• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Keep Track of Your Finances?

In summary, the expert uses a check registry to keep track of expenses and income from their show business.
babywings76
Gold Member
Right now I submit my shows using the PC credit card. I also use it to make all my PC related purchases: supply orders, postage, business supplies, samples orders, etc. I'm having a hard time though keeping it all straight as I pay it off. I want to be able to see that the funds available in my bank were spent to pay off the shows, and then be able to see the rest of the expenses and see if my paychecks are reimbursing me for the other expenses. At some point I need to see if I've made a profit so I can "pay" myself. I can't seem to keep it all straight. Do you have a spread sheet that you use to keep track of everything? Is there a way to do it using P3?

bumping for the morning...I wrote this way too late last night, when I was tired, so I hope it made sense. :)

I just keep track of a check registry. That's all.

I keep track in PP3. Under each show I show expense for sending host packet, ingrediants if I'm purchasing, postage for thank you cards. If I purchase supplies I add that as an expense too and when I get paid I add as income. It generates a nice report for me to show if I'm making a profit and as of right now I am :)

I am blessed, My DH is an accountant- and he takes care of ALL OF IT!!! I do not have to give another thought to it, except to mark reciepts with a "B" and give him addresses of shows, etc. He does all the rest. Honestly, I do not think I could do this business if I was not married to him.

I use Microsoft Money

I deposit each show under it's own name and not as a whole lump deposit (several shows) at the end of the week. As for expenses... I log each business expense and keep a running tally so I know how much I've spent that month. Then when the bill and my paycheck comes I take my checkbook balance minus show expenses minus business expenses and that is my profit! Hope that makes sense.

Related to How Do You Keep Track of Your Finances?

1. How do I create a budget and stick to it?

Creating a budget is an essential step in keeping track of your finances. Start by listing all your monthly income and expenses. Then, prioritize your expenses and set a realistic budget for each category. To stick to your budget, track your expenses regularly, and make adjustments as needed. It can also help to have a savings goal and hold yourself accountable by reviewing your budget regularly.

2. What is the best way to track expenses?

The best way to track your expenses is by using a budgeting tool or app. These tools allow you to input your income and expenses and categorize them for easy tracking. You can also track your expenses manually by keeping receipts and using a spreadsheet to track your spending. The key is to find a method that works for you and stick to it consistently.

3. Should I use cash or credit for everyday expenses?

Using cash or credit for everyday expenses is a personal preference. Some people prefer using cash as it helps them stick to a budget, while others prefer using credit cards for the convenience and rewards. Whichever method you choose, make sure to track your expenses and stay within your budget.

4. How often should I review my finances?

It's essential to review your finances regularly to stay on top of your budget and make any necessary adjustments. It's recommended to review your finances at least once a month. However, if you have significant financial changes or unexpected expenses, it's best to review your finances more frequently.

5. What should I do if I am struggling to keep track of my finances?

If you are struggling to keep track of your finances, it's essential to seek help from a financial advisor or a budgeting professional. They can help you create a budget, set financial goals, and provide guidance on how to manage your expenses. You can also look for online resources and budgeting tools to help you stay organized and on top of your finances.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • nay62
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrshamel3808