• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Time? No Problem: How to Make Bread Bowls Quickly for a Show

Take the grands biscuits, turn a muffin pan upside down and spray it with a little pam sray! Place the biscuit on the upside down muffin "hill" and you have bowls! We do this for my brothers white chicken chili all the time and they are cute and great! Make sure you take a cup or the measure all measuring cup to flatten out the bottom of the bowl before you bake these! Cheap and Yummy! Only one ingredient!Thanks Dawn. I am going to prebake these before I go to the show. I think they will be real hit.Thanks Dawn. I am going to prebake these before I go to the show.
PCSarahjm
I have a show tomorrow night and we are doing the Smashed Potato Soup. I would like to make bread bowls for the soup....my host already has $200 in outside orders...so I would like to do a little extra for her show. But I have never made bread bowls. For those that have what is the easiest and quickest way?

There is a bread bowl recipe from PC somewhere...I think it involved the tube of refrigerated pizza crust, cut into disks, smash them and bake!Check Stoneware Inspirations.

Thanks Debbie....I found a recipe on all recipes using Jumbo Flakey Biscuits. It sounds really easy and quick!

You can spray the prep bowls with Pam then put the biscuits on the bowls and bake. Makes mini bread bowls.

pamperedmomto3 said:
You can spray the prep bowls with Pam then put the biscuits on the bowls and bake. Makes mini bread bowls.

I was going to use the muffin stone but think I will use the prep bowls and muffin stone. Do you know how long to cook them on the prep bowls?

If I remember correctly, you cook them as long as the package says. I would take a peek at them a little earlier because they are thinner. Once they start to brown, pull them out. Sorry I can't be more specific.

DebbieJ said:
There is a bread bowl recipe from PC somewhere...

I think it involved the tube of refrigerated pizza crust, cut into disks, smash them and bake!

Check Stoneware Inspirations.

Chili Bread Bowls
(The Pampered Chef Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook, page 63)

Bread Bowls
2 packages (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Chili
1/3 recipe (5 cups) prepared Hearty Meat Sauce (p. 58)
1 can (15 1/2 ounces chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 envelope (1.25-1.48 ounces) chili seasoning mix
Sliced Green onions with tops (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove pizza crust from packages; do not unroll. Cut each portion of dough crosswise into thirds to form six equal portions. Place dough, cut-side down, on Large Round Stone; press lightly to form 4-inch rounds. Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 21-23 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
2. Meanwhile, in Medium (3-qt.) Saucepan, combine meat sauce, chili beans andseasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
3. To serve, slice off top of each bread round; carefully remove centers to form bowls. Place bread bowls into serving bowls; ladle chili into bread bowls. Sprinkle wiht green onions, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings

DebbieJ said:
There is a bread bowl recipe from PC somewhere...

I think it involved the tube of refrigerated pizza crust, cut into disks, smash them and bake!

Check Stoneware Inspirations.

Chili Bread Bowls
(The Pampered Chef Stoneware Inspirations Cookbook, page 63)

Bread Bowls
2 packages (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese

Chili
1/3 recipe (5 cups) prepared Hearty Meat Sauce (p. 58)
1 can (15 1/2 ounces chili beans in sauce, undrained
1 envelope (1.25-1.48 ounces) chili seasoning mix
Sliced Green onions with tops (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove pizza crust from packages; do not unroll. Cut each portion of dough crosswise into thirds to form six equal portions. Place dough, cut-side down, on Large Round Stone; press lightly to form 4-inch rounds. Brush lightly with oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 21-23 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
2. Meanwhile, in Medium (3-qt.) Saucepan, combine meat sauce, chili beans andseasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 minutes.
3. To serve, slice off top of each bread round; carefully remove centers to form bowls. Place bread bowls into serving bowls; ladle chili into bread bowls. Sprinkle wiht green onions, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings

Or do it like this!

Take the grands biscuits, turn a muffin pan upside down and spray it with a little pam sray! Place the biscuit on the upside down muffin "hill" and you have bowls! We do this for my brothers white chicken chili all the time and they are cute and great! Make sure you take a cup or the measure all measuring cup to flatten out the bottom of the bowl before you bake these! Cheap and Yummy! Only one ingredient!

Thanks Dawn. I am going to prebake these before I go to the show. I think they will be real hit.

PCSarahjm said:
Thanks Dawn. I am going to prebake these before I go to the show. I think they will be real hit.

And you can pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds to make them warm... You do not need or really want them hot any way! I love them and they are always a hit when we make these for parties! Good luck with your show!!!

Related to No Time? No Problem: How to Make Bread Bowls Quickly for a Show

What ingredients are needed to make bread bowls quickly for a show?

To make bread bowls quickly for a show, you will need 4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of active dry yeast, 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Can I use a stand mixer to make the dough for the bread bowls?

Yes, using a stand mixer can help save time and make the process easier. Simply mix all the ingredients together using the dough hook attachment until a smooth dough forms.

How long does the dough need to rise before shaping the bread bowls?

The dough will need to rise for about 30 minutes before shaping the bread bowls. However, you can speed up the rising process by placing the dough in a warm area or near a preheated oven.

Do I need any special tools to shape the bread bowls?

No, you do not need any special tools. You can use your hands to shape the dough into round balls or use a floured drinking glass to create a perfect circle shape.

Can I make the bread bowls ahead of time and reheat them for the show?

Yes, you can make the bread bowls ahead of time and reheat them for the show. Simply wrap the cooled bread bowls in aluminum foil and reheat in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • PCSarahjm
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • dianevill