• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Guidelines for Declined Payments on a Show?L

In summary, these took effect on 8/1 and mean that if a customer pays you with a cc card which gets declined, you can't switch to say...well add her total to the host's cc because she paid the host in cash. The lady has to come up with a new cc or debit card #.
DebPC
Staff member
These took effect on 8/1. I had my first declined cc yesterday. I have read the email about 4 times and don't have any idea what they mean. I am in line waiting for a call back from Order Proccessing but thought I might get a faster answer here. Is it just me?

It just means that if you have a customer pay with a cc card which gets declined you can't switch to say...well add her total to the host's cc because she paid the host in cash. That lady has to come up with a new cc or debit card #. From what I understand you can make it a PC Debit payment also. However, if I have interpreted the rules wrong please share what HO says.

Home Office said it has to do with after a show is shipped. Evidently in the past when cc's were declined to get them settled for end of month totals, consultants would put them on their cc. Then call back after they'd been able to reach the customer and want to have it taken off of theirs and put on the customers.
I have to admit I've never heard of this one. This is the only scenerio HO gave me. I have a hunch we'll be getting clarification sometime soon.

I spoke to them before your post, otherwise I would have asked them about your example.

Chef Kearns said:
It just means that if you have a customer pay with a cc card which gets declined you can't switch to say...well add her total to the host's cc because she paid the host in cash. That lady has to come up with a new cc or debit card #. From what I understand you can make it a PC Debit payment also. However, if I have interpreted the rules wrong please share what HO says.

Actually, I've already had two declined cards in August (an extreme rarity, but it happened), and one case, the customer wrote me a check, so I put it on my Consultant's Credit Card to clear the show, and then on the other, the customer gave me a new card. It does seem that they will change the charge to someone else's card.

I have to admit that given that they let me put it on my card, that confused me, but given the explanation Happy Chef gave about not changing it after the show has cleared, it makes more sense to me now.

Ardi

This is one of those times when we all were saying...I don't get it...maybe we are a little thick or something.

I now get it!!!! Becareful putting it on your PC debit or credit card...I have been stiffed twice in the last 6 months.

Related to New Guidelines for Declined Payments on a Show?L

1. What are the new guidelines for declined payments on a show?

The new guidelines for declined payments on a show state that any payments that are declined must be resolved within 24 hours of the show in order for the host to receive their host rewards.

2. What happens if a payment is declined?

If a payment is declined, the host will receive an email notification informing them of the declined payment. They will then have 24 hours to resolve the issue before their host rewards are affected.

3. How can a host resolve a declined payment?

A host can resolve a declined payment by contacting their guests and asking them to update their payment information. They can also reach out to the Pampered Chef customer service team for assistance.

4. Will the host lose their host rewards if a payment is not resolved within 24 hours?

If a host does not resolve a declined payment within 24 hours, they will lose their host rewards for that particular show. However, they can still receive their rewards by rescheduling the show and ensuring all payments are processed successfully.

5. Are there any exceptions to the 24-hour payment resolution rule?

In certain circumstances, such as technical issues or extenuating circumstances, the 24-hour payment resolution rule may be waived. Hosts can contact their Pampered Chef consultant or the customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cincychef