• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Use a Tart Shaper Before or After Baking Cookie Cups?

In summary, the tart shaper can be used after the cookie dough is cooked or before. The recipe suggests wrapping the tart shaper in a piece of plastic wrap to keep it from sticking to the top of the treats.
TheChaoticCook
I want to make little choc. chip cookie cups for DS's bday at school. I plan on using small scoop of choc chip cookie dough in MMP. My question is: do I use the tart shaper to shape dough BEFORE cooking or after the cookie muffins if you will, come out of the oven? I'm going to fill the center with a little icing and sprinkles (all per DS's request LOL)

Thanks!

I would do it after you take them out of the oven and do it when the dough is warm. Cool then fill.

Actually, I think the recipes I've seen using cookie dough, you shape them before you bake them.

With brownie batter, you shape them after baking, though.

OK, I have enough dough, I'll do both and see what happens. I'll post my findings LOL. Thank you ladies.

tart shaperI have made these using cookie dough, and brownies. The cookies only take 10 minutes to cook, while the brownies are 18-20. I use the tart shaper after they cook ( on both the cookies and the brownies) and then when cool, use the easy accent decorator to place a pretty little blob of icing in the middle! They are super cute , yummy and easy to eat!:thumbup:

Thank you Ruth! That's what I was looking for!

tart shaperYou are welcome! So glad to be of service, for once I knew the right answer!:love:

I also indent after cooking. I have also used sugar cookies & filled w/icing.

You ladies are making me crave chocolate chip cookies now! I never even thought about doing them in the MMP! But just last night DH asked me to stop doing so much baking. Apparently the scale told him to stop eating sweets! I told him to just develop self control! I wonder if I could bake up some mini chocolate chip cookies and hide them... OK, enough babbling from me!

There was a great recipe floating around when I started with PC that was chocolate chip cookies in the MMP, with a Hershey Kiss in the middle. Put a small scoop of dough in the MMP, then use the tart shaper to make a hollow. Put an unwrapped kiss in the dimple. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350. Cool in pan 15 minutes. The dough bakes up around the kiss so only the tip is visible, and it's a chocolate surprise in the middle.

I have a booth this weekend and these would be great to hand out. Now, I know the right way to do them. Hmm... I'll have to sample a few too.

Ann that sounds so good. I will need to try these.

You can also use sugar cookie dough and after it is baked, put an unwrapped ressess peanut butter cup in the center, it will get soft and melty. YUM YUM. And you can do the same with peanut butter cookie dough and the kisses. YUM YUM.

mmmmm. I'm glad you guys are noting to put "unwrapped" candies in the dough. That would taste horrible! :)

yummy on the kiss in the cookie idea!! I'm going to try that! Anyway, using the tart shaper after the cookies came out of the oven was the way to go. Thanks again for all the replies and tips!

What does MMP stand for?

Mini Muffin Pan

I never thought about putting cookies in the mmp. I can't wait to try

thanks for the idea. sounds great. But when I do the tuxedo brownies I can never get the tops indented right. So I've just stopped and also stopped doing that recipe for others.

Ok a great tip I picked up from a customer, wrap a piece of plastic wrap around your tart shaper before you start pressing and it won't stick to the tops of your treats. Works especially well with the brownie cups.

Dipping it in a little flour (or cocoa powder for chocolate recipes) helps as well.

I LOVE to do peanutbutter cookie dough in the MMP. When it is done cooking push in a mini reeses peanut butter cup. I could seriously overdose on these. I have done these as a super easy 2nd recipe at shows. YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Related to Should I Use a Tart Shaper Before or After Baking Cookie Cups?

What is a tart shaper used for?

A tart shaper is a kitchen tool used for shaping and pressing dough into tart pans. It can also be used for creating decorative edges on pies and pastries.

Is a tart shaper dishwasher safe?

Yes, our tart shaper is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the tool.

Can I use a tart shaper for other cooking tasks?

While a tart shaper is specifically designed for shaping dough, it can also be used for pressing down on cookies or other baked goods, or even for crushing crackers or nuts.

What material is the tart shaper made of?

Our tart shaper is made of durable and heat-resistant nylon. It is safe to use with hot or cold foods and will not scratch or damage your cookware.

Does the tart shaper come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not happy with your tart shaper for any reason, we offer a full refund or replacement within 30 days of purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lisa717
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • SusanBP0129