• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revisiting Recruiting: The Impact of Language on Candidate Response

In summary, the poster believes that the word "recruit" intimidates people and should be avoided. They did a search for the word "verbage" and found no results. They also searched for the word "trip" but found too many posts to read. They encourage their team to use different words to refer to the opportunity and recruiting process.
pamela
In the past few months, I believe that I saw something in a post on here that talked about using the word "recruit" and how it intimidates people and why it shouldn't. Does anyone remember what I am talking about? It was really, really eye-opening for me and when I tried searching for it, you can imagine the list of threads and posts with the word "recruit" in them! If you were the poster, please post it again! If you happen to remember where it was, lead me to it!

Thanks!

i don't know what thread your talking about but I would love to see it, i HATE the word recruit

Our cluster uses the word "sponser."

I like to avoid the word too! Living close to Army post that is very active in Iraq and Afghanastan...the word recruit just takes on a negative visual for me. (this is not a slam against any military branch just an association of a word the military uses and I think want something that resembles a non combat future for team members)

I too will search Meg.

i know other DS companies that use "sponser" , I guess we still don't know where that thread is :(

I did a post search on the word "verbage" and was able to scan those posts...no luck.

Started to scan the "trip I know I can earn it" too long for me to scan. If anyone has regularly posted on this, do you recall anything that would refer to this?

Was it on a file or a post?

I encourage my team to share the opportunity or share information about our business vs recruit. I rarely use the word recruit. Unfortunately, I can't say I'm very successful - I currently only have 2 that have recruited and one of those didn't qualify (but she's submitting in January! WOO HOO - and that's before we knew about the new program).

It's difficult all around -- we talked about this as a group. The word *recruit* can sound too military and the word *sponsor* can sound to AA. We just have to find what words work best for us.

maybe it was on CS that I found it....I am off to look over there!

1. What is recruiting verbiage?

Recruiting verbiage refers to the language and terminology used in the process of recruiting new employees, including job postings, interviews, and job offers.

2. Why is recruiting verbiage important?

Recruiting verbiage is important because it helps attract qualified candidates and effectively communicate job requirements and company culture.

3. What are some tips for writing effective recruiting verbiage?

Some tips for writing effective recruiting verbiage include being specific and concise, using action verbs, highlighting the company's unique selling points, and avoiding gender or age bias.

4. How can I make my recruiting verbiage more inclusive?

To make recruiting verbiage more inclusive, use gender-neutral language and avoid words that may be associated with a specific gender, race, or age. Also, highlight diversity and inclusion initiatives within the company.

5. Can recruiting verbiage impact diversity in the workplace?

Yes, recruiting verbiage can have a significant impact on diversity in the workplace. By using inclusive language and highlighting diversity initiatives, companies can attract a more diverse pool of candidates and create a more inclusive work environment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedbecky
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies