• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help a Distressed Customer Find Their Stoneware Receipt!

In summary, the customer is out of luck because she can't find her purchase from a few years ago and doesn't have a receipt that includes all the information needed to solve the problem.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have been going out of my way to try to help a customer whose friend presented me with two of her stones at a recent show.

Although she has a receipt for the stoneware purchase, she seems to be a bit fuzzy on the name of the consultant. She knows the party was hosted by her cousin, who has worked with several consultants over the years.

Here's the problem ... I have spent HOURS on the phone with HO trying to get her pie plate replaced. They are unable to find it in the system under her name. Her cousin's name is so common that they are unable to find it either. They suggested that we cross-reference it with others who attended the party. No dice.

She is willing to purchase the stone now, since she needs it in time for the holidays. Her cousin is out of town so she can't be much help.

I want to do what I can for her, but bottom line is that I didn't sell the stone and can't track it down. I'm willing to sell her a stone at a discount ... but if I don't put it under somebody else's name, we'd have the same problem as before. ... a warranty HO can't track down.

She is out of work, so I hate to see her buy something HO will replace for free.

Any suggestions? We are both at the end of our ropes.

Well, since you have gone above and beyond in trying to help her I would just have her purchase another stone from you (now since its on sale) and make sure she holds on to the reciept -

I tell each and every customer to hold on to the reciept - just as you would a major purchase - it comes with a warranty/guarantee - without the reciept, you are asking for a problem

DI - you can't take the personal lives of your customers too personal - you have done all you can customer service wise - help her get what she needs at the best rate and move on.....(ok please no one attack me - thats just my mind -)

I had this happen with a new customer of mine who bought some cookware from "someone" a few years ago! Didn't narrow it down too far. I called HO several times. Then, the guy at HO told me to please have the customer call. He kept coming up with questions that I did not have the answer to. He was super nice about it and pointed out that after 4 calls to HO, the customer should call and they would assist her. I was reluctant to tell her, but she was great about it. She did lose the receipt. I would have her call. She probably won't mind. You really have gone above and beyond.

I had a lady today come to a show and tell me her stone broke. She doesn't know the consultant she got it from and doesn't know when but is sure it was less then 3 years ago. She has lost the receipt. I told her very nicely to call HO and they would help her out. I always try to help customers out but sometimes it is just easier and more professional to have HO deal with it. I think you have gone above and beyond!

I agree! (with everyone). You've done what you can.

Well, that's the problem ... her stone is NOT on sale since it's a pie plate and they only come in glazed. And she DOES have a receipt, but it is missing crucial pieces of information ... the consultant's name, show number, consultant ID, etc. If anything, this is a lesson to give my customers COMPLETE receipts.Since HO is unable to find this stone purchased by her for that price (they are showing one purchased in 2001, when the price was different than what's on her receipt) my guess is the consultant gave her a receipt in her name, but then went and combined her with another order, or another show. Of course, the name of the consultant doesn't match up either, but the rep at HO thinks maybe the consultant we're looking for is Melissa and not Lynn.Anyway ... I am going to give her ONE LAST CHANCE to give me EVERY SPECK of info on that receipt, including dates, names, item numbers, any ID for the consultant at all ... and hope I can track it down because I hate to see her pay for what HO will replace for free. And then give her a discount on a stone and a VALID receipt and instruct her to keep it under her silverware drawer.

Just a piece of advice for next time, I always just give the customers that I don't know who bring an item to a show wanting me to do something about it HO's number. I refuse to play middle man because I'm busy enough already!

I'm busy enough too ... check out the latest ....The woman has a receipt in hand, dated for 1/06 ... the same month her cousin had a party with a DIFFERENT consultant. Apparently she had TWO during the same month.HO is unable to find a record of the sale.I directed her to call HO ... if they will not honor it I offered to give her a 20 percent discount. She said that being out of work, she really can't afford it and wants to know if I can give her 50 percent off. Honestly, there is no way I can do that without giving up 100 percent of my commission, and that's after all the calls, cel phone minute overcharges, etc.How much is too much to give?

I think you have gone far above and beyond your "duty" of helping this customer out. You are being very generous and offering her a 20% discount on an item that is not even on sale. I personally wouldn't give it to her at 50% off. But that is me. :)

At some point she has to give some also. I understand that she is unemployed right now, so maybe she can ask someone to get it for her for an early Christmas present.

Well, I e-mailed the customer telling her I could only give her 20 percent off. She left me a very snarky voice mail upset that after weeks of this, they still refused to replace her stone. She claimed she tried to call the solution center.

Sooooo ... a day later, I called HO. They did NOT offer me a callback, so I waited on hold .. and waited. .. and waited FOR TWO HOURS.

FINALLY I reached a helpful solution center rep who in the end, chose to believe that I had a customer holding a receipt dated for Jan. 2006. So he FINALLY gave me a reference number. And in the midst of that, there was a medical emergency at my home!

I hope this woman is happy. I have invested cel phone minutes and hours of my time and am getting nothing but a small check to offset shipping costs. Honestly, I'm not sure I want to deal with her ever again ...

You really did go above and beyond. I really hope she was being honest with you in all this, but asking for 50% for a stone that she couldn't find the receipt for from a consultant that didn't even sell the stone and would not get reimbursed if she did it was asking a bit much! Glad HO finally decided to replace it. Maybe all your calls and her complaints convinced them to help!

Well, she DID have the receipt ... the problem was with the computer system at HO.

My personal opinion is that the consultant did something shady. Perhaps she sold her the stone out of her cash and carry. Perhaps she combined her with another show. Or perhaps there was some sort of exchange for which there was no record.

Anyway, I had fun breaking the pie plate and so only 2 little pieces are going to HO on her behalf. I am convincing myself that they don't contribute significantly to the weight of the box of 10 other returns I am sending to HO!

I find it appalling that this customer would want YOU to give her a FIFTY PERCENT discount on something that you did not sell her.
You definitely went above what you could have done. I have learned many lessons over the years, still learning them, and I agree w/ another post that if someone I don't know comes to a show w/ a problem about something that I didn't sell them I give them HO number. I DO NOT handle returns of any sort. It is too much hassle. And, it even states on the receipt that WE as consultants are not to do returns. I just reference that if someone gives me a hard time.

I hope you don't have to deal w/ this person again. Since you got a reference number, I hope you gave it to this person and told them from here on out if there are any problems that they are to take this number and deal w/ HO themselves.

chefsteph07 said:
I find it appalling that this customer would want YOU to give her a FIFTY PERCENT discount on something that you did not sell her.
You definitely went above what you could have done. I have learned many lessons over the years, still learning them, and I agree w/ another post that if someone I don't know comes to a show w/ a problem about something that I didn't sell them I give them HO number. I DO NOT handle returns of any sort. It is too much hassle. And, it even states on the receipt that WE as consultants are not to do returns. I just reference that if someone gives me a hard time.

I hope you don't have to deal w/ this person again. Since you got a reference number, I hope you gave it to this person and told them from here on out if there are any problems that they are to take this number and deal w/ HO themselves.
It no longer states that on the receipt. it gives them instructions to do the return and does not suggest they contact us at all but they took out the statement that we aren't to do it.:grumpy:

Oh man, I didn't know that...I wonder why they did that!!!

Did you tell the woman that if you gave her 50% off, it would come out of your pocket! What nerve! I'm glad that you were able to get things figured out for her.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I have been going out of my way to try to help a customer whose friend presented me with two of her stones at a recent show.

Although she has a receipt for the stoneware purchase, she seems to be a bit fuzzy on the name of the consultant. She knows the party was hosted by her cousin, who has worked with several consultants over the years.

Here's the problem ... I have spent HOURS on the phone with HO trying to get her pie plate replaced. They are unable to find it in the system under her name. Her cousin's name is so common that they are unable to find it either. They suggested that we cross-reference it with others who attended the party. No dice.

She is willing to purchase the stone now, since she needs it in time for the holidays. Her cousin is out of town so she can't be much help.

I want to do what I can for her, but bottom line is that I didn't sell the stone and can't track it down. I'm willing to sell her a stone at a discount ... but if I don't put it under somebody else's name, we'd have the same problem as before. ... a warranty HO can't track down.

She is out of work, so I hate to see her buy something HO will replace for free.

Any suggestions? We are both at the end of our ropes.

I'm confused. If she has a receipt, what's problem? Is is a write-in one and the consultant didn't write her info on it?

Related to Help a Distressed Customer Find Their Stoneware Receipt!

1. How can I obtain a copy of my stoneware receipt?

Customers can easily obtain a copy of their stoneware receipt by logging into their Pampered Chef account and accessing their order history. If you do not have an account, you can contact our customer service team and they will be happy to assist you in retrieving your receipt.

2. I cannot find my stoneware receipt, can I still receive a replacement?

Yes, we understand that receipts can be misplaced or lost. As long as you have proof of purchase, such as a credit card statement or email confirmation, our customer service team can process a replacement for you.

3. How long do I have to request a replacement for my stoneware?

We have a 3-year warranty on all of our stoneware products. If your stoneware is damaged or cracked within 3 years of the purchase date, you can request a replacement. However, we recommend reaching out to us as soon as you notice any damage to ensure a timely replacement.

4. Can I exchange my stoneware for a different product?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for stoneware products. However, we are happy to provide you with a replacement if your stoneware is damaged or faulty.

5. Will I need to pay for shipping if I request a replacement for my stoneware?

No, we cover the cost of shipping for any replacements or refunds for damaged or faulty stoneware products. Our priority is to ensure our customers are satisfied with their purchases and we want to make the process as easy as possible for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • hselby87
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chefgirl2
  • kcjodih