• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Maximizing Your Excellence Awards: Updates and Unfinished Rings Explained

In summary, there is ongoing discussion and disappointment among members about the changes to the jewelry rewards program. There is uncertainty about how unfinished rings will be addressed and some members express a desire for more information and opportunities to earn diamonds. There is also disappointment about the replacement of the tennis bracelet with a new, less popular design. Some members plan to get their rings revamped or add their own diamonds, while others are disappointed about losing the opportunity to earn the tennis bracelet after years of hard work. The decision to switch to a cheaper material is seen as a cost-saving move and there are doubts about the longevity of the new design. Some members are considering getting their own special piece of jewelry instead of waiting for the rewards program.
Anyone have any insight on what they are going to do for those who have unfinished rings? I only have 1 diamond in mine and I will be very disappointed it I don't get to fill it!!! I know they announced to keep a full calender and they would give 3 earning opportunities, but that won't finish mine off. Any other details I missed??

I don't think they've announced it yet... I just remember that you'll be able to fill your ring and bracelets... Sorry I can't give more info!

I am in the same boat Chantelle. I have 1 diamond and the ring looks weird!

I have no diamonds in mine. Would love to fill it.

Just got my ring last week and would love to fill it too. It looks weird empty! LOL

I have 2 diamonds and at least it is balanced now. I would really like to fill it though. I am soooooper curious!

I'm just sulking because the tennis bracelet is gone. I had one more year to fill my ring & then I was moving up to the tennis bracelet. Now I am stuck with a charm bracelet instead. I am crushed :(

I was looking forward to the Tennis Bracelet too! :(

Sheila said:
I was looking forward to the Tennis Bracelet too! :(

The new bracelet isn't really my style either, but I can't stop thinking about the ring. I wear it almost every day. More than my wedding ring :bugeye: I hope they hurry up and explain it and I really hope they let us fill it. I just keep telling myself that this way I will have it full within the year instead of waiting 5 or more years.

If I don't earn some diamonds, I'm sure I'll be at the jewelers having it revamped so it doesn't look so funny! LOL

I don't think the new bracelet is as classy looking as the Ruby ring and Tennis bracelet. I know lots of people who hated the ring though so they probably complained LOUDLY.

Chef Kearns said:
I don't think the new bracelet is as classy looking as the Ruby ring and Tennis bracelet. I know lots of people who hated the ring though so they probably complained LOUDLY.

I like it but I already have so many bracelets and do you just get one slider each year? I like the original ring and the tennis bracelet much better.

I am devastated about not getting the tennis bracelet. Also allowing to earn the diamonds quickly just undoes all the years of work for everyone that did put in years towards it. I wear it because I love it I think most because of the years it took me to achieve it 13 to get 5 diamonds. Since I started I could not wait to get to the bracelet now it is gone.

I think the new bracelet is a bit of a disappointment. It just doesn't seem *special* enough... IMO.

finley1991 said:
I think the new bracelet is a bit of a disappointment. It just doesn't seem *special* enough... IMO.

It's very trendy. I wonder how long it will be around.

I'm guessing the decision was based on cost. 14k gold vs. the new Sterling silver. I agree the new doesn't hold a candle to the previous offerings. No diamonds in my ring yet, so interested to see what the promo is. You know it's going to be something outrageous to earn a diamond/s.

Well, it's not my thing and when I earn it, I'll probably only wear it to PC events. My plan is to get something special for myself when I hit the goals I'm working toward. Already have my ring picked out. :)PS: I know it's not the same, but why couldn't you add your own diamonds?

finley1991 said:
... PS: I know it's not the same, but why couldn't you add your own diamonds?

I thought about that first, but since the design is not really something that I would have chosen, I'll probably go for the re-vamp! LOL

finley1991 said:
Well, it's not my thing and when I earn it, I'll probably only wear it to PC events. My plan is to get something special for myself when I hit the goals I'm working toward. Already have my ring picked out. :)

PS: I know it's not the same, but why couldn't you add your own diamonds?

If and when I get to the point that I can do something like that I might, BUT other than my wedding ring I have never had a real piece of jewelry which is what made the real gold ring with real diamonds so special.:love0010:

flemings99 said:
I'm guessing the decision was based on cost. 14k gold vs. the new Sterling silver. I agree the new doesn't hold a candle to the previous offerings. No diamonds in my ring yet, so interested to see what the promo is. You know it's going to be something outrageous to earn a diamond/s.

It might not be that bad, to earn the diamonds you have to average about $4,583 a month.

flemings99 said:

They say it's Sterling and Platinum.

Has the new EA earning requirements been announced yet?Nevermind... It's in the action plan we got. :bugeye:

finley1991 said:
Has the new EA earning requirements been announced yet?

Nevermind... It's in the action plan we got. :bugeye:

Care to share? There is nothing on CC.

Looks the same as last year:personal Sales - $55kPersonal Recruiting - 15Developing Leaders - 10 points (1 pt for TL promotion and 3 pts for D promotion)Organizational Sales Volume - $1.5M

Agreed!!!!!!! I was so excited with the new ring (even though I have yet to be an EA achiever), and have been working HARD to earn that. Now with that new bracelet...I'm not even so sure that I want it!?! Sad isn't it? :(

finley1991 said:

Didn't they just restyle the ring 2 years ago? And they announced the necklace with the sliders then, too. Is the necklace going away?

trps said:
I am devastated about not getting the tennis bracelet. Also allowing to earn the diamonds quickly just undoes all the years of work for everyone that did put in years towards it. I wear it because I love it I think most because of the years it took me to achieve it 13 to get 5 diamonds. Since I started I could not wait to get to the bracelet now it is gone.

It will still be special as only those who have earned a ring will be able to earn the diamonds and to get the diamonds special hoops will have to be jumped. It's not like they're just handing them out. I so would have rather earned the tennis bracelet than the new one as it's classic and will never go out of style.

Miss Crabby Complainer here....just concerned (and disappointed) that there are so, so many ways they are cutting corners now with costs. Initially, I am disappointed as many of you are for the same reasons. My TPC ring is more solid than my wedding band and engagement ring. I was so darn proud to earn that and so proud to wear that.

baychef said:
Miss Crabby Complainer here....just concerned (and disappointed) that there are so, so many ways they are cutting corners now with costs. Initially, I am disappointed as many of you are for the same reasons. My TPC ring is more solid than my wedding band and engagement ring. I was so darn proud to earn that and so proud to wear that.

I agree completely.

baychef said:

I agree completely. I was about to spit nails at conference when they announced the change. I was so proud to earn it this year. I feel as though everytime I reach a milestone, it changes.

cookingwithlove said:
I feel as though everytime I reach a milestone, it changes.

Yep - same here :(

I have only been with PC for 3 1/2 years now, and it seems like there have been more changes since I started than there were in the ten years prior.
I earned my ring my 1st year and have added a diamond every year since ( all 2 of em.) I was nowhere close to the tennis bracelet but man have I admired that badboy. I am disappointed that it is completely off the table as well.

I wanted the bracelet & necklace! I'll have to step up my business & buy my own from a jeweler! ;)

I sent this to Lisa at the TPCJewelry. Not sure if she is the right person, but I was tired of stewing about it. If we don't tell them they don't know. Part of me wanted to write that maybe we should stop buying Jean $1000 shoes, but that just sounded petty and mean.

I very rarely complain about The Pampered Chef’s policies. I have never complained about anything The Pampered Chef has given me as a reward for working my business. However, I want to lodge a formal complain about the change in the Excellence awards. I am sure there are unknown reasons as to why you are changing it, but this was my first year achieving an Excellence Award and I worked hard to do it. I was so proud to earn my ring. I showed all of my customers the picture of what I was going to earn and how each year I would earn additional diamonds to fill it. When the announcement of the change was made, I just about cried. I have too many diamonds to earn to fill it to be able to do it in just 3 months. The current ring, bracelet and necklace are beautiful, elegant and timeless. This new style of bracelet is trendy and garish and will become dated in just few years. It looks like anything that can be bought at Brighton or other cheap jewelry stores.

I am very disappointed in how The Pampered Chef has chosen to reward its top consultants.

I couldn't agree more Wendy!

I really wish they would let us know what we need to do!

Chantelle I am so with you. Gah!!

Are ours the same as Canada? Maybe they are waiting on their conference?

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/images/cc/us/pdf/diamond_days_faq.pdf

Here it is!! I have to get out the door in a minute so I am going to have to digest this info, but I will have to say that at first glance I am NOT happy. WOW, I think this is really really unfair...........I won't say anymore until I have thought about it for a while. I don't want to say something I will regret:(

So hold on a minute, I am looking at this again, did I miss something??? If I am reading this right there is no way to fill your ring, ( I have the most current style ring) it is all an off # of diamonds????
Current diamonds Number of updates needed to complete
0 - 6 (total number of diamonds 10)
1 - 5 (total number of diamonds 8)
2 - 4 (total number of diamonds 6)
4 - 3 (total number of diamonds 4)
6 - 2 (total number of diamonds 2)
8 - 1 (total number of diamonds 1)
10 - Ring is complete with 10 diamonds!The way it adds up to 10 diamonds is if you have 0 diamonds right now otherwise if you have 1 (like I do) or 8 you end up with 9 diamonds????? What the heck!? and on the other levels you have 8 total. And why isn't there any other odd #s listed like 3,5,7, and 9. Am I missing something?

I think it is confusing too Chantelle. And how many diamonds will we get per $5000 in sales in those months? One? Two?
Verrrry confusing...

You will earn a diamond update for every $5000 in sales. So I need 6 updates to fill my ring! I need to sell $30,000 in 3 unknown months? Why can't they just tell us the months we have to do it in?

Hmmm..I can't find the "Boo...Hiss" smilie so I guess this will do :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:
Those amount of grumpies will fill my ring!

I can guarantee that the months will be something like September, December and all of the other months where hitting $5000 is difficult for most. Not all and not that it is not possible.:grumpy:

I was thinking Dec, Jan, Feb. but Sept Dec Jan is probably more like it! Come on it is August, just let us know. How am supposed to sell $10K in one month without planing for it. I have to prepare my family that I will be Crazy. Okay more Crazy than usual! :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I just love these little guys!

cookingwithlove said:
You will earn a diamond update for every $5000 in sales. So I need 6 updates to fill my ring! I need to sell $30,000 in 3 unknown months? Why can't they just tell us the months we have to do it in?
I understand that you get a diamond update for every $5,000 BUT not every update equals 1 diamond. If you look at the chart there is nothing listed if you currently have an uneven # of diamonds. Right now I have 1 diamond on the chart I need 5 updates so that would be 2 months of $10,000 in sales and 1 of $5,000 in sales, but then I end up with 9 diamonds!!!!:confused: Does that mean if I earn 6 updates they will give me 9 diamonds (instead of 10) so I can have a full ring???

You already earned the first diamond so you would start with the second level and at the end you would have ten diamonds.

Beth is right. The chart is just so you can see where you are now & how many times you'll need to hit $5,000 during the award months to max out your ring.My guess is if your surpass your goal you just get the reward of commission and heavy bookings into the new year. I'm betting they would have mentioned earning the bracelet & starting on it's diamonds if it were an option. And I did read where the necklace achievers can NOT participate & add to their necklace. :(

Sheila said:
Beth is right. The chart is just so you can see where you are now & how many times you'll need to hit $5,000 during the award months to max out your ring.

My guess is if your surpass your goal you just get the reward of commission and heavy bookings into the new year. I'm betting they would have mentioned earning the bracelet & starting on it's diamonds if it were an option. And I did read where the necklace achievers can NOT participate & add to their necklace. :(

Here is the chart for 1 diamond:
Current # of diamonds:1
Number of updates needed to complete 5 (total number of diamonds 8)
This would be a total of 9 diamonds but it clearly says that the ring holds 10 diamonds.
That is what I don't understand. If you look at the other rings/bracelets the #s add up but not on the most recent womens ring.

So ask them. Maybe it's a typo. ;)

I already sent them 2 emails;) one just listing my questions. I felt like I was missing something and thought someone could help me interpret it better.
I also sent one voicing that I thought the requirements weren't fair and were not in keeping with the way Pampered Chef has handled retired incentives in the past:bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl::bawl: It pretty much ruined my day. Now I need to make sure it doesn't ruin my whole month.

<h2>1. What are the updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards and how do they affect unfinished rings?</h2><p>The updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards include a change in the earning period from April 1st to March 31st to a calendar year, as well as the addition of three new earning opportunities. Unfortunately, these updates do not address the issue of unfinished rings.</p><h2>2. Will I still be able to fill my unfinished ring with only one diamond in it?</h2><p>Unfortunately, the current updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards do not provide a solution for filling unfinished rings. However, we are continuously evaluating and making updates to the program, so please stay tuned for any future announcements.</p><h2>3. What are the options for those with unfinished rings?</h2><p>At this time, the only option for those with unfinished rings is to continue earning and filling the rings through the three additional opportunities provided in the updated program. However, we understand the disappointment this may cause and will continue to evaluate potential solutions for unfinished rings.</p><h2>4. Can I still earn rewards with my unfinished ring?</h2><p>Yes, you can still earn rewards with your unfinished ring through the new earning opportunities provided in the updated program. However, your ring will remain unfinished until it is filled with all five diamonds.</p><h2>5. Are there any other updates or details I may have missed?</h2><p>The only updates and details that have been announced at this time are the change in the earning period and the addition of three new earning opportunities. As previously mentioned, we are continuously evaluating and making updates to the program and will communicate any new information as it becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience.</p>

1. What are the updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards and how do they affect unfinished rings?

The updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards include a change in the earning period from April 1st to March 31st to a calendar year, as well as the addition of three new earning opportunities. Unfortunately, these updates do not address the issue of unfinished rings.

2. Will I still be able to fill my unfinished ring with only one diamond in it?

Unfortunately, the current updates to the Maximizing Your Excellence Awards do not provide a solution for filling unfinished rings. However, we are continuously evaluating and making updates to the program, so please stay tuned for any future announcements.

3. What are the options for those with unfinished rings?

At this time, the only option for those with unfinished rings is to continue earning and filling the rings through the three additional opportunities provided in the updated program. However, we understand the disappointment this may cause and will continue to evaluate potential solutions for unfinished rings.

4. Can I still earn rewards with my unfinished ring?

Yes, you can still earn rewards with your unfinished ring through the new earning opportunities provided in the updated program. However, your ring will remain unfinished until it is filled with all five diamonds.

5. Are there any other updates or details I may have missed?

The only updates and details that have been announced at this time are the change in the earning period and the addition of three new earning opportunities. As previously mentioned, we are continuously evaluating and making updates to the program and will communicate any new information as it becomes available. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK