• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fruit Pizza Troubleshooting: Tips for Using a Pizza Stone

In summary, the customer's cookie spilled over because she did not roll it out enough, and she should try using the mix that comes in a bag instead.
Bexs50
Again, I'm new with PC and though I love the stones I haven't been using them long. I have a customer who bought the medium pizza stone (her first stone). She tried making a fruit pizza on it but when she cooked the cookie she said it spilled all over her oven. I have never made this recipe before so am wondering...what could she be doing wrong? Is this normal for a cookie to spread so much it goes over the edge of the stone...granted this is a large cookie she is making, but anyway...any suggestions?? I don't want her to be turned off from the stoneware so I thought if I could solve her problem she might be more likely to keep trying! HELP!:eek:

Tell her to try the parchment paper

It is mention several times with other recipes that are similar

Bexs50 said:
Again, I'm new with PC and though I love the stones I haven't been using them long. I have a customer who bought the medium pizza stone (her first stone). She tried making a fruit pizza on it but when she cooked the cookie she said it spilled all over her oven. I have never made this recipe before so am wondering...what could she be doing wrong? Is this normal for a cookie to spread so much it goes over the edge of the stone...granted this is a large cookie she is making, but anyway...any suggestions?? I don't want her to be turned off from the stoneware so I thought if I could solve her problem she might be more likely to keep trying! HELP!:eek:

Tell her NOT to roll it out as much, because it will expand....(or tell her to get the large pizza stone;) ;) ;) ) I make these cookie pizzas ALL THE TIME & never had them spill over. The ones you make with the brownies you have to use parchment paper though.

I make my fruit pizzas on the large round stone; or the large bar pan. Like ginger said, she could not roll it out so much; it would make a thicker crust. Or maybe she should invest in another stone;)

Most of the recipes do call for the large stone. I always cut off about an inch of the dough if I am using the already prepared roll like Pilsbury. Maybe I rolled it too close to the edge but mine was dripping off, too.

Now, I always use the mix that comes in a bag (find it by the brownie mixes). All you do is add an egg and a stick of butter. It's cheaper, spreads better, I don't eat the left over part and I am not forgetting to bring the host's dough(or cash) home with me if I prebake it. She just gives me the mix and I immediately put it in my case for next time!

Related to Fruit Pizza Troubleshooting: Tips for Using a Pizza Stone

What is a fruit pizza?

A fruit pizza is a dessert made with a sugar cookie crust, creamy filling, and topped with various fresh fruits.

How do I make a fruit pizza?

To make a fruit pizza, you will need a pre-made sugar cookie dough or you can make your own. Roll out the dough and place it on a pizza pan. Bake the crust according to the package or recipe instructions. Once it is cooled, spread a layer of cream cheese or whipped topping on top. Then, arrange your desired fruits on top and drizzle with a glaze or honey.

What kind of fruits can I use for a fruit pizza?

You can use any fruits you like for a fruit pizza. Some popular choices are strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, and mandarin oranges. You can also use canned fruits like pineapple or peaches.

Can I make a fruit pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a fruit pizza ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble and decorate it with fruits right before serving to prevent the fruits from becoming too soggy.

How should I store a fruit pizza?

It is best to store a fruit pizza in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It can be stored for up to 2-3 days, but the crust may become slightly soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • donnathepamperedchef