• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Outlet Orders and Commissionable Sales

help!The gift certificate purchasers don't have to pay S&H. You would enter the order as an individual order.
chefjwr
I had 2 of my 3 parties fall apart this month leaving me about $250 away from Level 1 Incentive. I am trying to pull it up and working on various sales and incentives for my customers but nothing is working so far. No one seems to want to buy PC for gifts even though I have distributed great PC gift ideas. I do like the things on the outlet. If I order from the outlet
#1 Do I make commission on that and does it count toward Incentive Points?
#2 Do consultants get an additional discount over the Outlet Prices?

Also, does anyone think that buying a set of cookware myself and selling the pieces separately would be a good idea for people who just want 1 or 2 of the pieces and not a whole set?

Any other ideas are welcome.:confused:

chefjwr said:
#1 Do I make commission on that and does it count toward Incentive Points?
Yes, you get commission on outlet sales, and they count toward the incentive. When the orders are placed through your PWS - ordering through CC counts as a sample order and there is no commission/points.
chefjwr said:
#2 Do consultants get an additional discount over the Outlet Prices?
You can order through CC (Samples and Supplies) and get a discount, but that does not count toward commissionable sales nor incentive points.

When I have looked at the prices on the outlet thru CC I have never been able to see a consultant discount.

Also, Ann, please walk me through. Exactly how do I make sure that I am ordering correctly on the Outlet to get the Incentive Points. The option of ordering on a party-- I don't think that will pull up the outlet. Right? I need to select ordering not with a party. Yes? Also, when do I type in my consultant info. Does that even matter? Maybe I get commission no matter whether it is me or someone else ordering.

Ann, if you needed $250 points and can't book a party, what would you do? Any ideas?

Anyone out there with something brilliant?

Go into your PWS, and click on the "Order Products" link in the lower left (pic of the trifle bowl). Select option 2 - individual order. If that option doesn't come up, clear your cookies, because your browser "thinks" you're placing an order with a show. :) The outlet will be the bottom category.

Pick what you want and finish shopping. You can use your address - if you put c/o before your name (address it to Suzy Hostess, c/o Julie, 123 Street).

The outlet items on CC (under samples) are marked down 15 or 20%, but as I pointed out above, you don't get points.

hmmm.... need $250 for the incentive. Have you made customer care calls? Let your good customers know that you're inches from your goal and could use their help. Offer a small freebie with an order, and tell them that you'll send them a postcard from the trip. :)

Thanks Ann--Oh Fountain of Knowledge!!

Also, am I understanding that I can't use my name as being the actual purchaser? What about my credit card? It will be in my name.

go ahead and use your own card. It's entirely possible that a customer have you a check and you're just putting it on a card to order it. ;)

I've submitted outlet orders in my name and not had a problem. But because we aren't paid commission on our orders, it could be something that bite you in the rear. Why risk it?

Okay - I can't take credit for this idea, it came from a former director. When I had a show cancel that I needed to earn level 2 this December she suggested this:

Call or email everyone and offer 20% off all gift certificate purchases! The discount would come out of your pocket, but be worth it to earn the incentive because it is really just your commission.

The great think is the gift certificate purchasers don't pay S & H and you have them mailed either to the recipient or to the purchaser and don't have to worry about delivering them before Christmas.

I just mailed out 40 postcards offering this, so will make follow up tomorrow as I can!

almondfarm said:
The great think is the gift certificate purchasers don't pay S & H and you have them mailed either to the recipient or to the purchaser and don't have to worry about delivering them before Christmas.

I had NO idea the gift certificate purchasers didn't pay S&H. Is it that way if they are on a guest for a show, too? If not, then do I enter it as an individual order? Someone help me with this. I'm less than $100 away from incentive and would LOVE to boost enough to make it there. Woohoo!

LibrarianChef said:
I had NO idea the gift certificate purchasers didn't pay S&H. Is it that way if they are on a guest for a show, too? If not, then do I enter it as an individual order? Someone help me with this. I'm less than $100 away from incentive and would LOVE to boost enough to make it there. Woohoo!
Yes, there are no shipping costs for gift certificates - even when ordered as part of a show. So if someone came to a show, and all they ordered was a gift certificate for $50.00 - then that is all they would owe. No tax, and no shipping.:D

Woohoo, that's GREAT news!!!! Thanks! :D

And where all can gift certificates be used? On the outlet? On a show? Online orders? Individual order through a consultant?

Gift certificates can only be redeemed through HO, either online or via mail. And the redeemer must pay direct shipping on the items they order.

Just to clarify, so that means they can do the outlet online? I ask because my "new" grandmother buys lots through the outlet and I know she'd really want to get gift certificates if I offered her a discount. :)

Unless the outlet is available through the corporate shopping site, which I don't think it is. Also, anything the customer spends above the GC amount is "lost." Nobody gets commission on it.

Oh duh...just figured it out: Gift Certificate, right? LOL!

Yep. Sorry about the confusion. I think faster than I type.

No problem. I apparently don't think at ALL before I type. :eek:

What is considered an outlet order?

An outlet order is any order placed through the Pampered Chef website or with a consultant, using the outlet section for discounted items.

How much commission will I earn on outlet orders?

Outlet orders are not commissionable. Commission is only earned on full-priced items.

Are outlet orders eligible for host rewards?

No, outlet orders are not eligible for host rewards or any other promotions or discounts.

Can I return or exchange items purchased through outlet orders?

Yes, outlet items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase, as long as they are in new and unused condition.

Can I use my consultant discount on outlet orders?

Yes, your consultant discount can be applied to outlet orders, but it cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookingmommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pc_jessica