• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Make Chewy and Crisp Peanutbutter Cookies?

In summary, Carol wants to make spritz cookies using a recipe that she found on Allrecipes.com. She uses all butter (instead of margarine) and cream cheese, and does not color the batter. She bakes the cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes. She recommends dipping them half the way in melted chocolate.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

I am making cc cookies, PB cookies, and spritz cookies for a grad party.

If I refrigerate the PB dough first, will the centers cook less quickly so I end up with chewy middles and crispy edges?

Anyone?????

My mom always uses half butter (not margarine) and half shortening. The butter makes them chewy and the crisco makes them crispy. At least that works with the Choc Chip and Oatmeal cookies.

I have read your post several times and have been reading some other recipe websites tring to figure this one out. I found one that was a chocolate cookie with a carmel stuffing. They said to chill the carmel, then make balls and flatten them some as desired, then to freeze them. Then make the chocolate cookie dough. Then to make your chocolate cookies with the carmel as a stuffing. And to cook as usual. I guess with the carmel being frozen, that it would only soften during the cooking time.

I don't know, never tried to do this. But it sounds wonderful. Let me know how it turns out.

Carol

pamperedlinda said:
My mom always uses half butter (not margarine) and half shortening. The butter makes them chewy and the crisco makes them crispy. At least that works with the Choc Chip and Oatmeal cookies.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately, I have BOTH the choc chip and the pb doughs already made up. The cc I used all butter (but you melt it...then it says you MUST refrigerate the dough till totally chilled, or overnight) and the PB dough has butter flavored Crisco...

I just got the spritz cookies made. They turned out very yummy! (has butter, cream cheese, and orange zest in them...among other things!) I ended up not coloring the batter, but sprinkled them with blue sugar before baking. (School colors are blue and white)

KellyTheChef said:
Thanks! I will keep that in mind. Unfortunately, I have BOTH the choc chip and the pb doughs already made up. The cc I used all butter (but you melt it...then it says you MUST refrigerate the dough till totally chilled, or overnight) and the PB dough has butter flavored Crisco...

I just got the spritz cookies made. They turned out very yummy! (has butter, cream cheese, and orange zest in them...among other things!) I ended up not coloring the batter, but sprinkled them with blue sugar before baking. (School colors are blue and white)

I want your spritz cokie recipe please. I bought the cookie press when it was on special in Dec and have never used it (I've never used any cookie press). These sound really good!

Snow Flakes
Submitted by: Jessy Davis
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 140 members Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour
Yields: 72 servings

"This recipe is for use with a cookie press. Wonderfully soft and more flavorful than the average spritz cookie."
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter flavored shortening
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C ).
2. In a medium bowl, cream together shortening, cream cheese, and sugar. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, and orange zest. Continue beating until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour, salt, and cinnamon. Fill the cookie press, and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet, and cool on wire racks.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 6/27/2008

**I omitted the cinnamon, and upped the orange zest...just used all of the zest from a small orange. It was probaby more like 2 t. zest. Plus...I used 1/2 of a package of cream cheese, so it was 4 oz instead of 3 like they called for.

Don't let them brown! Just let them cook till "set" and if needed, let them cool on the cookie sheet for a minute or two so they don't fall apart when you are getting them off the sheets.

Thanks Kelly, these sound yummy!

np

I think they would be good if you dipped them 1/2 the way in melted chocolate, too....

Related to How Do I Make Chewy and Crisp Peanutbutter Cookies?

1. How do I make chewy and crisp peanut butter cookies without them being too dry?

To achieve the perfect balance of chewy and crisp in peanut butter cookies, make sure to use a combination of both granulated and brown sugar in your recipe. The brown sugar adds moisture and helps create a chewier texture. Also, avoid overbaking the cookies as this can lead to a dry and crunchy result.

2. Can I use natural peanut butter in my cookies?

Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in your cookies, but keep in mind that it may alter the texture and flavor slightly. Natural peanut butter tends to have a thinner consistency and may result in flatter cookies. To compensate, you can add a little extra flour to the dough.

3. Should I chill the dough before baking?

Chilling the dough before baking is not necessary, but it can help prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven. If you prefer thicker cookies, you can chill the dough for 30 minutes to an hour before baking.

4. Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter?

Yes, you can substitute almond butter for peanut butter in this recipe. Keep in mind that almond butter has a slightly different flavor and consistency, so the resulting cookies may not taste exactly the same as traditional peanut butter cookies.

5. How do I store peanut butter cookies to keep them chewy and crisp?

To keep your peanut butter cookies chewy and crisp, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. You can also freeze the cookies for longer storage, just make sure to thaw them at room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Mindy50135
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Lisa/ChefBear