• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Why Do Consultants Suddenly Disappear?

In Summary, the hostess of a bridal shower had been in contact with a consultant who had stopped returning calls and emails. The consultant was from the area and had known the hostess's family, but the consultant had disappeared and the hostess was now worried about her. The hostess was grateful to have been able to work with a consultant who was a good friend of the family and who could help her with the shower.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I say strange, because this is the 2nd HOL I've had with almost the exact same story (but involving 2 different consultants). I had this happen last December too.

I had a HOL today interested in hosting a show, so I called this afternoon. The young lady on the other end was in a complete panic because she has a Couple Bridal Shower scheduled for Aug. 1st, and needed to change the date, but hasn't been able to get a hold of the consultant.
She said that her whole family has used this consultant for over 6 years, and that she was supposed to have a party with her in April, but never heard from her then either, so just assumed that party was canceled. So now, it's just a few weeks before the scheduled Bridal Shower, and she still hasn't heard from her. She's freaking out because she doesn't know what to do about invitations, etc...for the party, and she needs to push it back to the 8th of Aug. but doesn't even know if she still has a consultant. PLUS she is saying that the consultant has become a friend of the family and now she's just dropped off the face of the earth. (hasn't returned a phone call since April!)

I tried to find the consultant on the Website, and couldn't find her. She is from this area, but I'd never heard of her, and neither has my director. I did find a bridal registry for the bride and groom, but am assuming that has just gotten reassigned to someone else in the Lead Pool.

So - I am now doing a Bridal Shower for her on Aug 8th! How crazy is that! The Hostess of the shower went from complete panic to total relief by the end of our conversation. I'm really glad I can do the party...I don't do Weekend shows in the Summer, but I'll make an exception for a Bridal Shower, so this worked out perfectly!

I'm still feeling a little weird about the whole deal though. Why would a consultant just disappear like that? Obviously she had shows on the calendar, and had an established customer base...so strange.

Well, you never know what might have happened in her life and maybe PC dropped to the bottom of her priority list.Glad you can do it, though!

I got a HO lead like this last month. Consultant scheduled a show and then would not return calls. When she finally did she said she was not longer doing PC. I get the lead and schedule a show. Talking with the hostess to coach her and she tell me the consultant called back and said she is again selling and would be happy to do the show. To bad, so sad...it's mine now!

It's ok Becky! I got a consultant from this very sort of experience. We never know what's happening in someone life and it's too bad for the panic this gal was going through but she's blessed to have gotten you as her HO lead consultant! I hope it's a HUGE show! Couldn't have happened to a nicer gal! :)

Thanks Diane!

The thing is = she really loved this other consultant...feels like she's almost one of the family, and she's very concerned about not having heard from her....by the end of the conversation, she had me praying that everything was okay with her! She just kept saying "it's just not like her to not return a call...."....

Becky - if they are good friends, does she know where the consultant lives? Maybe she should drive over (probably after the shower :D) and see if everything is ok.

I was also thinking that if they had become good friends she should know if something major had happened to the consultant or to a member of her family. Strange that a friend would just disappear like that.

cmdtrgd said:
Becky - if they are good friends, does she know where the consultant lives? Maybe she should drive over (probably after the shower :D) and see if everything is ok.

She knew the town, the phone #, and the email address for her. She also had her website address, which is gone from the system. I'm going to check around with some other area consultants and see if anyone knows her....

But WOW! I'm glad I have this show! Now, I know not to pre-judge, but I just got the guest list for the Couples Shower, and the first 12 addresses are addressed to "Dr. & Mrs....." Looks like there are alot of Dr's. in the family - many of them have the same last names.

The other thing to try is to call HO and let them know the situation and that you are concerned about the consultant. They might be able to give you contact info for her which may include an address.Or, check whitepages.com

What is the role of a Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef?

A Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the company's home office. This includes overseeing administrative tasks, managing budgets and expenses, and ensuring smooth communication and collaboration between different departments.

What are the main responsibilities of a Home Office Lead?

The main role of a Home Office Lead is to provide leadership and direction for the home office team, ensuring that all tasks and projects are completed efficiently and effectively. They also play a key role in developing and implementing business strategies and goals, as well as managing employee performance and development.

What qualifications and skills are required for a Home Office Lead?

Typically, a Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef should have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as business administration, management, or a related field. They should also have previous experience in a leadership or managerial role, as well as strong communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills.

What is the working environment like for a Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef?

The working environment for a Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef is fast-paced and dynamic, with a focus on collaboration and teamwork. They will work closely with other members of the home office team, as well as other departments within the company, to ensure the smooth running of operations and the achievement of business goals.

What career growth opportunities are available for a Home Office Lead at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we value career development and growth for our employees. As a Home Office Lead, there are opportunities for advancement within the company, such as moving into higher-level management positions. We also offer training and development programs to help our employees enhance their skills and advance in their careers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedK