• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Do the Recipe Before the Show?

In summary, the conversation revolved around whether or not to do a demo during the show or to have a "no-demo" show where guests have more time to chat and look through the catalog. Some hosts prefer to have a demo, while others prefer to not have one. The host also discussed doing prep work at home to save time during the show and mentioned offering options for hosts. Finally, the conversation touched on the types of recipes used during demos and how to accommodate guests with food allergies.
Morvin
okay a saw it on here once upon a time where everyone was talking about weather the did the recipe before the show and just did an "air" demo and explained the tools used. Or if you still do the regular demo. I was just wonder what everyone is doing out there!!and if you do the recipes prior to the show what kind of recipes do you do?? Just trying to pick everyone brain.
Thanks
Heather

I do an actual demo during the show, but try to do as much prep before as I can. However, I'm wanting to go more towards a no-demo show to give guests more time to chat & look through the catalog. I was thinking of maybe starting that in March with the new season. I could set up stations with a cucumber/potato, etc., for guests to try out products & still do intros where everyone talks about their fave products.

What I'm wondering--for those of you who do not do the demo, do you give your hosts the option, or just say that's what I do? I was thinking of offering the option (of course really talking up the no-demo).

I try to do as much prep work as I can at home, that way I am not wasting too much time in front of everyone doing other things when I could be spending that time promoting more products.

Cheers

Lately, it depends on the number of guests expected. More than 8-10, I make a recipe at home, and then demo another at the Show. i.e. Peanutty Brownie Pizza base pre-baked and decorate at show. Prepare and bake the
Chocolate Turtle cake at the show, and decorate with slices of Strawberries rather than chopped nuts. Most of my hostesses chose to offer one dessert with "no nuts" to give their guests a choice. My hostesses and guests like to see something being prepared, and enjoy coming up and using the tools.

Hi Heather!

Thanks for bringing up this topic. As a pampered chef consultant, I always do the recipe before the show and do an "air" demo during the actual presentation. I find that this helps me to be more confident and comfortable with the recipe, which in turn makes the presentation smoother and more engaging for my audience. Plus, it allows me to share any tips or tricks I've learned while making the recipe.

As for the types of recipes I do, I like to mix it up and offer a variety of options. Sometimes I'll choose a popular or seasonal recipe from the current catalog, other times I'll do a classic pampered chef recipe that everyone loves. I also like to incorporate recipes that showcase different tools and techniques, so my guests can see the versatility of our products. It's all about finding a balance and keeping things interesting for my guests.

I hope this helps and happy cooking!

Related to How Many of You Do the Recipe Before the Show?

What does "doing the recipe" mean?

"Doing the recipe" refers to actually making the dish or meal that is being demonstrated during the Pampered Chef show. This involves following the instructions and using the products and tools recommended by the consultant.

Do all Pampered Chef consultants make the recipe before the show?

No, not all consultants make the recipe before the show. It is ultimately up to the individual consultant and their personal preferences. Some consultants may prefer to just demonstrate the recipe without actually making it, while others may choose to make it beforehand to save time during the show.

Why do some consultants choose to make the recipe before the show?

Some consultants may choose to make the recipe beforehand to ensure that everything goes smoothly during the demonstration. This allows them to troubleshoot any potential issues and also saves time during the show, allowing for more interaction with the audience.

How many times do consultants typically make a recipe before the show?

This varies among consultants and depends on factors such as the complexity of the recipe and their personal level of experience. Some consultants may make a recipe multiple times to perfect it, while others may only make it once before the show.

Is it necessary to make the recipe before the show in order to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, it is not necessary to make the recipe before the show in order to be successful as a Pampered Chef consultant. Many consultants are successful without making the recipe beforehand, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference and the individual consultant's style of presenting and demonstrating products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Morvin