• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is it just me?? Are catalogs becoming a burden for other consultants as well?

anything they need to order from me can be done on my website.I also make sure to remind everyone that I also offer personalized service, so if someone needs help or advice on a product, they can always come talk to me.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Is it just me or is everyone going thru an obscene amount of catalogs this season?
I am about to place yet ANOTHER order for yet ANOTHER 100 catalogs...that'll make THREE HUNDRED catalogs I have ordered this season!!!
This is CRAZY!
What do ya'll do to avoid running through catalogs like water?

I have ordered 500!

I am pretty loose with my catalogs. And this fall with all the recipes in them i think i've gone thru a ton also.

I'm right there with you.

I was just thinking I need to place another order.

I actually went through a lot more last season. I've since stopped letting everyone know they are free to take them....want to keep this biz on a budget. But if anyone asks, they can take.

I am also very loose with my catalogs....I consider it my most effective advertising for MY name and also for outside orders later.

That said, after 4 years of buying tons of catalogs, I now say the following when going over my guest pack at shows...note that I use a lapboard w/biz card holder as the main folder.

"Everything in this pack is yours to keep...I just need the folder and the pen back for sure. IF however, you are just going to take the stuff home and throw it away, please do leave it behind, because I can reuse the supplies. But...if you are like me and you LOVE to have catalogs to refer to, please don't hesitate to take the catalog and any other items, such as the recipe card, home with you tonight".

It is a mouthful but what it does is give them permission to both leave OR take the stuff.

I've been using this type of spiel for about a year and I have found my SHOW "take" of catalogs to have reduced by about 50% from previous levels. And since I do about 85 cooking shows a year, that is a big improvement!

Before I was always the consultant begging, borrowing, or stealing to get catlogs..now, I have had enough to reply to other consultant's desperate requests. Yes, I plan better but honestly, I feel the bigger difference is that I have less loss of catalogs at each show.

I invested in 12 1/2' binders and page protectors and inserted the catalogs into them...time consuming, but I use the excuse at my shows that everyone needs something to lean on when writing their order! I make sure everyone knows I have a few extra loose catalogs if someone wants to take it home. It has saved me $$$$$-if you guys that need catalogs want to get them from me, let me know!

I've gone thru alot of catalogs as well. Then when I got to thinking about it, I'm also doing ALOT more shows than in the past, so that also means alot more are out in host packs too. But I feel your pain, it seems like I'm always needing supplies here lately. Of course, if I cleaned up my "office" I might find some buried, but that's a whole 'nother topic!

I have as well, but I've also doubled my show schedule.

chefmeg said:
I invested in 12 1/2' binders and page protectors and inserted the catalogs into them...time consuming, but I use the excuse at my shows that everyone needs something to lean on when writing their order! I make sure everyone knows I have a few extra loose catalogs if someone wants to take it home. It has saved me $$$$$-if you guys that need catalogs want to get them from me, let me know!

How much would you say this has cost you?
And is it heavy to lug them all around? (I usually bring 20-25 catalogs w/order forms to shows)

the cost was about $30
they are heavy, but I have minimized the amount of products I take ( I was taking WAY too many things I never used or showed), so I am able to justify the extra bag!

happypcgal said:
"Everything in this pack is yours to keep...I just need the folder and the pen back for sure. IF however, you are just going to take the stuff home and throw it away, please do leave it behind, because I can reuse the supplies. But...if you are like me and you LOVE to have catalogs to refer to, please don't hesitate to take the catalog and any other items, such as the recipe card, home with you tonight".

It is a mouthful but what it does is give them permission to both leave OR take the stuff.

Love it, thanks!

I really emphasize my business card, and the receipt - that they should save my website in case they foget how to use a product (and want to remember how to use an old one) b/c they can access the PIGS there. Lots of oohs & ahs - but I do encourage them to take the catalog and put a tell them to save because they'll want to refer back when i let them know about monthly specials.

chefmeg said:

I invested in a full set of Merril lapboards (22 of them I believe) - and LOVE them. I always keep my copy in a binderwith page protectors... that DOES take alot of time! What do you carry them in & How many did you make up?

I have a set of lapboards in my garage collecting dust :( Too darn heavy for me to lug to all my shows.

its_me_susan said:
I invested in a full set of Merril lapboards (22 of them I believe) - and LOVE them. I always keep my copy in a binderwith page protectors... that DOES take alot of time! What do you carry them in & How many did you make up?

I carry them in a large bag I bought from Merrill at Leadership 2 years ago and I made up 24...I only carry 15 to shows unless the host has more than that coming.....

I am considering not using these now that I have made them up and taken them to my Oct, Nov and Dec shows...they are HEAVY! And I am finding that people like taking that catalog with them. Just not sure what to do....

Related to Is it just me?? Are catalogs becoming a burden for other consultants as well?

What is the purpose of the Pampered Chef catalog?

The Pampered Chef catalog showcases our high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products, allowing customers to browse and purchase items from the comfort of their own home.

How often are new catalogs released?

New catalogs are released twice a year, in the spring/summer and fall/winter seasons. However, we also have special catalogs for holidays and seasonal promotions.

Can I order from the catalog online?

Yes, you can order from the catalog online through our website. You can also place orders through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Are all products in the catalog available for purchase?

Most products in the catalog are available for purchase, but some may be discontinued or temporarily out of stock. If you have any questions about specific products, please contact a Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Do you offer any discounts or promotions in the catalog?

We often have special promotions and discounts featured in the catalog, such as sales on certain products or bundles. These offers are subject to change, so be sure to check the catalog regularly for the most up-to-date information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • ChefBeckyD