• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rear Windshield Wiper Advertising: A Good Idea or a Waste of Time?

In summary, the woman hung a sign that said "feel free to take a catalog" from her rear windshield wiper blade. She has no way of contacting the person who took the catalog, and she doubts it would be very effective. She recommends using business cards or a mini catalog instead.
c00p
Gold Member
So I saw something the other day that intrigued me and I've been trying to decide if it's a good idea or not - so I thought I'd ask all of you!! I have a SUV with a rear windshield wiper, like this minivan that I saw. She had taken a catalog "hanger" bag and put catalogs inside of it and hung it on her rear wiper blade thingy with a big bold sign that said "feel free to take a catalog". So I'm thinking this might not be a bad idea to get your name out there, but you have no way of contacting them again. Would it be a good idea to do this or a waste of time???? Also, if I did do it, what kind of catchy wording could I put on the "sign"?????

It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how effective it would be. Like you said, you have no way of contacting that person. Plus, I live where it frequently rains with no real notice, which would make for lots of wet catalogs. Do you think she put the bag out once she was parked, then put it back in the vehicle when she returned? I can see myself driving off with it flapping against my back doors.

I would think that she put it out when she parked and then back in before leaving - but I'm like you, I can TOTALLY see myself driving off with it flapping in the wind (kind of like my arms do.....but that's another story!! :D ).

I've heard of people leaving a stack of catalogs under their windshield wipers or a magnetic catalog holder on the side of their car.

I'd be afraid someone would break my wiper! :eek:

I have a business card holder that I can put on my window and people can take a card if they want. That way they have my info but it costs me the least - people keep business cards more than they keep catalogs. I still can't follow up with them but I figure at least they can see my website or call me if they want a catalog. Problem is I forget to put it out.

I'm sure it would be like anytime you hand out a catalog without getting a name/number in return. But if you have alot of catalogs left over and no plans to do a booth or something, why not.Personally, I'd rather do the business cards and if I was going to put cattys on my car, I'd do the cheaper mini's.

BethCooks4U said:
I'd be afraid someone would break my wiper! :eek:

I have a business card holder that I can put on my window and people can take a card if they want. That way they have my info but it costs me the least - people keep business cards more than they keep catalogs. I still can't follow up with them but I figure at least they can see my website or call me if they want a catalog. Problem is I forget to put it out.

Is it that free one and how did that work out? I contacted the guy for some more information on the product and never got a reply. So, I figured it he couldn't reply, I wouldn't go searching for the product.

So, is it that one, or do you have another detachable one?

I remember hearing that someone uses one of those shower caddy things with the suction cups to put catalogs on their car when they are our shopping.............

I've also seen cars while I've been out with the business card magnets (vistaprint) all over the back of their car - it was obvious that you could just take one. I'm not sure that I would like that though - I'd be afraid of scratches from magnets being moved/removed.....

janetupnorth said:
Is it that free one and how did that work out? I contacted the guy for some more information on the product and never got a reply. So, I figured it he couldn't reply, I wouldn't go searching for the product.

So, is it that one, or do you have another detachable one?

Yes it is. I called him when Linda said she was offered a free one and he said he had just offered it to one person to see if that approach would work. I had already ordered and he sent me extra free too - I gave one to my son (a realtor) who said he was going to put it on his sign. I also gave 2 of them to team members. I haven't gotten any feedback from them.

I also got a clear plexiglass thingy that he is selling for a couple dollars. I didn't want to attach it to the car permanently (there are instructions on how to remove it though). The card holder is now attached to that and I just put it on the window and then close the window with it in when I leave the car. I did forget to take it off once but luckily it didn't even move in the wind. I usually forget to put it out so not many cards have been taken.

What is rear windshield wiper advertising?

Rear windshield wiper advertising is a form of outdoor advertising where ads are placed on the rear windshield wipers of cars. These ads are typically made of vinyl or other durable materials and are designed to be easily visible to drivers behind the car.

Is rear windshield wiper advertising effective?

The effectiveness of rear windshield wiper advertising can vary depending on the specific campaign and target audience. However, studies have shown that this form of advertising can have a high recall rate and can generate a significant amount of brand awareness.

How much does rear windshield wiper advertising cost?

The cost of rear windshield wiper advertising can vary depending on factors such as the size and design of the ad, the duration of the campaign, and the number of cars it will be placed on. Generally, it is a cost-effective form of outdoor advertising compared to other options such as billboards.

Are there any regulations or restrictions for rear windshield wiper advertising?

Regulations and restrictions for rear windshield wiper advertising may vary by location. It is important to check with local authorities or consult with a professional advertising agency before launching a campaign. In general, ads should not obstruct the driver's view or contain offensive or illegal content.

Can rear windshield wiper advertising target specific demographics?

Yes, rear windshield wiper advertising can be targeted to specific demographics by choosing the location and type of cars the ads will be placed on. This can help reach a desired audience and increase the effectiveness of the campaign.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MakinBacon
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kaseydee