• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Kill the Multi-Vendor Host Idea

Plus I asked her to give me a firm count of people bringing another adult (she didn't invite) because I need to bring gifts for them...she said "oh what a GREAT reason to call everyone again!"In summary, the conversation was about the host's upcoming party and her friend's request to sell purses at the party. The expert summarizer explained that it would not be fair to the guests and would take away sales from the host. The host ultimately decided not to allow the purse sales and the expert suggested having a separate party for that. The expert also provided helpful words to use when communicating with the friend. The host shared that she had a confirmed guest count and outside orders, and the expert reminded her to
Kitchen2u
I did it this morning! My host for this Friday called me to talk about the recipe demo. At the end of the conversation, she asked, "off the subject, I told my friend I would ask you first. It's okay if you're not okay with this. She makes these cute purses and she asked if she could bring them and put them in a bedroom to sell."

What I told was this: "It's not me that I woud be concerned about but YOUR GUESTS. You've invited them to a PC party, when they get there they find out THEY'VE got to "split" their money or make a choice. I would be concerned how THEY would feel."

She decided I was right, it's not fair to them plus it would take away sale from her PC party ~ so she's telling her friend no. I suggested she have a separate party for that. I gave her words to use with her friend too. "wouldn't you rather have a party just for purses on another date where ALL the sales are for you?"

She told me she had a confirmed 32 people and $300 in outside orders so far and she still needs to call some she hadn't heard from. Plus I asked her to give me a firm count of people bringing another adult (she didn't invite) because I need to bring gifts for them...she said "oh what a GREAT reason to call everyone again!"

What a great host! And great words to use, too. Thanks Ginny!

I like the way you worded this, Ginny! I have had two hosts in the past month ask me this and I have firmly, but gently told them no, but I like the way you said it better!

I'm really glad you shared your wording on this. I'm a new consultant so I can use all the great ideas I can get. Thank you!

Good job - and good thing your host asked you.People don't need surprises!

This is an awesome way to say it! Something else you could add (especially if the host didn't "get it" with what you said) is ask the host how much "fun money" they have each month. Then point out that others have the same situation with a specific amount each month they can spend at parties like this. By adding another vendor, the guests won't be able to get what they want and the host benefits would be less on both parties!

Or at least for me, I have a limited amount of fun money, but I would consider a PC purchase a "household" expense since it is something I will use every day in my home to feed my family. It gets budgeted in a different category and therefore I'd have more to spend, too. :D

I had to do this with a bridal shower. The host had been to a TS/PC party and wanted to do one that way for the bride. I politely told her what you mentioned above but used the bride. Why would you want to split up the bride's benefits?

Debbie - good point!

Whenever you're talking to host, a potential recruit, etc...ALWAYS put the focus on THEM...how will THEY benefit...why THEY should/shouldn't do it ~ it works like a charm!

That is great Ginny---thanks for sharing!

Wonderful way to handle that. I'll tuck that info in the back of my wee, little brain in case I need it one day.

Kitchen2u said:
I did it this morning! My host for this Friday called me to talk about the recipe demo. At the end of the conversation, she asked, "off the subject, I told my friend I would ask you first. It's okay if you're not okay with this. She makes these cute purses and she asked if she could bring them and put them in a bedroom to sell."

What I told was this: "It's not me that I woud be concerned about but YOUR GUESTS. You've invited them to a PC party, when they get there they find out THEY'VE got to "split" their money or make a choice. I would be concerned how THEY would feel."

She decided I was right, it's not fair to them plus it would take away sale from her PC party ~ so she's telling her friend no. I suggested she have a separate party for that. I gave her words to use with her friend too. "wouldn't you rather have a party just for purses on another date where ALL the sales are for you?"

She told me she had a confirmed 32 people and $300 in outside orders so far and she still needs to call some she hadn't heard from. Plus I asked her to give me a firm count of people bringing another adult (she didn't invite) because I need to bring gifts for them...she said "oh what a GREAT reason to call everyone again!"
WOW! 32 guests! and $300 in orders already! It's no wonder the purse lady wants to set up! You need to recruit that host or at least get her to do a couple shows a year with you! :) Let us know how well it turns out! Very excited to hear if 32 show up and what sales you will have with that crowd!

I just read the title of this thread as "How to kill the multi-vendor host". Maybe I'm still a bit bitter about our show last week!

smspamperedchef said:
WOW! 32 guests! and $300 in orders already! It's no wonder the purse lady wants to set up! You need to recruit that host or at least get her to do a couple shows a year with you! :) Let us know how well it turns out! Very excited to hear if 32 show up and what sales you will have with that crowd!

I just got off the phone with her Sharon...the count is up to 35-40! Personally, I don't like these large parties...hard to get "personal" with everyone ~ instead just taking orders while they are piling up on me.:yuck: Commission-wise they are great, but I like to get on a perconal level with EAC guest...that doesn't happen with crowds like this.

pamperedthorpe said:
I just read the title of this thread as "How to kill the multi-vendor host". Maybe I'm still a bit bitter about our show last week!

that provided the laugh I so desperately needed!! Thanks :)

pamperedthorpe said:

I read it the same way, and my last multi-vendor "show" was back in October of 2007....now who's bitter? LOL

Ginny that was a wonderful way to salvage your show, and make the host feel important as well! Great wording and wonderful idea! :) Way to go, and enjoy the order-taking...I know it isn't as personal but the commissions and booking possibilities are endless! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Ginny that was a wonderful way to salvage your show, and make the host feel important as well! Great wording and wonderful idea! :) Way to go, and enjoy the order-taking...I know it isn't as personal but the commissions and booking possibilities are endless! :)

Thanks Kacey ~ I know, and I AM grateful:D I just like to give SUPERIOR customer service at ALL of my parties and I feel they aren't getting that when I'm feeling RUSHED to crank out the orders.

I have the MOST fun at the less attended ones...like last night...only 3 ladies, $663 commissionable sales later...only 2 outside orders totalling $75!

pamperedthorpe said:

Yeah, I thought the title was going to hit a chord with some of you...sorry, but I laughed as I was typing the title :yuck: ~ gotcha didn't I? Got your attention at least! :D :D :D

Kitchen2u said:
I just got off the phone with her Sharon...the count is up to 35-40! Personally, I don't like these large parties...hard to get "personal" with everyone ~ instead just taking orders while they are piling up on me.:yuck: Commission-wise they are great, but I like to get on a perconal level with EAC guest...that doesn't happen with crowds like this.
Yeah, I know how that can be. Can you get a member from your downline or a family member or clustermate to help you? They (maybe even a couple of them) can help with orders while you work with each one individually, etc. If it's a fellow cluster member, etc. reward them with maybe a % of your commission or a booking or maybe take her/him out to dinner your treat. Family-tell them it's their obligation! LOL Treat them to something special, etc.!

smspamperedchef said:
Yeah, I know how that can be. Can you get a member from your downline or a family member or clustermate to help you? They (maybe even a couple of them) can help with orders while you work with each one individually, etc. If it's a fellow cluster member, etc. reward them with maybe a % of your commission or a booking or maybe take her/him out to dinner your treat. Family-tell them it's their obligation! LOL Treat them to something special, etc.!

Robyn's (DD, my baby who turned 17 last Saturday) going with me. She re-checks all my inputing from parties...so she knows what she's doing.

You're RIGHT is is their obligation ~ they don't get to go on the vacations with me unless they've helped out during the year!

Kitchen2u said:
Robyn's (DD, my baby who turned 17 last Saturday) going with me.

She is 17?!?!? How did that happen?? Say hello to her for me. :)

Kitchen2u said:
Thanks Kacey ~ I know, and I AM grateful:D I just like to give SUPERIOR customer service at ALL of my parties and I feel they aren't getting that when I'm feeling RUSHED to crank out the orders.

I have the MOST fun at the less attended ones...like last night...only 3 ladies, $663 commissionable sales later...only 2 outside orders totalling $75!

What did the 3 guests buy that totalled that much in sales??? Wow, way to go!

Thanks that is a great way to handle that type of situation!! This is very valuable information!:thumbup:

DebbieJ said:
She is 17?!?!? How did that happen?? Say hello to her for me. :)

I will ~ I'm getting old Deb! Time flies....I got tears when a flier in the mail came for her senior portraits...this is it! Empty nest...What the hell are we (Robert and I) going to do w/o the kids here...:yuck:

I've decided to stay on at the Youth Director at my church...gives me SOMETHING to do...plus kick up my PC biz!

Hey, we're in the same 1st class at conference!

chefsteph07 said:
What did the 3 guests buy that totalled that much in sales??? Wow, way to go!

Yep...two of them bought cookware sets. One decided to get it, then the other said, "well if you're getting that, I have to have it too. I only did the ice cube demo on the cookware.

We made the Chicken Clubhouse Squares...she made the Mandarin Pasta Salad...had LOTS of time to talk about LOTS of tools...they had to have it all ~ YESSSSSSSS, I tried to recruit them...I told them they could all learn together and get it for free...not interested ~ only interested in being loyal customers ~ yeah!

Kitchen2u said:
Hey, we're in the same 1st class at conference!

YAY! And how is Robert doing?

pamperedthorpe said:

:eek: That's funny!

DebbieJ said:
YAY! And how is Robert doing?

He's doing AWESOME! 175 pounds lighter! He's lost more than what I weigh!!! So the joke is "he's lost Ginny and more!!!" Then sometime I say..."he's lost so much, I can't find him!" His goal is 45 more pounds. He's determinded, so I'm SURE he'll get that off too! Thanks for asking Deb ~ I LOVE to BRAG about him!!!

BTW ~ Robyn said HI DEB!!! And KRISTI!!!

I am going through this right now as a matter of fact, I just had a host email me wanting do a show in Aug, she wants to cohost, that's fine I told her about the benefits of cohosting, etc.

So this morning she sends me another email saying that she wants to do this show w/ another DS company and she's done it before and it's worked out well for them...

I was very irritated, I don't know the host or the cohost, so I don't know what kind of turnout they would have, so I emailed her and told her she was already cohosting and having to split the benefits w/ her friend, why would she want to shortchange herself and her other host to do another company?
I did tell her that I will still do it if she wants, but I don't recommend it. I haven't heard from her yet since that email this morning.

Has anyone ever TURNED DOWN a show due to circumstances that they didn't want to do? I realize that it is still a show and they are getting their names out and possibly getting bookings, but still!

With the way my shows are going, struggling to qualify as is, I am hard pressed to be into this idea.

No, a show is a show...you may getting bookings or recruits. Make sure YOU go first in with the demo!

Kitchen2u said:
Yep...two of them bought cookware sets. One decided to get it, then the other said, "well if you're getting that, I have to have it too. I only did the ice cube demo on the cookware.

We made the Chicken Clubhouse Squares...she made the Mandarin Pasta Salad...had LOTS of time to talk about LOTS of tools...they had to have it all ~ YESSSSSSSS, I tried to recruit them...I told them they could all learn together and get it for free...not interested ~ only interested in being loyal customers ~ yeah!

As much as I would love to be able to recruit people like this... having loyal customers is such a pleasure and makes me feel like I have really made a personal connection with them! Good for you!

Kitchen2u said:
No, a show is a show...you may getting bookings or recruits. Make sure YOU go first in with the demo!

That's kind of how I felt about it too, I'll do anything to get my name out there! :rolleyes:

chefsteph07 said:
That's kind of how I felt about it too, I'll do anything to get my name out there! :rolleyes:

I feel the same way. A show is a show. Not going to make any money sitting home.

These days, people are busy and I think they feel that they want to do both shows but time is a issue. This way they get them both out of the way at one time.

In fact, I am putting together a Silpada, Airbonne and myself show the Monday after the 4th of July. Have a "gold lady" come and buy used gold. She comes highly recommended and gives the best prices in town. She says she has done a bunch of these types shows and everyone always does real well. We will see.

1. Can I have another vendor at my Pampered Chef party?

No, it is not recommended to have another vendor at your Pampered Chef party as it may take away sales from your party and make your guests feel uncomfortable. It is best to keep the focus on Pampered Chef products and give your guests the full experience.

2. What should I do if a friend asks to sell their products at my party?

If a friend asks to sell their products at your Pampered Chef party, kindly explain that it may not be fair to your guests and may take away sales from your party. Offer to help them set up a separate party for their products on a different date.

3. Can I invite more people to my party even if they weren't originally invited?

Yes, you can invite more people to your Pampered Chef party even if they were not originally invited. Just make sure to let your consultant know so they can plan accordingly and bring enough gifts for everyone.

4. Can I bring a plus one to the party?

Yes, you can bring a plus one to the Pampered Chef party. Just make sure to let your consultant know in advance so they can have enough gifts prepared for them as well.

5. Can I still place orders if I cannot attend the party?

Yes, you can still place orders even if you cannot attend the Pampered Chef party. Just make sure to let your consultant know beforehand so they can include your order with the rest of the party's orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef