• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants 100 Catalogs: The Surprising Reason Behind the Request

In summary, this lady is asking for too many catalogs. I usually only send 2-3 with a host packet, and her show will also be on my website for her "friends" to view the entire catalog there and they can come to the show.
pkd09
Silver Member
I could not believe my ears when she requested 100 catalogs. I asked her why and she said, "I have a lot of friends". I told her I usually only send 2-3 with a host packet. Her show will also be on my website for her "friends" to view the entire catalog there and they can come to the show.

If she has 100 friends...she would be a great consultant!

Still can't believe someone would ask for 100 catalogs....

I don't think anyone actually needs 100 catalogs. I would give her 5-7 since she asked for extra and go from there.

Tell her if she wants to pay the $49 for you to order that many, you'll be more than HAPPY to give her that many. ;)

what???!! really.... tell her that if she were to collect 100 orders she would have a $5000 show which would be more than $1000 in free products and you would earn $1500 in commission... which would she rather have? Because she can join your team and make that paycheck or she can :)

I've had people ask for oodles of catalogs. Like Sharon suggested, I bump the number I give them, but nowhere near the 30 or 40 they've asked for. I remind them that their friends can share or look online. Generally I don't have an extra 30 or 40 (or 100!) catalogs available to give a host.

Host Coach, host coach, host coach. Have you been to this lady's home? staple 5-6 outside order forms in the front of a catalog and give her 3-5 of those - explain to her that once someone looks through and orders, they give the catalog to someone else, or back to you and you give it to someone else.

Give her mini catalogs as well. Is she just inviting 100 people and thinks they will all need a catalog? Talk to her to find out who she's inviting and who she thinks all these people are that need a catalog. I'm sure you can explain things to her while encouraging her to collect tons of orders. If all else fails, go with Sheila's answer and explain to her that it would cost you quite a bit of money. Maybe she doesn't realize you pay for the catalogs.

This is where I would direct her to your website and tell those friends of her to view an online catalog, like Shelia said, pay you for them!

I've found that the more catalogs a host gets, the worse they do with orders. I think they hand out so many that they forget who got them and it ends up being too much to follow up with. Having fewer makes them follow up quicker and actually get orders.

She is having a show with me in August. You can bet host coaching with an emphasis on consultant will be discussed

chefmickey1 said:
I've found that the more catalogs a host gets, the worse they do with orders. I think they hand out so many that they forget who got them and it ends up being too much to follow up with. Having fewer makes them follow up quicker and actually get orders.

i have found the exact same thing. My hosts usually think they need them after the show to get more outside orders...and then, they may get 1-2 online orders, but never any from the catalogs themselves.

I like the idea of mini catalogs...you can use those and put the show info on them as the invitations and give her 1-2 real catalogs.

I have a lady that does a HUGE catalog party for me every summer and INSISTS on me giving her at least 20-25 catalogs minimum. She prints the order forms once I give her the copy of the outside order form though. I fought her on it (nicely of course) but eventually caved because she was SO adament about it and her catalog shows are always during Sell-A-Thon and never less than $1000. *sigh* ....yeah...I'm a push over but at least I make good commission from her party to cover the books. And No...I don't typically get any of them back...

Christ Follower said:
I have a lady that does a HUGE catalog party for me every summer and INSISTS on me giving her at least 20-25 catalogs minimum. She prints the order forms once I give her the copy of the outside order form though. I fought her on it (nicely of course) but eventually caved because she was SO adament about it and her catalog shows are always during Sell-A-Thon and never less than $1000. *sigh* ....yeah...I'm a push over but at least I make good commission from her party to cover the books. And No...I don't typically get any of them back...

If you know that a host is going to do a 1k catalogs show then it would be worth it to you to fork over the catalogs, at least you know she is working them...but half the time you give so many out to the hosts and the shows don't produce, that's what is so frustrating about it.

A few weeks ago my sister did a Catalog Show with $1,762.25 in guest sales ... are you ready for this? Not a single catalog in hand! 100% online!!!It can be done, if they believe it can be done. ;)

I'm thinking of including a prepaid postage envelope with host packets I mail out so I can get my catalogs back. I'll offer some kind of small incentive to get them to follow through, probably a SB.

katem51 said:
I'm thinking of including a prepaid postage envelope with host packets I mail out so I can get my catalogs back. I'll offer some kind of small incentive to get them to follow through, probably a SB.

This is why I only give them 3. It would cost more to mail them back then the price of the catalogs. So even sending them a prepaid envelope is not worth it to me.

She might not know how much they cost. I know never really thought about that, until I started selling.
Even with a $1000 show with $200 commission, $50 + shipping is a lot to spend on catalaogs!

ShellBeach said:
She might not know how much they cost. I know never really thought about that, until I started selling.
Even with a $1000 show with $200 commission, $50 + shipping is a lot to spend on catalaogs!

Wow, it sure is when you look at it that way = 25%!

Sandi

I would tell her that 50 will come in her kit and she can get 50 more when she orders her
"Business Building Kit" for $35. :-D

I would give her some mini-catalogs to send out as invitations. There's a label for them on Consultant's Corner under Managing Your Business-My Shows-Working with Hosts. She could put a coupon in it for them to bring to the show. Use the coupons for a drawing.

Related to Host Wants 100 Catalogs: The Surprising Reason Behind the Request

What are the benefits of hosting a party and receiving 100 catalogs?

Hosting a party with 100 catalogs allows you to earn free and discounted products as well as exclusive host gifts. It also gives you the opportunity to share Pampered Chef products with your friends and family.

How can I get 100 catalogs for my party?

You can request 100 catalogs from your Pampered Chef consultant when you schedule your party. They will be delivered to you before your party date.

Can I customize the catalogs with my own information?

Yes, you can personalize the catalogs with your name and contact information. This will make it easier for your guests to place orders or contact you with any questions.

What should I do with the extra catalogs after my party?

You can keep the extra catalogs for future parties or events, or you can share them with friends and family who may be interested in hosting their own Pampered Chef party.

Are there any tips for maximizing the use of 100 catalogs?

Yes, you can use the catalogs to showcase the products and their features, as well as include your own personal recommendations and tips. You can also use them as a reference for guests to place orders during and after the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MarciMac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
Replies