• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Does Your Team Celebrate a Promotion???

In summary, the team/cluster/director does something special for the person who promoted to director.
lovecookn
Gold Member
What does your team/cluster/director do when someone promotes to director? Is there a party at the meeting? Special goodies? Like what? Send flowers? Red apron? Cash/gift cards? I observed what I thought was beyond tacky and hugely disappointing, almost embarrassing...but before I go into details, I would love to hear what is normal for other teams.Please share! The good the bad, and the terribly tacky:blushing::eek:

some things are the same each time a large cake decorated for them to share with their family
sparkling cider, balloons, those aprty bloweers and Celebrate or congrats dec.
bouquet of flowers & a gift
we used to have a red carpet we rolled out you could use a red piece of fabric or roll of plastic tablecloth
we customize it to the person some get tiaras, we make it lots of fun

soem

When I promoted I got a red apron with my name on it. She had her kids make construction and yarn signs to put around my neck with all the director benefits as a pile on visual. (tradition in our line that all new directors get that apron)When I earned my first trip I got a $1 case to put soap in and a $1 bottle of body wash (I was with her when she bought it). When we left the store she said let's go get a pedi. I thought she was treating but she just paid for hers and I paid for mine.While I wasn't looking to be showered with gifts it was disappointing that she didn't do something nicer. I am always giving my team gifts. So much so that last meeting one of them walked into my office and said "what goodies do you have for us". Yeah. That's changing. I am now rewarding behavior. No more, you submitted the minimum -here's a gift.Sorry I got off track there a little but it made me think!You know it's not the gift, or what you spend. It's what you make them feel like, how you show your pride and appreciation.

When I promoted, I got a bouquet of roses, and a Star wall hanging for my office to remind me to keep reaching for the Stars. Because my promotion was also my directors promotion to AD, our SD came to our meeting and did the meeting for us with the celebration for both of us.

oh and the directors take them to a special lunch

1. How does your team typically celebrate a promotion?

Our team celebrates a promotion by throwing a small party in the office. We decorate the promoted employee's desk with balloons and streamers, and we also bring in some snacks and drinks for everyone to enjoy.

2. Do you have any specific traditions for celebrating promotions?

Yes, we have a tradition of giving the promoted employee a special gift, such as a personalized congratulatory card or a small token of appreciation, to commemorate their achievement.

3. Is there a team outing or activity to celebrate promotions?

Sometimes, our team will plan a fun outing or activity to celebrate a promotion. This could be anything from a group lunch or dinner to a team-building activity or even a weekend trip.

4. How do you involve the rest of the team in the celebration?

We make sure to involve the rest of the team in the celebration by inviting them to the party and encouraging them to write a congratulatory message or sign the card for the promoted employee. We also make sure to include everyone in any team outings or activities planned for the celebration.

5. Are promotions celebrated differently for different levels or positions within the team?

No, we celebrate all promotions in the same way regardless of the level or position within the team. Every promotion is seen as a significant achievement and is celebrated equally.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 11accold
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
batroark
  • PCJenni