• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Bounced Check --> Declined Credit Card

In summary, the customer's check bounced and she is coming to a show to give the products back to the host.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
ARGH

Had a great show early this month.
One guest paid with a check. I deposited checks, waited 3 days and submitted show.
After like 4-5 days I find out her check bounced.
Show has already been submitted.
I call HO and they say they can change her form of payment to credit card (get a cc # from her) and they'll credit the $ back to my PC Visa.
While in DC, host calls to say show has been delivered - all is well.
Yesterday evening I get a call from HO telling me her CC was declined.
Well...she already has her products!
I call her today - she says she doesn't get paid until July 3rd and has $12 to her name 'til then.
HO says I can have FedEx p/u her stuff or wait til July 3rd and have them re-run her card then - it's up to me.
What would you do?

Time to give the customer two choices:

1. She can borrow money from a family member or friend and give you cash.

2. FedEx can pick up the products and she can reorder when she has cash to give you.

I do not think you should spot her the money. There will be another excuse for her not to pay you when she gets paid.

Yep, what Lisa said.

Agreed with above. :)

You need to go there pyhsically and pick the stuff up. Tell her that she'll get them back on July 3rd when she can pay for them. If you feel wierd about it, tell her that she needs to put herself in your shoes and please try to understand.

GET THE PRODUCTS BACK RIGHT AWAY THOUGH> I wouldn't wait for Fedex to pick them up b/c she may "forget" to put them out.

pampmomof3 said:
You need to go there pyhsically and pick the stuff up. Tell her that she'll get them back on July 3rd when she can pay for them. If you feel wierd about it, tell her that she needs to put herself in your shoes and please try to understand.

GET THE PRODUCTS BACK RIGHT AWAY THOUGH> I wouldn't wait for Fedex to pick them up b/c she may "forget" to put them out.

She lives over an hour away - she is supposed to be coming to a show on Saturday so I will have her bring the items then.

I agree. Don't trust her to put those out for FedEx.

bethcooks4u said:
I agree. Don't trust her to put those out for FedEx.

Nor do I.
I will call her shortly and ask her to bring the products to Saturday's show.

Update - I just called her and told her I need the cash or the products on Saturday and she assured me she'd bring one or the other. She said she is going to ask her son if she can borrow the $ from him and then pay him back on the 3rd when she gets paid. She apologized up & down, too. We'll see what happens Saturday...

dannyzmom said:
Update - I just called her and told her I need the cash or the products on Saturday and she assured me she'd bring one or the other. She said she is going to ask her son if she can borrow the $ from him and then pay him back on the 3rd when she gets paid. She apologized up & down, too. We'll see what happens Saturday...

Does she live near the host? If she doesn't come or doesn't bring the products you could go over there and get them saving you some travel time and gas.

I agree with everyone. So she is coming to another show? She obviously has no money to order, right?

She's coming to Satuirday's show. She said she will either have cash to pay for the order she currently has in her posession (will borrow $ from her son)...or she will have the products to give back to me so I can send them back to HO.

She will be on CASH ONLY status w/me from now on!!

1. How will a bounced check or declined credit card affect my account?

A bounced check or declined credit card can result in fees and penalties from your bank and/or credit card company. It can also negatively impact your credit score.

2. What should I do if my check bounces or my credit card is declined?

If your check bounces or your credit card is declined, you should contact your bank or credit card company to find out the reason for the decline and how to resolve the issue. You may also need to make alternative payment arrangements to avoid further fees and penalties.

3. Can I still make a purchase if my check bounces or my credit card is declined?

No, if your check bounces or your credit card is declined, you will not be able to complete the purchase until the issue is resolved. It is important to have sufficient funds in your account or available credit on your card before making a purchase.

4. Will my bounced check or declined credit card affect my ability to make future purchases?

Yes, if you have a history of bounced checks or declined credit cards, it may affect your ability to make future purchases. This can result in being denied credit or having to pay higher fees and interest rates.

5. Are there any ways to avoid a bounced check or declined credit card?

Yes, you can avoid a bounced check or declined credit card by ensuring that you have enough funds in your account or available credit on your card before making a purchase. You can also set up alerts or reminders to help you keep track of your account balance and credit limit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • baychef