• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm New to This Board and Want to Thank Stephanie for Showing Me This

In summary, Stephanie has been teaching me about the board and how to be a better baker. I have learned a lot about cooking and baking, and I am excited to start using these new skills.
mapiklfish
Silver Member
I'm new to this board and want to thank Stephanie for showing me this board and sponsoring me in. I have learned so much in the past couple of days from reading all the posts on here that I can't wait til my next show. Great ideas on here!

I have been trying as many as I can so I can tell my customers personally that they work. I made the lava cake in the rice cooker last night, putting the frosting in first, and it came out just like everyone said. The cat tried to eat it today so I had to hide it. I had no idea you could do bacon or pancakes on the stone. I would have never thought of that, so I had to try that out too. I put the remainder of the bacon I had in the fridge on the stone (9 pieces, fit perfectly) and put it in the oven at around 400 for around 25 min (I like it crispy) and it came out perfect. Cleanup was a breeze and now I don't mind so much making bacon. I always hated the mess in the microwave after cooking bacon. I put all the cooked bacon in the fridge so all we have to is take it out, microwave it for a minute to heat it up and it's ready to go.

I tried the pancakes on the stone but had forgotten to grease or oil the stone first and I think I let them go just a tad too long so they were a little crispy but still tasted good. They were a little hard to get off the stone without ruining them since I forgot to grease it but mini spatula to the rescue and they all came off none the worse for wear. I was wondering about making one big pancake the whole size of the stone. Does it cook all the way through and do you cook it at the same temp and time? I did mine at 350 for about 20 - 25 min. I was able to make a whole batch of pancakes, used my large bar pan and my little bar pan so now even though I don't get up with hubby in the morning for breakfast, he can have a good breakfast. I just leave them in the fridge and he heats them up in the AM. I was also thinking about making everything at once. I'm all about convenience and easy cleanup. I am one of those that hate cooking and won't bake unless I have no choice. I have a bad back and standing at the counter chopping and putting recipes together kills my back. By the time I'm done with a big family meal like Thanksgiving or Christmas my back is killing me and there's no way to avoid it so easy and fast are my goals in the kitchen. I was thinking maybe I could do the bacon on the bar pan and the pancakes on the large round stone a rack above the bacon. However they are usually cooked at different temps. What do you think? Would you lower the temp for the pancakes or leave it at 400 and figure the pancakes would just not take as long and would be ok because they are a rack above the bacon? That way I could do a whole package of bacon and a whole batch of pancakes at once.

I have to laugh. When my kids saw the mini bar pan they laughed at it and said "what are you going to do with that!?" First thing that came into my mind was leftovers and within a couple of days the kids were heating leftover burgers and such on it. Then we started using it for italian sausage in the oven. I sometimes make cookie dough ahead, flash freeze it into balls and pop 4 on the mini bar pan. Fresh cookies for dessert. They don't laugh at my mini bar pan anymore. I have also been trying another idea with it. My daughter likes pizza. She could live on pizza for all 3 meals every day I think. Anyway, we usually keep at least a couple of frozen pizzas around but she doesn't always want to eat when other people want to eat. My kids are teens now and we are often all going different directions these days. So my thought was to get a frozen pizza, cut it into fourths and then put the pieces into a freezer bag. Well, I didn't think frozen pizzas were that tough! My chef's knife doesn't touch it, the pizza cutter doesn't touch it. I finally got out my electric knife and that almost cut it. It cut it partway and then I kind of scored it so that I could break it. I finally got it into 4 pieces (not all of them even) put it in a bag and back in the freezer. She has used them all up on the mini bar pan. Perfect size portions for her! So it was a good idea but I need better execution of it. After reading the posts on the kitchen shears, I'm thinking they may just do the job. My other thought for her was to make a pizza dough (which I usually do in the bread machine) divide it into 2 or 3 (have to try it to see which works) and roll it out on the mini bar pan. Flash freeze the dough, roll out the next, etc and flash freeze them and put them in a freezer bag. Then when she wants pizza, she could just take out a crust, pop it into the mini bar pan, top it with whatever she wants and she's got a great homemade personal pizza.

I had to try the eggs in the microcooker this morning. Never would have thought that thing had so many uses!!! I like lots of stuff in my eggs, though so wasn't sure about cooking time and such. I put 3 eggs in, the 1/3 cup milk, 2 slices of cheese, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. I microwaved it for the 3 minutes, took it out and stirred it up. It wasn't quite done so did another 45 seconds I think and it was perfect. Heated up a couple of slices of bacon to go with it and my son and I had eggs for breakfast. He thought they were good (didn't tell him how I cooked them) but they needed bacon. I hadn't thought about that but could have easily chopped up some of my precooked bacon and thrown that in the pot as well. I never would have thought microwaved eggs could taste that good.

A couple of questions. My daughter doesn't like the idea of microwaving food because of the "microwaves getting into the food". Has anyone else had this objection and do you know what the truth of it is? I read about how our products are safe to use in the microwave and don't leach toxins into the food but I think her objection is the actual microwaves (radiation maybe?) getting into the food.

Also, I need a good way to fill the EAD. I always make a mess when filling that thing with cool whip. How does everyone fill their EAD without making a mess. I was thinking that would also be great for sour cream on tacos and love the idea of the fudge and decorative butter.

Linda

I haven't tried the pancakes on the bar pan yet, so not sure about the time and temp. I would think if you were making them on the round stone that you would have to put parchment paper on first to make sure nothing runs off, but I could be wrong about that. I guess it depends on how thick they are.

Does your daughter like those little small pizzas that are only $1? If so, the small round stone is perfect for that! She can cut it and eat it right off the stone.

You can use the medium scoop to fill the Easy Accent Decorator. It works great!!

I love bacon on the bar pan, too. I use the skinny scraper to fill the EAD and still make a little mess because I hurry. I'm only in my 4th month with PC, but it's great! I had my 9th show last night and got 3 bookings and 1 potential recruit. Just have fun with it and good luck!

Jeanie

jenniferlynne said:
I haven't tried the pancakes on the bar pan yet, so not sure about the time and temp. I would think if you were making them on the round stone that you would have to put parchment paper on first to make sure nothing runs off, but I could be wrong about that. I guess it depends on how thick they are.

Does your daughter like those little small pizzas that are only $1? If so, the small round stone is perfect for that! She can cut it and eat it right off the stone.

You can use the medium scoop to fill the Easy Accent Decorator. It works great!!

Thanks. I don't have any of the scoops yet. I really want to get them. I've had extra animal expenses this month and my husband has been laid off. He found a temporary job but it doesn't pay a whole lot so we're "treading water" right now. I think I used a tablespoon last time but it was still pretty messy.

I also don't have the small round stone or parchment paper which is why I'm working with the mini bar pan. In fact, several of my customers have more PC than I do!

As far as the pancakes, when I ladled them out on the stone (I used a one oz. ladle) they spread a little and stopped, so I think if I am careful where I start them they'll stay on the stone. Obviously I can't do bacon on a flat stone or all the grease would run off. I'd like to only have the oven on as long as necessary, especially in the summer. So doing as much at once is my goal. I really do love the idea of putting everything on a stone in the oven and then leaving it. I can do other things while it's cooking and not have to babysit it and cleanup is so easy.

mapiklfish said:
Thanks. I don't have any of the scoops yet. I really want to get them. I've had extra animal expenses this month and my husband has been laid off. He found a temporary job but it doesn't pay a whole lot so we're "treading water" right now. I think I used a tablespoon last time but it was still pretty messy.

I also don't have the small round stone or parchment paper which is why I'm working with the mini bar pan. In fact, several of my customers have more PC than I do!

As far as the pancakes, when I ladled them out on the stone (I used a one oz. ladle) they spread a little and stopped, so I think if I am careful where I start them they'll stay on the stone. Obviously I can't do bacon on a flat stone or all the grease would run off. I'd like to only have the oven on as long as necessary, especially in the summer. So doing as much at once is my goal. I really do love the idea of putting everything on a stone in the oven and then leaving it. I can do other things while it's cooking and not have to babysit it and cleanup is so easy.

I cant remember where I saw it (probably in my notes somewhere near my puter) but to make the pancakes in the bar pan..you cook it like 1 big pancake. When they are done, it says to use a cookie cutter to make different shaped pancakes. I'll get back to you with all the info when I find it!;) ;)

On making pancakes in the bar pan....

I have a sheet called A Day in The Life of a Bar Pan and it has all different kinds of things you can do with the bar pan for a full day. Anyway, the pancakes. here are the instructions as follows:

Make your Pancake batter as you usually do. Pour your batter into the bar pan and bake for 350 for 15-20 minutes. You will have a huge pancake that you can then cut up into squares. You can even use the creative cutters to let your kids make their own shapes. If you want to be fancy, lay apple slices into the batter and you will have great Apple Pancakes.

I like to mix blueberries in my batter. The In-Laws go to Maine every year for vacation and bring us back gallons of blueberries that we freeze. They are so little and sweet. We just have the big ones here in Indiana. Anyway, I just put the blueberries, still frozen right into the mix.

Or sometimes I like to add Splenda (or sugar), cinnamon and vanilla. The kids love these. My husband likes to mash a banana up and mix in the batter. Would add pecans, but one of the kids won't eat them.

jenniferlynne said:
Or sometimes I like to add Splenda (or sugar), cinnamon and vanilla. The kids love these. My husband likes to mash a banana up and mix in the batter. Would add pecans, but one of the kids won't eat them.

I do have a recipe for cinnamon pancakes. I don't think it called for vanilla but that sounds good. So then if I was careful, I could possibly make a big round pancake on the large round stone. My batter was pretty thick as I used a different recipe this time. I'll have to do some experimenting. I think I need a second bar pan.

One of the things my son likes about PC is all my experimenting. Some comes out really good, some not so good but there's a lot more variety these days!!:D

I just made up the cinnamon, sugar, vanilla pancakes. They are goooooood.

mapiklfish said:
A couple of questions. My daughter doesn't like the idea of microwaving food because of the "microwaves getting into the food". Has anyone else had this objection and do you know what the truth of it is? I read about how our products are safe to use in the microwave and don't leach toxins into the food but I think her objection is the actual microwaves (radiation maybe?) getting into the food.

Linda

Ummm...everytime you cook something with some kind of radiant heat (oven, grill, microwave) those are radiant heat sources....radiation....waves that cook our food. When we use the cooktop, the cooware comes between those waves and moves them to where we want them, but they are still there.

If she is concerned with radiation, tell her not to go outside, use a cell phone, tv, radio, computer, mp3 player, network router...you get the picture? :D Have her do some research on it, but she might have to go to the library and look through actual books. Oh wait! She can't! She would have to go outside and then be bombarded by light waves! Teehee.

cmdtrgd said:
Ummm...everytime you cook something with some kind of radiant heat (oven, grill, microwave) those are radiant heat sources....radiation....waves that cook our food. When we use the cooktop, the cooware comes between those waves and moves them to where we want them, but they are still there.

If she is concerned with radiation, tell her not to go outside, use a cell phone, tv, radio, computer, mp3 player, network router...you get the picture? :D Have her do some research on it, but she might have to go to the library and look through actual books. Oh wait! She can't! She would have to go outside and then be bombarded by light waves! Teehee.

Not sure if I explained her concerns quite right but I have read things about the "dangers" of microwaves. I guess I"m not sure how they heat and I think that is the source of the various "scare" emails and such and probably what she's heard. I'll have to do some digging into it. Wouldn't surprise me if there was something on the subject at snopes.com. Personally, I haven't paid attention to these scare emails because I like my microwave too much and wouldn't stop using it anyway. :D

mapiklfish said:
Not sure if I explained her concerns quite right but I have read things about the "dangers" of microwaves. I guess I"m not sure how they heat and I think that is the source of the various "scare" emails and such and probably what she's heard. I'll have to do some digging into it. Wouldn't surprise me if there was something on the subject at snopes.com. Personally, I haven't paid attention to these scare emails because I like my microwave too much and wouldn't stop using it anyway. :D

I know our Govt. doesnt like to share lots of things with us:rolleyes: , but if it was REALLY harmful, dont you think they would let us know!!:eek:

1. How do I properly use the products from Pampered Chef?

Thank you for your question! Our products come with detailed instructions and tips on how to use them effectively. You can also refer to our website for video tutorials and recipes using our products.

2. What are the benefits of joining this community as a new member?

As a new member, you will have access to a supportive community of home cooks and Pampered Chef consultants who can provide tips, advice, and recipe ideas. You will also receive exclusive discounts and promotions on our products.

3. How can I connect with other members on this board?

You can connect with other members by joining our online forums, participating in discussions, and following our social media pages. You can also attend local cooking classes and events hosted by Pampered Chef consultants.

4. Can I share my own recipes and cooking tips on this board?

Absolutely! We encourage our members to share their favorite recipes and cooking tips with the community. You can post them on our forums or share them on social media using the hashtag #PamperedChef.

5. Are there any upcoming sales or promotions I should know about?

Yes, we often have sales and promotions throughout the year. Make sure to subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on the latest deals and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dotty
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies