• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Pizza Stone Perfectly Seasoned? Tips and Tricks for Optimal Results!

In summary, Katie says that her stones will season differently, depending on how you use them. She also says that she is proud of her perfectly seasoned stones.
itsjustCarla
...when you come to the realization that your stones are PERFECTLY SEASONED and you didn't even realize it??

I haven't had mine long, but use them frequently. I got two of them out the other day and ding! ding! ding! and I'm like...wow!

I know, I know.....sounds kinda geeky....LOL

You're a true PC-addict when you get all geeked about black stones and the like! Congrats!!

I love watching my stones season. I have a small round stone that was only used in the microwave that I started using in the oven because it looked so lonely against all my seasoned stones. I also have a new bar pan that I've been trying to use like crazy to get it nice and seasoned. Just wish I could use my fluted pan more so that it will season up.

Katie, I agree with seeing some of my customers with black stones. You cannot even tell what they really are until you look at them. If I know that the host has one, I'll ask if I can hold it up when I talk about the stoneware. That's a stone to be really proud of!

Quick question - my large round stone (that came in kit 5 yrs ago) is not seasoning evenly. Is that normal? I didn't own PC prior to signing. It is brown on outside edge & directly in the center but has a lighter ring around middle. Also, med. bar pan is seasoning around edges but not at all on the bottom. I have used the shortening/salt method but it didn't do much. Any tips/suggestions? I still love them! They are super!

Stoneware will season differently. If you are used to cooking pizzas or rings on the round stone, it won't season where the food covers it. That's what it sounds like. The bar pan could be from making bars or cakes in it. On my medium bar pan you can tell where we normally place two chicken breasts to cook, there's round circles (breaded and stuffed chicken breasts) right in the center of the stone.

wadesgirl said:
I love watching my stones season. I have a small round stone that was only used in the microwave that I started using in the oven because it looked so lonely against all my seasoned stones. I also have a new bar pan that I've been trying to use like crazy to get it nice and seasoned. Just wish I could use my fluted pan more so that it will season up.

Katie, I agree with seeing some of my customers with black stones. You cannot even tell what they really are until you look at them. If I know that the host has one, I'll ask if I can hold it up when I talk about the stoneware. That's a stone to be really proud of!

I do the same thing - I make a big deal out of it, and tell the guests that Suzie Host has a well-loved stone.

It's okay Carla - I am very proud of my perfectly seasoned stones too!

wadesgirl said:
Stoneware will season differently. If you are used to cooking pizzas or rings on the round stone, it won't season where the food covers it. That's what it sounds like. The bar pan could be from making bars or cakes in it. On my medium bar pan you can tell where we normally place two chicken breasts to cook, there's round circles (breaded and stuffed chicken breasts) right in the center of the stone.

Is there a way to season it completely? My neighbor's is completely black & she has only had hers for about 3 years. Mine is 5 years old.

stacywhitlow said:
Is there a way to season it completely? My neighbor's is completely black & she has only had hers for about 3 years. Mine is 5 years old.

I guess it is how you use it...my rectangular stone is about 10-12 years old and it is FINALLY just getting seasoned well...of course I didn't use it much for about 5-7 years of that time! :eek:

I bought stones in the beginning but didn't cook much and wasn't "taught" about the usage so it took me awhile. Now I have "brand new" stones getting seasoned as much as my older stones...

Also, I've broken a few over the years. :( Like my large round one...and my mini baker...and my first bar pan... :cry:

My most seasoned are:
1. rectangular stone
2. older classic 9x13 baker (my lasagna stone I call it...)
3. my old classic DDB (the bowl/lid doesn't look like a match anymore!)
4. My lid for the classic 9x13 because I've used it for lasagna and roasts and other things...
5. And now my bar pan and DCB are catching up!!!!!!!!!!!

stacywhitlow said:

Most people who have "black" stones are leaving them in the oven even when it's not in use. That's not recommended. I mean you can store it in there, but take it out when you are baking and not using it. That is typically how they turn black.

A true well seasoned stone should be a really dark brown, no matter how long you use it. It shouldn't actually turn black.

Related to Is Your Pizza Stone Perfectly Seasoned? Tips and Tricks for Optimal Results!

What is "Dontcha Just Love It......"?

"Dontcha Just Love It......" is a popular product line from Pampered Chef that includes a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets designed to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

What types of products are included in the "Dontcha Just Love It......" line?

The line includes a wide range of products, such as measuring cups and spoons, spatulas, baking sheets, mixing bowls, and more. Each product is carefully designed and tested to ensure high quality and functionality.

Are the products in the "Dontcha Just Love It......" line dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in this line are dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning. However, we always recommend checking the product's care instructions before washing to ensure the best results.

Can I purchase "Dontcha Just Love It......" products in a set?

Yes, many of the products in this line are available in sets, making it easy to stock your kitchen with all the essential tools you need. Sets also make great gifts for any cooking enthusiast!

What makes the "Dontcha Just Love It......" line different from other kitchen tools and gadgets?

Our "Dontcha Just Love It......" products are carefully designed with the home cook in mind. We strive to create tools that are not only functional, but also fun and easy to use. Plus, our products are backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so you can purchase with confidence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• freetofly06
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies