• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Help: Replacing Cookware Under Warranty

In summary, the customer wants her cookware replaced because it is scratched and the handle on her 10" skillet is torn. The customer is not in a very good mood and does not want to have the conversation over the phone. The customer is referred to the Home Office to get help with returning the cookware in question.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Help :help: :help::help: :help: :help:

I have a customer that wants to have her cookware replaced.

This is her email to me:

Hi! Haven't talked with you for awhile.

Just wanted to know what I need to do about my cookware... they are very scratched and the handle on my 10" skillet is torn. I think they have a warranty, but I wanted
to ask you for sure.

Thanks

I am not in a very good mood for writing about our warranty and with the changes that all cookware gets inspected, I never know what to say. What do you send a customer when they want their cookware replaced?

If your mood has to do with the excellence awards I understand! I just ask them the 5 questions, which pieces, did she put them in the dishwasher, use pam cooking spray, metal utensils etc. Usually based on their answer I can either explain they voided the warranty or feel confident that PC will replace it when they are sent back. I don't say much about the inspection part. I haven't had any trouble, but I have only had to send back a piece or 2.

And is her cookware the current line or an older line?I'd just tell her:
Due to a high number of customers not following the use & care cards and then asking for replacements, Pampered Chef has had to revamp their policy of checking the cookware to ensure that the damage was under normal use and not some form of abuse. They prefer that the Consultants are not involved in the process since it's impossible for them to train us all on what to look for. I'll need to refer you to the Home Office on this one. You can reach them at 888-OUR-CHEF. Let them know that you bought it from Consultnat #__________ on [Cooking?] Show Number #______. They should be able to help you with a reference number to return the item(s) in question so that they can examine it for signs of abuse. Thanks for understanding the new rule. If there's anything else that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to call or e-mail. ;)

I am feeling very whimpy and did not want to have the conversation over the phone. Thank you for the words Sheila, they helped a lot!

I've had days like that myself. You're welcome. ;)

What is a warranty for cookware?

A warranty for cookware is a guarantee provided by the manufacturer or seller that the cookware is free from defects and will function as intended for a certain period of time. If the cookware is found to have a defect during the warranty period, the manufacturer or seller will repair or replace it for free.

How long does a cookware warranty typically last?

The length of a cookware warranty can vary, but it typically lasts for 1-5 years. Some manufacturers may offer longer warranties for certain types of cookware, such as high-end or professional-grade cookware.

What is covered under a cookware warranty?

The coverage of a cookware warranty can also vary, but it typically covers defects in materials or workmanship. This can include things like warping, peeling, or chipping of the cookware. However, it does not usually cover normal wear and tear or damage caused by misuse or improper care.

How do I know if my cookware is still under warranty?

You can usually find information about the warranty for your cookware on the packaging or in the instruction manual. If you are unsure, you can also contact the manufacturer or seller directly to inquire about the warranty coverage for your specific cookware.

How do I go about replacing cookware under warranty?

If you believe your cookware is covered under warranty and has a defect, you should contact the manufacturer or seller to initiate the replacement process. They may require you to provide proof of purchase or photos of the defect. They will then provide instructions on how to return the defective cookware and receive a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • dannyzmom