• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Pampered Chef Team Members: Need Help with Your First Show?

a hug! I also tell them about my "booking fee" which is 10% of the total order amount.EXPLAIN HOW YOU SHARE THE OPPORTUNITYI tell them about my team, how great they are, and how excited I am for them to join me on this journey. I also offer to send them more information and a flyer about joining my team after the show.WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?I do ONE recipe and it has to be a quick, economical one. If the guest requests a recipe, I'll give them a couple of other choices, but it's always my favorite.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am compiling a HELP! I’VE NEVER DONE A SHOW! list for my new team members...

If you guys wouldn't mind answering any or all of the following questions, I am going to compile it all and then will share the results. I found an old outdated version on my hard drive and am looknig for more updated answers. I am attaching the old outdated one for ya'll to see.

Here are the questions:

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF AT A SHOW?

EXPLAIN HOW YOU CARRY AND DISPLAY YOUR PRODUCTS

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?

WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SHOW FIRST?

HOW LONG DO YOU LEAVE YOUR SHOW OPEN?

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?

EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET BOOKINGS

EXPLAIN HOW YOU SHARE THE OPPORTUNITY

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?

SHARE A QUICK TIP

Attachments

• HelpIveNever.doc
    51 KB · Views: 230
  • HelpIveNever.doc
    51 KB · Views: 248
  • HelpIveNever.doc
    51 KB · Views: 207
I thank the host and guests, say my name and tell my story.

I use the new consultant tote, show to go tote and tool turnabout tote. I set a display of a few items that won't be used - to cover all of our collections. My table has the products we'll be using on it.

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?
Season's Best or other small item. If the host has a lot of outside orders I do a higher priced door prize. Brought a guest? I give $1 off both shippings.

Depends on the recipe. If it needs to cook I show the demo products first and then go over the display items while it cooks. If it's something like a trifle I do it the other way around.

I try to close them within 2 days but have allowed hosts to take up to a week. More time rarely gets more orders.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?
I have checks made out to me.

I talk about the benefits at my show and do the full service check out. EVERYONE is asked if they want to do a show. I also offer the host extra at any show that they get booked from outside orders. I give her/him the host discount she earned at her own show (PC gives her 10% and I give her the difference).

When I tell my story I talk about my why and what PC has done for me and then I tell why others have joined my team. I throw out one liners during the show too ("you get this in your kit"...). I have the Your Life Your Way flyer in each packet and ask at check out if they want more info.

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?
I choose what I want to do and tell the host and ask if that sounds good to them. If not I give them one or two other choices. If that's not good either I ask what they had in mind or what kind of recipe they would like. I do ONE recipe and it has to be a quick, economical one.

SHARE A QUICK TIP?
Always have fun! Be honest and give good customer service especially to the complainer.

I hope that's what you wanted. Thanks for this. I would love to see your revised doc when you're done!

This is a great thread

I say my name, tell them how long I've been a consultant (1.5 yr), and that I've been a Pampered Chef junkie for over 10 years (gets some laughter and nods), then I say seriously, I've been personally using theses products for years...so I feel very comfortable recommending them.

Show to go tote, the TTA w/tote (stuffed to the gills), and briefcase with computer and materials. For display, I lay out stations if it's interactive; otherwise, organize what I need for the recipe in front of me. Non-recipe items I put within reach so I can talk about during the show.

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?
Citrus Peeler for all first-timers; SB and/or spatula depending on the group.

The guest special and the host specials.

Usually 2-3 days; week at most (especially if that provides a weekend...I find most of my internet orders come in on the weekends).

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?
I tell them I take cash, checks made out to me, and credit card, which is actually the easiest since I electronically transfer everything to Pampered Chef. (And I always state up front the software encrypts the cc numbers.)

I emphasize how great it is to get together with friends...we're all so busy these days that we all don't get to do it enough. I say that I've had a enjoyable time and hope they have too and that I'd love to give each of them and their friends the same.

I take a moment out and say I'd like to be serious for a minute. I pause, lower my voice, and simply say (again) how long I've been a consultant and that I am very comfortable recommending what I do to anyone. The Pampered Chef treats their customers well, they treat their hosts well, and they also treat the constultants well...very well. It was a scary decision to start something new, but it's one of the best decisions I've ever made..especially when I realized they really wasn't any risks involved.

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?
I generally offer a theme and do two recipes...one being exceptionally easy and quick. I always give the perception of choice, but gently guide them towards one of just two 'themes'. (Ie. "This time of year I love doing a Cold Stone Cremery Show or a 'No-Sweat Dinner' show...which would you like to do with your frieds?")

SHARE A QUICK TIP?
Always be who you are and be trustworthy. If doing games isn't your style, don't do them. As for being trustworthy, people will buy more when they trust you, they will book more when they trust you, and they will be more likely to join your team when they trust you.

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF AT A SHOW? - It ususally goes something like this - Hi, I'm Kim, the Pampered Chef Consultant. I've been a consultant for just over 3 years. I got started as a hobby, something fun to do. After I attended my first national conference I saw how this company changes lives everyday. I then decided to really make a go of this and turn it into a business. We're going to make __________ today. While I'm making the recipe, I'm going to tell you about some of my favorite products, focusing on Stoneware, Cookware, Knives, and Simple Additions. After that, I will tell you about a couple of programs I'm very proud of (HWC & RUFTH), I'm going to tell you more about what it's like to be a consultant, we'll play a game, then we'll eat. So, sit back, relax, have a great time and feel free to ask questions or make comments. I love it when my guests are involved.

EXPLAIN HOW YOU CARRY AND DISPLAY YOUR PRODUCTS - I use the Show to Go Rolling Case and the Tool Turn About in the bag. I don't take many more products than what I use in the recipe - I always take both the Stainless & the Executive 8" saute' pans, and at least one piece of Simple Additions.

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES? - I thank my host with a Season's best and another small product - mini svg spat, i-slice, can strainer...

I do the Pass the Product game later in the show - that prize is usually along the same lines - mini svg spat, i-slice, can strainer, easy opener...

WHAT PRODUCT DO YOU SHOW FIRST? - I generally talk about Stoneware first, granted that the recipe calls for it.

HOW LONG DO YOU LEAVE YOUR SHOW OPEN? - Generally 4 or 5 days.

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY? - Cash (I cary a PC bank bag with 2 10's, 4 5's, 10 1's, and a handfull of change), Checks payable to me, cards.

EXPLAIN HOW YOU GET BOOKINGS - I explain to the group that the host gets free, half price and discounted items. I mention that my average host gets $90 free and ask them to think about what they would buy with a $90 gift certificate. Also - y'all know this - ask everyone when they're checking out.

EXPLAIN HOW YOU SHARE THE OPPORTUNITY - When the recipe is in the oven, or after the demo but before they're eating, I get out my "why box" It has all kinds of visual aids which prompt me to talk about all the different reasons people become consultants. There's a toy plane (trips), toy car (mention that with just 1 show/week they can earn an average car payment), one of my tickets to a college football game (expensive hobbies), fake credit card (get out of debt), paint brush (home improvement), an "I Beat My Director" ribbon & the card I got from the HO when I promoted to director (recognition for efforts), a mini diploma* (pay for school, daycare, college), a baby card* (stay home w/ kids), a wedding card* (pay for wedding or honeymoon, talk about wedding reg & bridal showers), and a retirement card* (take your business with you as you travel)

*I got the supplies for these cards in the scrapbook section at wal-mart. They're just plain white postcards with stickers.

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES? I ask my host whether they want to do an appetizer, main dish, or dessert, then email them 3 choices from the category they chose. I generally do 1 recipe. If I do a second, it's a microwave cake or something simple like that.

SHARE A QUICK TIP - Get in the habit from the beginning of asking every customer about their interest in the business opportunity or hosting a show. Establish those habits early, and you'll be far more successful.

I say my name, Thank the host and tell them how we met. I tell them a quick bit about me (just quit my full time job :) ) Then I let them know that I will take about 10 minutes of their time now, we will do the demo and then about 15 more minutes to finish up and then they are free to Party with their friends!

Show to go tote, tool turn about not stuffed! a file bag for paper stuff and a dirty bin for dishes. I only bring what we use and the next month's guest or host specials.

WHAT ABOUT DOOR PRIZES?
Season's best/twix-it's whatever I have hanging around :)

The Deep Covered Baker. Always. I bring a chicken as my hostess gift and make a chicken at every show!

Usually 2-3 days; week at most (especially if that provides a weekend...I find most of my internet orders come in on the weekends).

HOW DO YOU HANDLE MONEY?
I tell them I take cash, checks made out to me, and credit card,

I try to give them value for their time. I try to do shows that include practical recipes that they will make again and that they will tell their friends about. Also, we have a ton of FUN! Some shows I am lucky there isn't a food fight :)

I play the ticket game and share my story and my experiences. Before I give out the present I tell them that there is no way for me to know if The Pampered Chef can fill a need in their lives and I invite them to chat with me so we can see if it is a good fit.

WHAT ABOUT RECIPES?
I always give the perception of choice, but gently guide them towards one of just two 'themes'. Brilliant! That is what I do, but I offer practical cooking or practical entertaining shows.

SHARE A QUICK TIP?
Have fun! Be gracious and act like you are working for referrals...because you are.

Thank you!! I am just now seeing this thread and the thanks button is GONE! THANKS TO ALL!! :D:D

What is a Pampered Chef show and how do I host one?

A Pampered Chef show is a cooking demonstration and party where guests can sample and purchase Pampered Chef products. As a consultant, you can help host a show in person or online. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about hosting options.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show gives you the opportunity to earn free and discounted products, connect with friends and family, and learn new cooking techniques and recipes. Plus, as a host, you can earn additional rewards by booking future shows with your consultant.

What is a consultant and how do I become one?

A Pampered Chef consultant is an independent sales representative who helps to promote and sell Pampered Chef products. To become a consultant, you can sign up online or contact a current consultant for more information.

What products will be featured at the show?

The products featured at each show may vary, but typically, the consultant will showcase popular and new products from our catalog. You can also request specific products to be featured during your show, and your consultant will do their best to accommodate your requests.

What is the best way to prepare for a Pampered Chef show?

To prepare for a Pampered Chef show, make sure to invite your friends and family, gather any necessary ingredients for recipes, and have a clean and organized space for the demonstration. You can also browse our catalog and website to familiarize yourself with our products and recipes beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kayleigh