• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Professional Cookware Use & Care: Important Tips for Maintaining Your Cookware

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use and care of Pampered Chef professional cookware, specifically regarding the warranty and the use of non-stick spray. The conversation revealed that the policy on warranties has changed over time and there is confusion among consultants and customers about what is covered. Some participants expressed frustration with the changes and the lack of consistency in honoring warranties.
Does anyone here still have a use and care from the professional cookware? I just threw mine out trying to make more room in my "office" (corner in my dining room) I am just curious, because I was getting a reference number for a customers pan and they told me that it was clearly stated on the use and care that non stick spray voided the warranty. I know I just saw a post about this recently either here or cs but I can't find it now.:( I think this girl is still going to get a new pan so I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but it did kind of bother me and now I am kicking myself for tossing that out.

Of course I just found the post I was looking for. But I would still love to see if she is correct, I am really Kicking my self for throwing this stuff out!!! But I had NEVER used it in over 6 years. If anyone still has this paperwork I would love to know if this is the wording used.Whoever told you that only the knives and cookware had lifetime warranties was completely wrong! According to my 2002 Fall/Winter catalog the Stainless Steel Whisk, Twixit! Clip Combo Pack, Easy Clean Kitchen Brush, Cheese Knife, Self Sharpening Knives(now honing & 5 yr), Bread Knife, and the Generation II Lids all also had Lifetime Guarantees.These changes to policy after the fact are driving me nuts!
Pampered Chef have never offered a Lifetime warranty on everything. When I started the Batter Bowl had a 10 year warranty, but we didn't start adding the warranty in the catalog until 2002. The furthest back I could find a PIG was 2007 and luckily it had some 2005 cookware info!I think HO needs to train their reps on what was guaranteed and when it changed. Because according to the Product Informaion Guide in 2005 the Professional Cookware said absolutely NOTHING about nonstick aresole sprays voiding the cookware warranty. Here is are parts of a section that I found today in an old Product Information Guide file:4-Piece Set with Bonus Nylon Tool Set COOKWARE --
Professional Cookware PROFESSIONAL
2760 4-Piece Set with Bonus Nylon Tool Set Lifetime guarantee...
USE AND CARE
Using Your Professional Cookware
Before use, hand wash using hot, soapy water and a nonabrasive sponge or cloth.
Medium to medium-high heat settings are recommended for most recipes. High heat should
be reserved for stir-frying, boiling, or reducing liquids.
The need for nonstick sprays is reduced when cooking with our Professional Cookware. For maximum durability of the Dupont™ Autograph® coating, use of nylon, bamboo or wood utensils is recommended to prevent marring of the interior surface. Avoid using knives or other sharp metal objects in hard-anodized cookware.
...it goes on, but I need to stop.It says the need for such sprays is reduced. Not, using such sprays will void the warranty. I believe HO is right to refuse cookware that was abused - as long as they honor the warranty that came in the box at the time of purchase. __________________

I have to agree with you Chantelle. It bugs me that they change the warranty after people have purchased them and won't honor the original terms. Thankfully, it doesn't crop up that often, but it is an issue.

Interesting!!! I was just a customer, not a consultant ... so I don't remember what had lifetime warranties a few years back. I just knew what I loved!!! I have the old red, white & blue twixit clips. Never had one break, but I wonder if they are under the lifetime warranty?

I have 2 of the old self sharpening knives too!

I have an overflowing plastic shoe box full of use and cares. The one for the Professional 4-Piece Set with bonus nylon tool set dated 2000 says regarding non-stick sprays:

The need for nonstick cooking spray is reduced when cooking with our Professional Cookware.

bethcooks4u said:
I have an overflowing plastic shoe box full of use and cares. The one for the Professional 4-Piece Set with bonus nylon tool set dated 2000 says regarding non-stick sprays:

Thanks Beth!!! I knew one of you would still have it:D

1. What materials are used to make Pampered Chef Professional Cookware?

Our Professional Cookware is made from high-quality stainless steel and aluminum, providing even heat distribution and durability.

2. Is Pampered Chef Professional Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, our Professional Cookware can be safely washed in the dishwasher. However, hand washing is recommended for best results.

3. Can I use metal utensils with Pampered Chef Professional Cookware?

Yes, our cookware is designed to withstand the use of metal utensils. However, using silicone or wooden utensils can help prolong the life of the cookware.

4. What is the difference between the Professional and Nonstick lines of cookware?

Our Professional Cookware is made with stainless steel and aluminum, while our Nonstick Cookware has a nonstick coating for easy food release. Both lines are designed for durability and even heat distribution.

5. Is Pampered Chef Professional Cookware oven safe?

Yes, our Professional Cookware can safely be used in the oven up to 500°F. Please note that the lids are not oven safe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • dannyzmom