• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

July and August Booking Goals - Tips for Filling Your Calendar

In summary, Kathy Gress from The Pampered Chef offered a 24 hour challenge in which the participant can win a $100 shopping spree if they book a show in that time frame. She was inspired to do this because of a networking event she attended and wanted to help out her friend. Kathy was happy to book a show for the participant and asked some questions about the show.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so I want to have my July and August calendar booked by the end of this month! I know I can contact past hostesses, do some customer care calls and contact interested people who haven't set a date yet.

Besides that, does anyone have any innovative ways of getting bookings outside of shows?

I really wanna make this happen! I know I can...I've never had a full calendar before, and I figure if I can fill those two months, then it should be easier to keep up the pace! That's my hope, anyway!! ;)

The way I get bookings that do not come from shows is by "word of mouth". I must have a lot of chatty customers because they have been telling their co-workers and friends about my shows. I basically leave it in God's hands and He hasn't let me down.

Okay, so I signed up for a call that Julie Weitz was having for PC consultants. Didn't attend (will get the recording, though), but there was some additional info that was posted on her site from the call. I checked on it and saw this....a great idea that I hadn't even thought about! Thought I would share -

Need Bookings Right Now? Take the 24 Hour Challenge!

Several of our clients have done this challenge over the past few months with amazing results! It's actually quite simple. I encourage you to use the language shared below and give yourself the 24 hour challenge!

This is a letter from Kathy Gress, one of our clients, explaining how it works:

"On Friday, I got a voicemail from a friend of mine who works for a different party plan company. She had been to visit a networking group that I belong to. The message went something like this,

"Hi this is ______ from (her company). I was calling to see if you would be interested in being one of my preferred hosts. I have a challenge to book 24 shows in 24 hours. I'm booking dates between now and ____. For booking your show with me in this 24 hours you'll be entered to win a $100 shopping spree with (her company). We have a new book for you and your friends to shop from. Our host bonuses in the next months are awesome! Please give me a call back at to be one of these preferred hosts. My challenge ends at ____ on _____ night. Thank you!"

So, I called her back. I've been toying with having a party for months now. Would I have called her to book? Nope. It was one of those somedays, maybe, if I get around to scheduling it things. What inspired me to call her? First and foremost to help her out, I wanted to be a part of HER WIN! I wanted to be on that winning team- it was exciting to think that I could help her forward that goal. Yeah, being entered in the $100 was nice but I don't normally win things so I didn't think that would happen.
So, I called her and booked my show. Then I asked her some questions. Who gave you the challenge? She told me SHE GAVE HERSELF THE CHALLENGE. How neat! She told me why... and she inspired me. I was absolutely enrolled in her goals.

I encourage you to set a goal for yourself like this. It's an outrageous, HUGE goal. That was also what had me call. If she had said, "I was challenged to book two shows in 24 hours." I would have thought "let someone else do it." Imagine if you did this for your business? For some of you, it would fill your calendars to the end of the year! For others, it would be half of what you want to do. Either way, wouldn't it be cool to spend 24 hours doing this goal and then having your calendar booked!"

- Kathy Gress, The Pampered Chef

I will definitely put this into action!

Let everyone know your goal when you do talk to them! Ask for referrals if they say no. I give 10% off to the customer if a referral books a show (at the show of course).

I agree with Wadesgirl - I would promote your Referral System - word of mouth is the BEST advertising - especially in a small town/province

The 24 in 24 challenge has worked well for me in the past (although I only offered $75).

You could send out an email as well - but then follow up with a CCC to PERSONALLY invite them to have a Show - and tell them about the COOL THeme Shows for summer. Tell them to use your PWS to get TONS of additional orders! (if they are concerned the summer IS NOT a good time to Host)

MF are you doing the Bridal show thing that we emailed about?? I signed up for the one here, but it's not til Oct.When is the one in the Island?Can you do some sort of thing in conjunction with Old Home Week or that massive yard sale that goes for miles (have they already done that?) How about offering one of the campgrounds a fundraiser. Put up some flyers at the campground & do a show there, with the monies going to the campground.Too humid here to think any more.

I have heard the 24 hour booking blitz story before and have not got around to doing it. I've had a hard enough time getting to my CCC and trade show follow-up. lol Has anyone done it and had success?

peichef said:
MF are you doing the Bridal show thing that we emailed about?? I signed up for the one here, but it's not til Oct.

When is the one in the Island?

Can you do some sort of thing in conjunction with Old Home Week or that massive yard sale that goes for miles (have they already done that?)

How about offering one of the campgrounds a fundraiser. Put up some flyers at the campground & do a show there, with the monies going to the campground.

Too humid here to think any more.

Yes, I did sign up for the bridal fair. It's October 5. Figured it was well worth the $250. Didn't get the invoice yet either, so it's giving me sometime to save up! ;)

I can't grow my business if I don't get out there, so I figure it's a good one.

Good idea about OHW and the 70-mile yard sale! OHW starts the weekend of Conference, and I'll be so pumped when I get back that I'll have plenty of opportunities for networking, 'cause DD and I pretty much live there for the week!! LOL

I have been cleaning up all my show receipts (what a mess!! :eek:) and found some names of people who are interested in a show.

And, I am very embarrassed to admit that I also found a stack of prize draw slips from a flea market I did about a year ago....never called anyone! :eek::eek::eek: Think it's too late to call some of these people?

CALL them it is never to late.... Give a late gift.. Free show or seasons best with any booking or order...

Marie-France, the 24 in 24 sounds like an awesome idea. I was listening to a CD my D gave me from a past conference about host coaching, and the presenter mentioned a service that will automatically call guests for you with a reminder call about an upcoming show. I think they said it was Host Calling, but I when I tried to find the website, nothing came up. I tried to Google it, too, with no luck. Does anyone know of a service like this? I think it would be perfect for the 24 in 24.

Sarah

What an awesome idea, Sarah! Sounds very cool!

Okay, so my 24 in 24 didn't turn out so well.... :( I'm a little bummed out about it, but I guess it's just the way it is!

Now, I am preparing my newsletter for July and was thinking of offering an extra gift for my July and August hosts. I did see posts on what others are offering, but can't remember where I saw it. Extra product of their choice? Extra gift valued at around $12 or $15? :confused:

I am also implementing a new "rule" for myself that I heard a while back on Belinda Ellsworth CDs. At each show, I must have 3 new shows booked. If I don't get them that night, I must get on the phone and get them by my next show. Does anyone do this? Do you find it effective? If I could only get a couple of months fully booked, then I think I'll be able to develop better consistency with my business....at least that's what I'm hoping! :rolleyes:

Okay, so this is what I think I'll do for my extra gift for July and August hosts - free Grill It Quick recipe book. Should I include a free spice too?? I'm all about giving....maybe a little too much!! :p

wadesgirl said:
Let everyone know your goal when you do talk to them! Ask for referrals if they say no. I give 10% off to the customer if a referral books a show (at the show of course).

Wow great idea. I am preparing an email to send to people to try to jumpstart my business and get at least 2 more shows in the upcoming weeks. I think I will include something saying if they don't think they are able to hold a show, I will give a free gift to them if they refer someone who holds a show. :love:

What are the benefits of setting goals for July and August?

Setting goals for July and August can help you stay focused and motivated during the summer months. It can also help you track your progress and achieve your desired outcomes more efficiently.

How do I come up with achievable goals for July and August?

Start by identifying your priorities and what you want to accomplish during these months. Then, break down your goals into smaller, specific, and measurable tasks. This will make them more attainable and easier to track.

Can I set different goals for July and August or should they be related?

You can set different goals for each month or have overarching goals that span across both months. It's important to choose goals that align with your overall objectives, but they don't necessarily have to be directly related to each other.

How often should I review and adjust my goals during July and August?

It's recommended to review your goals weekly or bi-weekly to track your progress and make any necessary adjustments. This will help you stay on track and make sure your goals are still relevant and achievable.

What tips do you have for staying motivated and accountable for my July and August goals?

One tip is to share your goals with a friend or family member who can hold you accountable. Setting specific deadlines and rewarding yourself for achieving milestones can also help keep you motivated. Additionally, regularly reviewing your progress and celebrating your successes can help you stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • soccermama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies