triple points and 6 held. I just finished submitting $3,281 in commissionable sales = 9,843 points!!! I gave away 6 micro chip makers with a total of $94.77 out of pocket after I make my commission back.
BUT I did not have to get on the phone to book these shows, they all booked at my December parties and they went with the early dates because of PC's awesome bonus but I think the free chip maker was a big help too. I also did not do the best host coaching between hosting Christmas here for both sides of our family, an emergency trip out of town to say good bye to my grandma, and being sick with something I just can't shake (still sick :( ) So the chip maker was my little insurance policy :) I also was able to close them all by tonight without too much hassle because I let them know that if they weren't in tonight they would loose both the chip maker and the free simple slicer. I am one of the last people to offer extra incentives, but my goal this year is to not only increase my overall business(which I know Jan can really impact the first quarter of your year) but also earn the top level trip (as of right now I am not eligible for Dublin) To do this I need a little over 30,000 points more than 2011. My goal is to earn most of them in Jan and Feb.
The other advantage of doing this many shows this early in the month is that I still have 8 more cooking shows and 4-5 catalog shows going on in January. (yeah for the sell-a- thon) 2 of these January cooking shows were booked at parties held this past week. I already signed 1 recruit, and I have 6 February shows booked, (can someone say double points>) most from the shows this past week as well. So this has allowed me to start really strong this year!! For me it is always harder to get going when I take too much time off for the holidays.
The only thing I might do different if we have a promotion like this again is if PC offers a bonus at $300, I will make my extra incentive for a $400 show, but only one of my hosts had a less than $400 show so it didn't make a big difference anyway. 3 of them didn't hit the $500 in sales though so they really were after the bonus items not the extra free product.
Hope everyone else is having a great week :)

Way to go Chantelle! You rock girl!!! :D

Wow Chantelle! Congratulations!

1. Can I get reimbursed for postage if my host cancels on me?

It depends on the specific cancellation policy of the hosting platform you used. Some platforms may offer a reimbursement for unused postage if the host cancels the reservation, while others may not. It's important to read and understand the cancellation policy before booking.

2. How can I request a reimbursement for postage if my host cancels on me?

If the hosting platform's cancellation policy includes reimbursement for postage, you can usually request it by contacting their customer support team. They may ask for proof of the cancellation, such as a screenshot or email from the host. Be sure to follow the platform's specific instructions for reimbursement requests.

3. Will I be reimbursed for the full amount of postage if my host cancels on me?

Again, this depends on the cancellation policy of the hosting platform. Some may offer a full reimbursement of unused postage, while others may only offer a partial reimbursement. It's important to check the cancellation policy before booking.

4. Is there a time limit for requesting a reimbursement for postage if my host cancels on me?

This will vary depending on the hosting platform's policies. Some may have a specific time limit for requesting a reimbursement, while others may allow for requests to be made at any time. It's best to contact the platform's customer support for specific information on their reimbursement policies.

5. What should I do if my host cancels on me and I'm not able to get a reimbursement for postage?

If the hosting platform's cancellation policy does not offer a reimbursement for postage, you can try reaching out to the host directly and asking if they would be willing to reimburse you. If that is not successful, you can also leave a review on the platform detailing your experience with the host's cancellation and lack of reimbursement. This can help other guests make informed decisions when booking with that host in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • byrd1956