• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Email the New Preferred Method for Sending Invites?

In summary, hosts have been insisting on handling their own invitations lately, despite being offered the option of having them mailed or emailed by the consultant. The consultant requires a guest list to be filled out and returned within 5 days, and offers coaching tips to help create a diverse guest list. The consultant has found that mailing physical invitations has led to higher attendance and host benefits compared to only using email or word of mouth. The consultant does not give the host a choice in this matter and emphasizes the importance of sending physical invitations.
BlessedWifeMommy
I love to send invites, but I have found lately that the hosts I have recently insist on handling invites themselves. I've explained about being willing to mail mini catalogs and invites (etc.)...

What do you say/do to get a guest list?

Do you find people would rather not bother with physical mail (even if they don't have to send it) they would rather do email?

Do they want to do the mailing or do evites instead?

I do not say I am "willing" to do it for them. I say as a service to my hosts I prepare and send the invites for them. (it is not an option)

etteluap70PC said:
Do they want to do the mailing or do evites instead?

I do not say I am "willing" to do it for them. I say as a service to my hosts I prepare and send the invites for them. (it is not an option)

They insist on the emailing their invites. Some have done evites, and others just plain emails, I had one do invites from my site, but she had people who said they didn't get them (didn't like hearing that!).

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I love to send invites, but I have found lately that the hosts I have recently insist on handling invites themselves. I've explained about being willing to mail mini catalogs and invites (etc.)...

What do you say/do to get a guest list?

Do you find people would rather not bother with physical mail (even if they don't have to send it) they would rather do email?

I don't give them a choice. I just state, "Suzie, I will be mailing out the invitations for your party for you. Here's are a few forms - one is called "50-in-5" and it just acts as a memory jogger to help build a diverse guest list. Attached to that is the guest list form. Just jot down everyone's name, address and phone number. When it's filled out, feel free to make a copy of it to use to track your RSVP'S. If it's easier for you, I also have an address template in which I can email to you. All you have to do is type in all the addresses and email it back to me. Which do you prefer? No email? Great! Take this home and I'd like to call you tomorrow for a quick 3-5 minute chat so I can give you some coaching tips that really help when creating your guest list. Does afternoon or evening work for you for our call? Evening? Great...how about 8:45 pm? "......

That's pretty much my shpeal. I do require to have the completed guest list returned to me within 5 days to secure their date and time...even if they book 3 months out. I go over that info on the next day follow-up call.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
They insist on the emailing their invites. Some have done evites, and others just plain emails, I had one do invites from my site, but she had people who said they didn't get them (didn't like hearing that!).

I have encountered that as well. I basically tell them that I totally understand that we are all in the technical age and everything is so much easier to do online and what not...but I have found MANY people never receive the evite or completely forget about it since we are constantly bombarded with hundreds of emails on a daily basis. It's so easy to forget an email or accidentally delete it. I do tell the host that he/she is perfectly welcome to shoot out an email/evites as well and the invitations I mail out will be the physical reminder PLUS it's "insurance" that they will actually receive the invite. Plus, from experience (and I explain this) that since I have started exclusively sending out the invites for my hosts their success rate has SKYROCKETED in terms of attendance and host benefits. Plus, it makes it easier on the host b/c once the guest list is done...they sit back and relax and I take care of everything else. :)

I have been encountering this lately too, where people just want to email their invites or just do word of mouth at work, etc. I'm not dealing with this anymore- I'm going to do my best to get my hosts to understand that we need to mail invites and reminder calls need to be made.

I very rarely have people not take me up on the guest list but I just tell them it's another service I offer. They really don't have a choice!

My host for a show this month wants to do the same thing- she said she just hands them out or calls them. You'd think that I didn't even GIVE her invitations would have been a big clue, but apparently not. So I said, after telling her I'd gladly do them (I think she doesn't know many contacts details- she works with them, etc)....I said I'd drop some invites in the mail today so she'd have them tomorrow. I labeled/stamped them all with the info, etc. But as we were getting off the phone she says - "I just need about 10." Uh...hello? You'll not have a SHOW with just 10 invites. I sent her 30 and the 50-in-5 document, plus a handwritten note to encourage her to try to invite more. I said that about 1/3 of those you invite will actually make it to the show or order. We shall see. Not holding my breath too much on this one. her daughter's show wasn't too bad- and she only invited 12. She had 6 guests attend plus 2 outside orders.

People do not want to give out their friends addresses and phone numbers. Everyone gets tons of junk mail and unwanted calls from people. I don't give mine out unless they tell me its ok. When I used to do Home Interior parties my consultant would give me stamps and if I mailed the invites she gave me $15 in free merchandise. That is kinda what PC does for us anyway, but you might try giving her something free if she actually mails them out.

Liquid Sky - Do you happen to have the address template that you send to your hosts? If you wouldn't mind, can you send me a copy. I have had no luck finding anything like that and I don't even know what to put on it to make my own!

Renee2009 said:
Liquid Sky - Do you happen to have the address template that you send to your hosts? If you wouldn't mind, can you send me a copy. I have had no luck finding anything like that and I don't even know what to put on it to make my own!

Email me and I'll forward you the email w/ the label attachments that I give/use for each host. takebackthekitchen (at) hotmail (dot) com

Liquid Sky said:
Email me and I'll forward you the email w/ the label attachments that I give/use for each host. takebackthekitchen (at) hotmail (dot) com

Would it be ok for me to email you for it also?

Thanks either way.

Shawnna said:
When I used to do Home Interior parties my consultant would give me stamps and if I mailed the invites she gave me $15 in free merchandise. That is kinda what PC does for us anyway, but you might try giving her something free if she actually mails them out.

How would she know if you mailed them out? I mean if we did that with a customer.. for all we know they are using the stamps to mail their bills not their invites!

^Shawna not saying you were doing that :) LOL... just wondering how we would know...

Geekgirl69 said:
Would it be ok for me to email you for it also?

Thanks either way.

sure, no problem :)

I've run into this as well, but, I like the idea of not giving them a choice. Just say it's another service I offer. I will have to try that. There are many helpful lines to use in this thread! Thanks!

Leave out the service or whatnot. If she wants to, she wants to. Help the "want"..."Would you like to know what my top hosts do for raising the show average before anyone ever steps foot in the door?""Would you be interested if I could share with you something my over $800 show hosts do, regarding their guest list?"

Very wise, Scott.

1. Why do I need to send invites for my Pampered Chef parties?

Sending invites is important because it allows your guests to plan ahead and make time for your party. It also helps you keep track of how many people will be attending, so you can prepare enough food and supplies.

2. How do I create invitations for my Pampered Chef party?

You can create invitations using our online invitation tool or by using our printable invitations. Simply enter your party details and customize the design to your liking. Then, you can either send them digitally or print them out to hand out to your guests.

3. Can I send invites to people who live far away?

Yes, our online invitation tool allows you to send invites to anyone with an email address. You can also share the invitation link on social media to reach a wider audience.

4. Do I have to send physical invites or can I just invite people through social media?

While social media can be a great way to reach people, it's always a good idea to send physical invites as well. This ensures that your guests have all the necessary information and can easily RSVP.

5. How soon should I send out invites for my Pampered Chef party?

We recommend sending out invites at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This gives your guests enough time to plan and RSVP, and also allows you enough time to prepare for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • caraighan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies