• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outlet Orders and Inactivity: Submitting $61 Order by Midnight

In summary, the customer balked at paying $10 for shipping when she would only pay $4 if she turned in the order with a show. The customer's friend said she was ordering $18 worth of stuff from the outlet and the customer has a customer who ordered one $11 item. The customer is nervous about submitting the order because he has not heard anything from the customer or the customer's representative about the order. If the order had been submitted, the customer would have received confirmation by e-mail.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am in danger of being inactive and must submit another $33 in orders by midnight.

I have a $61 order to turn in but a) the customer balked at $10 shipping when she'd only pay $4 if she turned it in with a show and b) it's not her fault that I'm in this pickle. Truth be told, she'd get a guest special if she waited ...

Now ... I have a friend who just said she was ordering $18 worth of stuff from the outlet, and I have a customer who ordered one $11 item, so I am thinking it makes more sense for me to order something small to go with it than to spend $6 in shipping.

I'm just wondering ... do I risk it, or do I just go with plan A and submit that $61 order?

Di_Can_Cook said:
I am in danger of being inactive and must submit another $33 in orders by midnight.

I have a $61 order to turn in but a) the customer balked at $10 shipping when she'd only pay $4 if she turned it in with a show and b) it's not her fault that I'm in this pickle. Truth be told, she'd get a guest special if she waited ...

Now ... I have a friend who just said she was ordering $18 worth of stuff from the outlet, and I have a customer who ordered one $11 item, so I am thinking it makes more sense for me to order something small to go with it than to spend $6 in shipping.

I'm just wondering ... do I risk it, or do I just go with plan A and submit that $61 order?

Outlet orders count...but just make sure you've done your math well!

Yeah .... I haven't gotten any confirmation ... I think if I haven't heard anything by midnight I'm going to go with plan A ... she's in Nebraska and I would hate to see things get messed up!

If she HAD submitted an order ... wouldn't I get confirmation by e-mail???

I'm starting to get nervous ...

Di_Can_Cook said:
If she HAD submitted an order ... wouldn't I get confirmation by e-mail???

I'm starting to get nervous ...

Sometimes it takes awhile to get the online order e-mail. I would not risk it. You will lose your career sales and any recruits you might have.

Yup, as much as I'd like to help this customer get a guest special and spend the $9 I'm putting towards her shipping in other ways ... there is an old saying that a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Well, got confirmation of the web order this afternoon. $29 and change before shipping ... $38 and change with it, I think .... if I had just ordered that kitchen spritizer by itself and held onto the $61 order I would have been fine. Then again ... I would have paid $6 in shipping for that item alone ....

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Hi there! I completely understand your dilemma and I'm glad you reached out for advice. In situations like this, it's always best to prioritize your business needs and goals. If submitting the $61 order will help you avoid being inactive, then I would suggest going with that option. However, if you have a customer who is willing to order from the outlet and your friend is also placing an order, it may be a good idea to add a small item to their orders to save on shipping costs. Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what is best for your business and I trust that you will make the right decision. Just remember, every order counts towards your overall success as a consultant. Best of luck!

What is an outlet order and how does it count towards my sales?

An outlet order is a purchase made from the Pampered Chef outlet, which offers discounted items that are no longer available in the current catalog. These orders do count towards your sales if they are made within the current commission period.

Do outlet orders count towards my monthly sales goal?

Yes, outlet orders count towards your monthly sales goal. They are treated the same as any other customer order and will contribute to your overall sales for the month.

Can I earn commission on outlet orders?

Yes, you can earn commission on outlet orders. Just like regular customer orders, outlet orders will earn you commission based on your sales level and the commission percentage for that level.

Do outlet orders count towards earning incentives and rewards?

Yes, outlet orders count towards earning incentives and rewards. As long as the outlet order is placed within the current commission period, it will count towards any incentives or rewards you are working towards.

Are there any restrictions on what products can be purchased through the outlet?

Outlet orders can only be placed for items that are currently available in the outlet. This means that some products may not be available for purchase through the outlet at all times. Additionally, outlet purchases are limited to 5 of the same item per customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • SilverCeladon