• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Do You Reinvest in the Business?

In summary, the expert is considering whether or not to spend their PC dollars on new products or to save them. They feel that if they want the products, they should purchase them with PC$ rather than using regular money. They also feel that they should prioritize purchasing supplies and business items over new products.
cmcchef
I'm sitting here looking at the sample and supply order forms adding up everything I want and need to get. I'm happy that I have $70 PC dollars from the January incentive since that lowers my out-of-pocket. I find myself wondering though, am I putting too much back into the business?

I feel a definite want for the sample package - I hate to pass up the discounted prices on some of the new stuff I want. And then of course there are all the business supplies - running low on paperwork and door prizes.

I do PC part-time, usually 3-4 shows a month. I started this to get PC stuff when I wanted it, but then when I see the dollars coming in I hate to see them go right out (my regular job's paycheck already does that!).

Figuring out the expenses for my taxes really laid it all out there to see. Just wondering what other people are doing.

I'm currently in a slump, trying to dig my way out. I've averaged 1-2 shows a month my entire PC career, which hasn't brought in a lot of money, but I've made a point of not spending more than I bring in.If you really want the products, but also want to keep the money you've made consider hosting your own show at the beginning of March. You won't be able to pay with PC$ for your half-price selections and discounted items, but with a $500 show, you'll get $90 in free stuff. That added to your $70 in PC$ means you could pretty much get almost all of the new S/S products free. Then, whatever you can't get, use the half-price selection and your Host Special pick to get at 50% and 60% off.

I have been in a similar boat off and on through my PC experience also. I have had a hard time expanding my customer base, so I have had months where I just couldn't get shows. Last year, I would have bought products to stay active to avoid losing my career sales, but I decided in October, I was going to stop doing that, so I lost my career sales in January. I didn't think of the products I bought as a loss because I needed everything I bought for my own kitchen! LOL! I was also buying lots of catalogs and minis to pass out, but that proved to be more costly than I anticipated.

I am hoping since I have moved, I will be able to expand my customer base. I LOVE Noora's idea of hosting my own show to get the new stuff!!! Thanks Noora!

My suggestion for prioritizing... It's all about choices. Start with biz supplies. To me that's an expense you can't skip. You need catalogs and other paperwork. The products are extra. You "want" them all or "need" them all? Start with double-purpose products. The ones that you want for personal use as well as what you will use in your shows. In the current new batch, I think MFP is the only "have to" since it's on the cover of the catalog and can be used in almost every show. The rest of them are nice but not necessary. You can do a ton of recipes with products from your kit. That's what's great about this biz. You don't need to buy new products. Earn the commission or host a show to continue to add to your collection. You can sell a lot of the new products just from trying them at a team meeting or hearing other people's experience with them. I'm in this biz to make money, not spend it. It's this time of year that motivates me for the next SAT. I like those free products to keep coming in the door!

I am not sure what I am going to splurge on. I got of the level one SAT products and the MFP, but I am hitting my 1 year anniversary next week and was thinking about doing a 1st anniversary/ hostess appreciation/new product showcase thing and give away some stuff. I can use my PC$ to pay for a majority of them, I also want some for gifts for mom & MIL in the next few months. I think I will go ahead and splurge and give away some of the extras, although I already know that I want an extra veggie wedger (already know that one is getting tons of use both at home and shows.
I try to do 8-10 shows a month, so I do have income coming in w/ my business, but we are trying to pay off all of our debt in 2011 so all of it is going to credit cards. I guess the answer is figure out what are needs and what are wants. I do feel like I need a lot of them for my business and also want them for pleasure, but I can rationalize $80-100 2x/year for all of the new stuff that I didn't earn for free.

when I do my taxes, I find that I "break even." This is part time for me and I cannot quit my day job. I personally am OK with that. I like the discounts I get from being a consultant and the tax benefits of having a business. I can quit tomorrow and I would be happy. I have a kitchen full of PC products to show for what I did. That's impressive to me and makes it worth it to me. You need to decide what would make you happy and at what level you decide some of your expenses are too much.

cmcchef said:
.....I feel a definite want for the sample package - I hate to pass up the discounted prices on some of the new stuff I want. ......

I'm a hobby consultant, and I quit buying the sample packages. When I first joined, I always got them. Then my full-time job would get crazy and I'd end up putting in a self-hosted catty show to stay active and get even more stuff. :eek:
It just got too crazy and that attractive 50% off wasn't so hot anymore. Esp since the packages always seemed to be arranged where 1/3 of it I really didn't want.

Now I just host shows and get the items I specifically want to try. Personally, I'd use the PC dollars for supply orders or retired outlet stuff I just had to have.

Although this season, there seems to be more choice with the open stock items. Past seasons, the cookbooks have always been in a package which always annoyed me.

I earned Level 1. I'm not tempted by Package C, so I'm going to just buy the B grouping. The only thing in C that I'd like to show people would be the Scoop & Measure, so I'll just pick that up when I host a show sometime.Figure out what your "why" is. When I joined, it was to get the products free or at an amazing discount. I spent all my money back in the business with products and supplies. Now I love having all the products and don't regret that, but I definitely can see how if you are in this for the paycheck, than it's more wise to hold off on some things. Maybe only get the samples that you feel you really need for shows right away. Or don't get them at all and only get them when you host shows and have FPV to spend.

1. How do I determine how much to reinvest in my business?

The amount you should reinvest in your business depends on various factors, such as your current financial situation, growth goals, and industry standards. It is recommended to consult with a financial advisor or accountant to determine the appropriate amount for your specific business.

2. What are the benefits of reinvesting in my business?

Reinvesting in your business can lead to long-term growth and success. By putting money back into your business, you can improve operations, expand your product or service offerings, and increase your market share. It can also help attract investors and improve your financial stability.

3. Should I reinvest all of my profits back into the business?

No, it is not necessary to reinvest all of your profits back into the business. It is important to maintain a balance between reinvesting for growth and keeping enough funds for emergencies or unexpected expenses. A good rule of thumb is to reinvest 20-30% of your profits back into the business.

4. What if I need to use the profits for personal expenses?

If you need to use some of the profits for personal expenses, it is important to still maintain a portion for reinvestment in the business. Consider setting a budget for personal expenses and reinvesting the rest to ensure the growth and sustainability of your business.

5. Are there any tax implications for reinvesting in my business?

Reinvesting in your business can have tax implications depending on how you structure your business and how the funds are used. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional to understand the potential tax benefits and consequences of reinvestment in your specific situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
twinkie10
  • ~*Heather*~