• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions about Forged Cutlery & Double Burner Griddle

So if you cut something in half, the widest part would be 2 inches.In summary, a customer asked two questions about the Forged Cutlery Chef's Knife and the Double Burner Griddle. The width of the Forged Cutlery Chef's Knife is 2 inches and the Double Burner Griddle can be used on a gas stove. The width of the knife blade is 8 inches, and the widest part of the blade is 2 inches. The customer also mentioned using a turkey roasting pan as a griddle on a gas stove.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
One of my recruits had a customer that asked 2 really good questions and my recruit didn't know the answer so she said she'd ask me and I don't know either!! Ugh!! How embarrassing so I'm coming to you!!!:eek:

1. What is the WIDTH of the Forged Cutlery Chef's Knife vs the Self Sharpening Chef's Knife?

2. Can you use the Double Burner Griddle with a gas stove?

Thanks for your help guys!!!:D

#1 - I do not know

#2 - yes you can.

The Forged Cutlery chef knife is 2inches wide...... just used a measuring tape..... and yes the double burner griddle can be used on a gas stove.. I have one on both accounts!!! I can't tell you what the width is on the self sharpening chefs knife is becasue mine in my camping stuff. Hope that helps!!!

They are both the same length but the Chef's Knife with Case is 1 3/4 inches at it's widest and the Forged Chef's Knife is just a hair less than 2 inches at it's widest.

PS: I also have a gas stove and use the double burner griddle on it with no problems!

mommyhugz1978 said:
The Forged Cutlery chef knife is 2inches wide...... just used a measuring tape..... and yes the double burner griddle can be used on a gas stove.. I have one on both accounts!!! I can't tell you what the width is on the self sharpening chefs knife is becasue mine in my camping stuff. Hope that helps!!!

for the width of the knife..do they want the width of the blade or the length? I'm just asking because I know the blade is not 2 inches wide or long so I'm confused?

nikkijo said:
for the width of the knife..do they want the width of the blade or the length? I'm just asking because I know the blade is not 2 inches wide or long so I'm confused?

Width means how wide... the blade is 8 inches long

Thanks Ladies!! You guys ROCK!!! I knew I'd get the answers here!!!:D

I have a gas stove and love using my turkey roasting pan on top as a griddle. Works great!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Width means how wide... the blade is 8 inches long

I'm aware of that...BUT my knife blade is not 2" wide....the handle may be, but the blade is not. I thought she was referring to the blade being 2" wide and that is why i was confused.

nikkijo said:
I'm aware of that...BUT my knife blade is not 2" wide....the handle may be, but the blade is not. I thought she was referring to the blade being 2" wide and that is why i was confused.

The widest part of the blade which is the middle where most use to cut stuff with is 2 inches wide.

What is the difference between forged and stamped cutlery?

Forged cutlery is made from a single piece of steel that is heated and then hammered into shape, resulting in a stronger and more durable blade. Stamped cutlery is cut out of a large sheet of steel and then ground into shape, making it more affordable but also less sturdy.

How do I properly care for my forged cutlery?

To maintain the sharpness and longevity of your forged cutlery, it is recommended to hand wash them with mild soap and warm water and dry them immediately. Avoid using harsh detergents or leaving them to soak in water. Regularly sharpening and honing the blades will also help to keep them in top condition.

Can I use the double burner griddle on an induction cooktop?

Yes, the double burner griddle is designed to be compatible with all types of stovetops, including induction. It is made with a tri-ply construction that allows for even heat distribution and efficient cooking.

What is the size of the double burner griddle?

The double burner griddle measures 20.5 inches by 10.5 inches, making it the perfect size for cooking breakfast foods such as pancakes, eggs, and bacon for a family or group of friends.

Is the double burner griddle dishwasher safe?

No, it is not recommended to put the double burner griddle in the dishwasher as it may cause damage to the non-stick coating. To clean, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and mild soap or hand wash it with warm water and dry immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
kat29
  • NMmommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies