• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Irene Now Lee: Northeast Flooding and Texas Wildfires - Our Towns in Crisis

A
akaskydebil
Please all keep the Northeast in your prayers. We are going under water while Texas is burning down. The worst flooding was in 1972 with Hurricane Agnes and we are AT that level now. Literally homes and businesses are up to their roof's in water. I'm sure it will be on the national news. We have rec'd an entire season (3mo) of rain in 1 day. We
have no levee's along the river here...the town is becoming the river. (Major Susquehanna River runs thru the town)

I personally am not in harms way but literally 6 blocks away from me the top of the stop sign is just sticking out of the water. Feel free to "friend" me on Facebook (Melissa Bunnell or /chattychef2) to see some local pics. I'm 25miles from Wilkes Barre (major city) which is also is under evacuation.

HO did call us (Directors) to check on us and our downlines. THought that was very nice. Guess they need to call again. LOL

Did I mention its STILL raining???? 9" of rain so far right above me. What is north, must flow south.

Yet Texas is burning by the minute....

Wouldn't it be nice if they could come scoop up some of the flood waters & come dust Texas! It would benefit all of us! Or build pipe lines across the country to pump it this way.

Praying for you all as well as for my friends in TX. I agree Sheila....maybe some of that rain will head this way.

My thoughts are with you ladies and all of Texas too! Its truely unbelievable! They just announced this is now going to be worse than 1972...

I wish we could use the pipeline and send the water to ya'll :)

Dear Irene,My heart goes out to you and your community during this difficult time. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have seen firsthand the power of community and support during times of crisis. I am sending my thoughts and prayers to the Northeast as well as to Texas.Please know that you are not alone and that we are here to help in any way we can. It is heartwarming to hear that HO has reached out to check on you and your downlines. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you or anyone in your community needs assistance.I will definitely add you as a friend on Facebook to see the local pictures and stay updated on the situation. Please stay safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones.Sincerely,Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is the current situation in the Northeast due to Irene Now Lee?

The Northeast is currently experiencing severe flooding as a result of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. The worst flooding in the region has been since Hurricane Agnes in 1972, with water levels reaching the same height. Homes and businesses are submerged in water and the situation is being covered by national news outlets.

2. How does the current flooding compare to previous natural disasters in the Northeast?

The current flooding is being compared to the devastating effects of Hurricane Agnes in 1972. Many homes and businesses that were affected by Agnes are now experiencing similar levels of flooding.

3. What is the cause of the flooding in the Northeast?

The flooding is caused by a combination of heavy rainfall from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee and the absence of levees along the Susquehanna River. This has resulted in the river overflowing and causing widespread flooding in the surrounding towns.

4. What is the situation in Texas with regards to wildfires?

While the Northeast is facing severe flooding, Texas is currently battling wildfires that are spreading rapidly. The state has been experiencing extreme drought conditions, which has contributed to the high number of wildfires.

5. How are individuals and communities coping with the natural disasters in the Northeast and Texas?

Individuals and communities in the Northeast and Texas are facing challenging situations as they deal with the effects of the natural disasters. Evacuations have been issued in some areas and many are relying on the support of their communities and government agencies for assistance. Efforts are also being made to contain and control the wildfires in Texas.

Back