• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Sales: Tips for Hitting the $3000 Sell-A-Thon Threshold

In summary, the goal for this person is to make the $3000 level. They have $2100 submitted and another $500ish waiting to get final orders and payment (here's hoping that happens!), and a show tomorrow (host knows I need to close). Tomorrow's host says she's having a crowd so I am expecting it to get me beyond the $3000 but you never know until you go and then if she doesn't close... :cry:
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I am this >.< close to making the $3000 SAT level. I've never made $3000 during a SAT month. I'm at $2200 right now with a $450 show that needs to close. The lady was supposed to close on Thursday but when I called, she had lost her catalog, info, etc and didn't know what she wanted yet. So I dropped another catalog off to her and she was supposed to close today. Well, I just called her and she was leaving to go to a friend's house and won't be home until later on tonight. I cannot close tonight because I have a show! I want to hit it so bad! I'm supposed to call her tomorrow but when I asked for a good time, she didn't know. Talk about waiting until the last minute to hit the $3000 level. And that all depends on my show tonight! She needs at least $350 in sales. Cross your fingers for me!

Definately---could you put an email out to your list? Tell them your goal---I find people are happy to help!

Last time a was a little short from reaching a goal I did a rub spice sale! Sent out emails to all friend and family and close by contacts. Rubs and spices no shipping and no tax. I sold $163 in spices... Yah baby! Yes~ I had to deliver and collect money but I reach my goal! It was worth it for me :)

Good luck! :sing:

I was on track for the $6000 level (for the first time ever) at the start of the month. :sing: Guests didn't show up, shows got rescheduled - you all know the drill. :grumpy:

Well now I'm really close to the $3000 level and don't know that I'll make it. I have $2100 submitted and another $500ish waiting to get final orders and payment (here's hoping that happens!) and a show tomorrow (host knows I need to close). Tomorrow's host says she's having a crowd so I am expecting it to get me beyond the $3000 but you never know until you go and then if she doesn't close... :cry: AND she's an hour from me so it won't be easy to just run over there Monday if I need to.

One of the shows that changed was cooking to catalog and I finally just got up with her. Her DH is shipping out on Tuesday (they found out this week so have been busy with all that - TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!) so she isn't closing until Wednesday so that insurance just went away.
:cry:

...and I already sent out an email so that's not an option right now. (I did get over $200 in orders from that email though!)

I thought about sending out an email if I was close but didn't make it. I suppose that I still could. I really want ot make the deadline tomorrow but I know that a lot of the emails I have are work emails that they wouldn't get until Monday. What are your thoughts about that. I would hate to actually make the deadline Monday because there are always those people who don't follow deadlines very well.

I have sent out a ton of emails and some phone calls and am still $160 short:eek:
I getting a little stressed out!

wadesgirl said:
I thought about sending out an email if I was close but didn't make it. I suppose that I still could. I really want ot make the deadline tomorrow but I know that a lot of the emails I have are work emails that they wouldn't get until Monday. What are your thoughts about that. I would hate to actually make the deadline Monday because there are always those people who don't follow deadlines very well.
Deadline tomorrow?? Now I'm stressed out I thought it was Monday... or was tomorrow your personal deadline?

personal. Deadline for us is Monday the 30th

I think I'll send out an email with it going as a fundraiser to the flood victims in this area! And I'll donate another 10% from my commission. I'll make the deadline Monday at noon just in case.

I am JUST under 3,100 - but have just one last show to submit (catty) which is around $400 - so I need to come up with just a few extra orders :yuck:

That is cutting it TOO close for me :grumpy:

I always try to make the 6000. level but 2 shows rescheduled so i'm a bit stresses about that . But I am sooooooo happy about my party today 1850.00 so far wow great party , On the deck very hot day 1;00 show right in the heat of the day but worth it

chef131doreen said:
I always try to make the 6000. level but 2 shows rescheduled so i'm a bit stresses about that . But I am sooooooo happy about my party today 1850.00 so far wow great party , On the deck very hot day 1;00 show right in the heat of the day but worth it

Wow!
GREAT show Doreen!!:thumbup::balloon:

wadesgirl said:
I am this >.< close to making the $3000 SAT level. I've never made $3000 during a SAT month. I'm at $2200 right now with a $450 show that needs to close. The lady was supposed to close on Thursday but when I called, she had lost her catalog, info, etc and didn't know what she wanted yet. So I dropped another catalog off to her and she was supposed to close today. Well, I just called her and she was leaving to go to a friend's house and won't be home until later on tonight. I cannot close tonight because I have a show! I want to hit it so bad! I'm supposed to call her tomorrow but when I asked for a good time, she didn't know. Talk about waiting until the last minute to hit the $3000 level. And that all depends on my show tonight! She needs at least $350 in sales. Cross your fingers for me!

How was your show tonight?

I've decided SAT stands for Stress A Thon.

Every post I read is people who are stressing over trying to reach a level. Myself included. This is my first full month with PC (signed mid-May, and I have a FT job) and I **should** be turning cartwheels at doing $ 1400 and a higher comission rate. Instead, I'm scrambling trying to find another hundred bucks in orders, and praying this catalog show I'm working doesn't fall through.

And since I really don't know what the "selection" of products is, I have no idea if any of this stress is even worth it. I'll be glad when July gets here.

IAmChefJ said:
And since I really don't know what the "selection" of products is, I have no idea if any of this stress is even worth it. I'll be glad when July gets here.

They say SAT boxes of product should be sent and delivered by July 25th...my birthday is the 28th, so I'm thinking of it as an early birthday gift...I hope it's a good one! :)

This is my first SAT. I was all stoked to get to 6k...booked 8 shows plus a catty, offered additional free product if the show hit certain levels...and of course just hit 3k. One show canceled, one switched to catty, booked catty never went anywhere, show average is way down.

Maybe I'm overthinking....I figure that PC does the SAT bec June is a tough month, being the start of summer. So, having SAT motivates us to book heavy and host coach a lot. Coming into NC with free products and nice commissions doesnt hurt either.

What I've learned is to treat every month like SAT - when I close my remaining shows Monday, I will have hit my monthly sales goal (4k) for only the second time since I started the biz (November 07). Commissions will come in handy to pay for NC. My August is already pretty full, and I can enjoy NC and return ready to kick into high gear.

I'm in this biz for the long term. I'm always learning, always trying to apply what I've learned. Perhaps one day I won't worry about SAT 'cause I'll be receiving the Director's sample package :)

My show tonight hasn't even qualified! She's just over $100. She had three guests and only one placed an order but she had some outside orders. But, all three guests booked. One for July and one for September and one is possibly going to book in August but wants to see the special first (I couldn't remember which knives...). I did send out an email, with my contact list, I could only get two sets out before I left for my show so I'm determined to stay up until they are all sent out!

susanr613 said:
This is my first SAT. I was all stoked to get to 6k...booked 8 shows plus a catty, offered additional free product if the show hit certain levels...and of course just hit 3k. One show canceled, one switched to catty, booked catty never went anywhere, show average is way down.

Maybe I'm overthinking....I figure that PC does the SAT bec June is a tough month, being the start of summer. So, having SAT motivates us to book heavy and host coach a lot. Coming into NC with free products and nice commissions doesnt hurt either.

What I've learned is to treat every month like SAT - when I close my remaining shows Monday, I will have hit my monthly sales goal (4k) for only the second time since I started the biz (November 07). Commissions will come in handy to pay for NC. My August is already pretty full, and I can enjoy NC and return ready to kick into high gear.

I'm in this biz for the long term. I'm always learning, always trying to apply what I've learned. Perhaps one day I won't worry about SAT 'cause I'll be receiving the Director's sample package :)

I love that you "overthink" things.
Here is what I have learned over the years...
PC is very deliberate in the things they plan for us and the timing of those things. PC is a company that WANTS us to succeed. They do SAT in June to give us a big boost to get us through the summe (which can potentially be a slow time unless you make sure in June to get bookings for July, etc)

If you treat every month like SAT, you will always have a strong and consistent schedule...you WILL succeed long term in this business, and your son will have one helluva Bar Mitzvah with ALL the bells and whistles and YOU won't have bills out the wazoo from it 'cause your PC $ will have paid for it all!

Once you are a director, you will stil be excited by SAT because then you have the opportunity to earn TWO of everything...which means you'll have one for your kit and one to dangle in front of your team as an incentive ti motivate them to work!!

See? PC loves us and wants nothing more than for every single consultant to be happy and successful in this business!
THANK YOU DORIS, MARLA & JEAN!

dannyzmom said:
I love that you "overthink" things.
Here is what I have learned over the years...
PC is very deliberate in the things they plan for us and the timing of those things. PC is a company that WANTS us to succeed. They do SAT in June to give us a big boost to get us through the summe (which can potentially be a slow time unless you make sure in June to get bookings for July, etc)

If you treat every month like SAT, you will always have a strong and consistent schedule...you WILL succeed long term in this business, and your son will have one helluva Bar Mitzvah with ALL the bells and whistles and YOU won't have bills out the wazoo from it 'cause your PC $ will have paid for it all!

Once you are a director, you will stil be excited by SAT because then you have the opportunity to earn TWO of everything...which means you'll have one for your kit and one to dangle in front of your team as an incentive ti motivate them to work!!

See? PC loves us and wants nothing more than for every single consultant to be happy and successful in this business!
THANK YOU DORIS, MARLA & JEAN!

I totally agree with this post. I also think that they do SAT and other promotions when they do to give us the extra incentive to get those calls made and get out there in months that we might otherwise think that it'll be hard so why try.

Pick lofty goals and work toward them. If you don't achieve the sun at least you'll have the moon!

I loved the "stress-a-thon" post, made me laugh!

Good post Carolyn---I totally agree!

Hang in there wadesgirl....you got today & tomorrow...I'm stressing right there with you though!

Well, no luck so far. I'm about $200 away from $3000. I was willing to spend some money out of pocket but not that much. Hopefully I will have some l luck tomorrow!

WELL I USUALLY TRY TO REACH THE 6000.00 LEVEL EVERY JUNE ,THIS YEAR i HAD A FEW CANCELS AND CHANGED TO JULY . BUT MY SHOW ON SATURDAY WAS A 1900.00 SHOW BOY WAS I HAPPY .
IF I COULD ONLY DO THAT MORE OFTEN .4000.00 MONTH GUESS I;LL HAVE TO SPEND A BIT TOO ON FALL PRODUCTS

I am officially $155 short. Guess I will be buying products as well. I have run out of people to call and email.

Well, my Saturday girl knows we have to close tomorrow. She has 1 or 2 more people to follow up with.
That makes it to $3000 plus some to spare!
Thank goodness. More than sell-a-thon, I was worried about my paycheck.
I need a certain dollar amount each month to make this work and since I had 4 shows cancel in 48 hours on the 20th of June I was so sweating it!
Not totally hitting the mark, but close enough :)

(psst...it is a really good thing I promoted :) )

krzymomof4 said:
I am officially $155 short. Guess I will be buying products as well. I have run out of people to call and email.

Don't give up yet, Leslie! You've still got 24 hours!

Ok now I am on pins and needles, I am sitting on $5,574.24 in sales!!!! Of my 14 shows only 8 are closed. m The rest are closing with me tomorrow, BUT one of the shows is tomorrow night. She knows I am closing it right away. I should hit the $6,000 but I hate cutting it this close. I know I am going to be up until 1 am turning them all in. ( i have an extra hour because ho is one our behind me) It will be late but I will be so happy if I hit $6000.

cincychef said:
Ok now I am on pins and needles, I am sitting on $5,574.24 in sales!!!! Of my 14 shows only 8 are closed. m The rest are closing with me tomorrow, BUT one of the shows is tomorrow night. She knows I am closing it right away. I should hit the $6,000 but I hate cutting it this close. I know I am going to be up until 1 am turning them all in. ( i have an extra hour because ho is one our behind me) It will be late but I will be so happy if I hit $6000.

Congrats! That is awesome! You WILL make it!!

I had a goal of $6000 but because of many rescheduled shows I am no where near that.

Right now I have $2600+ submitted and 2 shows almost ready to send in. Waiting for money from a $250 catalog show - should arrive in the mail today - and will close yesterday's $600 cooking show this noon. Hopefully both will happen today - at least the cooking show. <crossing fingers>

krzymomof4 said:
I am officially $155 short. Guess I will be buying products as well.

Ann posted on another thread that last year's $1500 prize was around $85 in product. Hearing that tooks a LOAD of stress off of me. It's not going to be the end of the world if I don't make it, and I'm not going to spend a bunch of extra money to hit it. Better to just enjoy the higher commission rate I'm earning because I came close and save my money for when I can buy the new products at 20% off. (And some probably more than that because they'll be on the sample order, right?)

I do hope I hit it, but I've already wasted too much time stressing over less than $100 in product.

I am so stressed ... I have a second show that MUST be submitted today. The host keeps saying her brother will order. Well, in the mean time, my hard drive crashed, I had to install P3 on my roomate's computer, and oh yeah, I'm due at work from 5 to midnight. If the order is not submitted by noon, I'll have to send it in. It's not like their order will make or break my friend at the next level!

IAmChefJ said:
Ann posted on another thread that last year's $1500 prize was around $85 in product. Hearing that tooks a LOAD of stress off of me. It's not going to be the end of the world if I don't make it, and I'm not going to spend a bunch of extra money to hit it. Better to just enjoy the higher commission rate I'm earning because I came close and save my money for when I can buy the new products at 20% off. (And some probably more than that because they'll be on the sample order, right?)

I do hope I hit it, but I've already wasted too much time stressing over less than $100 in product.

For me it's more of a goal to hit! I'm aiming for $3000 which is more products and free products are free products right?

I just hit $3074.00, thasnks to my brother's catalog show. I am glad I hit that elvel- the last sell-a-thon, I only hit the $1500, and was bummed.

No orders as of last night, hopefully maybe some today :(

I'm currently at $2200 in sales submitted, submitting one tonight that is at $450. So that's $2650. Then my other show hasn't even qualified but hopefully will hit at least $150. That's only $2800. Yuck!

IAmChefJ said:

All new products are available to us (for a limited time) at 50% off. They bundle most in sets so there may be some you really want in with some you don't care about so look at your bottom dollar to decide.

I agree, don't spend money just to get something free - unless it's very close.

I'll be cutting it close for the first level. I submitted 2 shows, that is good, but I have had so many reschedule this month. That was frustrating. I am waiting to close 2 more today, so it will be close. We'll see!

OMG...I am $75 away from $1500! I thought I totally had when I looked last night at my sales report on P3 but then I realized one of the shows is not closing until after the 1st! My BFF in VA Beach punked on a catty show (no biggie really) but has 2 nieghbors who want to order. With any luck they will be the $75 I need!

It has been a LONG time since I hit a SAT.....it WILL be so sweet to hit it again!

BethCooks4U said:
Try calling too. :p

he he he ;) That might work... lol! I've been doing that & I've got an order from my mom on reserve. In other words... if I get within $80, she's got an order together for me.

erinyourpclady said:
OMG...I am $75 away from $1500! I thought I totally had when I looked last night at my sales report on P3 but then I realized one of the shows is not closing until after the 1st! My BFF in VA Beach punked on a catty show (no biggie really) but has 2 nieghbors who want to order. With any luck they will be the $75 I need!

It has been a LONG time since I hit a SAT.....it WILL be so sweet to hit it again!

Erin, you are getting close to where I would consider buying a gift to hit it. The value is sure to be at least $75. If you needed to purchase something at $75 it would be about the same as buying the items at 50% off (KWIM?). And it helps your sales total for lifetime, trip points... So it's a win, win for you.

For newbies: If you ever buy something yourself to get to a level for an incentive ALWAYS buy in the person you are gifting the items for (I do my holiday shopping all year long - depending on if I need to that is). If you purchase something in your name it is not commissionable and will not count toward the incentive.

BethCooks4U said:
Erin, you are getting close to where I would consider buying a gift to hit it. The value is sure to be at least $75. If you needed to purchase something at $75 it would be about the same as buying the items at 50% off (KWIM?). And it helps your sales total for lifetime, trip points... So it's a win, win for you.

For newbies: If you ever buy something yourself to get to a level for an incentive ALWAYS buy in the person you are gifting the items for (I do my holiday shopping all year long - depending on if I need to that is). If you purchase something in your name it is not commissionable and will not count toward the incentive.

If it comes to that then I will buy but I am hoping for these orders :cool:

I made my goal finally. I am at $3,695 in sales submitted. My goal was 3k so I am excited. I still have 3 catalog shows to close but am in no hurry because I know they all are around $400 and will still keep me shy of the 6K level. I have one last minute catty show who was willing to try to get the orders in for June, but we decided to make it a July show all together.
I am pretty happy with what I did and now I have some sales for July (Taking the month off).

I made my goal finally. I am at $3,695 in sales submitted. My goal was 3k so I am excited. I still have 3 catalog shows to close but am in no hurry because I know they all are around $400 and will still keep me shy of the 6K level. I have one last minute catty show who was willing to try to get the orders in for June, but we decided to make it a July show all together.
I am pretty happy with what I did and now I have some sales for July (Taking the month off).

Right now I am sitting at 3300 but 3 of those shows havent closesd yet. They know I need to close it today so they are coming over to my house to close. I also have a catty show and she said she has about 300 in orders. I was also aiming fo 6k and if 3 of my shows did not cancel then I would have done it.

All of my hosts (well those that didn't bail earlier in the month) came through for me and I am at $3450+ in sales for June! :sing:

My DH has been cheering me along and his comment was "so did you get $6000?" That was my original goal too but I can't control other people. He also wondered if I had enough for the cruise* yet. Seriously, he is happy for me. He loves free PC!

*I know we are not doing a cruise this year but he wants me to take the gift certificate and take him on a cruise. lol

Well, I just got home, no sales from my email. My aunt did say that if I needed some help she would be willing to purchase something but I don't think she would purchases $200!

I was about $400+ shy of making the 3K goal last night (I too had several shows cancel and then some that were only like $250 or so), so I sent out an email asking for 10 people to order $40 and if they did, I'd give them a free item (mix 'n chop or equiv.). So far, I've received 5 orders and all have been almost $50!!! So, I'm pretty close to my goal. I've got 1 show left to close and I'm very confident that her outside orders will put me over the top!! I love it when others help you out!!! :D

I just have to toot my horn and say LOOK WHO IS #24 on the Sell-a-Thon list today!!!

dannyzmom said:
I just have to toot my horn and say LOOK WHO IS #24 on the Sell-a-Thon list today!!!

Darn, just darn Carolyn! I have been watching you climb on the list.

WAHOO FOR YOU!!!

It looks like it is working out for some of us!

I closed around $3800 for the month of June - my last host did a catalogue show and closed at over $600!

WAY TO GO EVERYONE - I am SUPER excited about receiving my SAT products!

I am better with it today. No sales, but a better resolve. My commission will be higher than normal and I will be able to spend that at conference. Also, I will get to see the new products and pick and choose what I would like to have and then make a plan to use my commission checks on them:D

<h2>1. How can I maximize sales to hit the $3000 Sell-A-Thon threshold?</h2><p>To hit the $3000 Sell-A-Thon (SAT) threshold, it is important to focus on booking more parties and increasing your average party sales. Offer incentives for hosts to book parties and encourage guests to bring friends. Also, make sure to highlight the host rewards program and any current promotions to entice guests to purchase more.</p><h2>2. What are some tips for hitting the $3000 SAT level?</h2><p>Some tips for hitting the $3000 SAT level include setting a goal and creating a plan to reach it, following up with potential customers to close sales, and focusing on selling higher-priced items or bundles. Additionally, make sure to promote your business through social media and word of mouth to attract new customers.</p><h2>3. What are some strategies for closing sales before the end of a SAT month?</h2><p>If you have a customer who is close to hitting the $3000 SAT level, make sure to follow up with them regularly to see if they need any assistance with their order. You can also offer a limited-time promotion or discount to encourage them to make a purchase before the end of the month. Additionally, consider reaching out to past customers to see if they are interested in placing another order.</p><h2>4. How can I increase my chances of hitting the $3000 SAT level with a last-minute order?</h2><p>If you have a last-minute order that can potentially push you over the $3000 SAT threshold, make sure to follow up with the customer and offer any assistance they may need in placing their order. You can also offer to deliver the order in person to ensure it is received in time. Additionally, consider offering a small discount or incentive to encourage the customer to place their order as soon as possible.</p><h2>5. What are some ways to encourage customers to spend more at a party?</h2><p>To encourage customers to spend more at a party, offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items. You can also create a sense of urgency by offering limited-time promotions or highlighting the benefits of purchasing higher-priced items. Additionally, make sure to provide exceptional customer service and showcase the quality and versatility of the products to entice customers to make larger purchases.</p>

1. How can I maximize sales to hit the $3000 Sell-A-Thon threshold?

To hit the $3000 Sell-A-Thon (SAT) threshold, it is important to focus on booking more parties and increasing your average party sales. Offer incentives for hosts to book parties and encourage guests to bring friends. Also, make sure to highlight the host rewards program and any current promotions to entice guests to purchase more.

2. What are some tips for hitting the $3000 SAT level?

Some tips for hitting the $3000 SAT level include setting a goal and creating a plan to reach it, following up with potential customers to close sales, and focusing on selling higher-priced items or bundles. Additionally, make sure to promote your business through social media and word of mouth to attract new customers.

3. What are some strategies for closing sales before the end of a SAT month?

If you have a customer who is close to hitting the $3000 SAT level, make sure to follow up with them regularly to see if they need any assistance with their order. You can also offer a limited-time promotion or discount to encourage them to make a purchase before the end of the month. Additionally, consider reaching out to past customers to see if they are interested in placing another order.

4. How can I increase my chances of hitting the $3000 SAT level with a last-minute order?

If you have a last-minute order that can potentially push you over the $3000 SAT threshold, make sure to follow up with the customer and offer any assistance they may need in placing their order. You can also offer to deliver the order in person to ensure it is received in time. Additionally, consider offering a small discount or incentive to encourage the customer to place their order as soon as possible.

5. What are some ways to encourage customers to spend more at a party?

To encourage customers to spend more at a party, offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items. You can also create a sense of urgency by offering limited-time promotions or highlighting the benefits of purchasing higher-priced items. Additionally, make sure to provide exceptional customer service and showcase the quality and versatility of the products to entice customers to make larger purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • wadesgirl