• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making a Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart for a show?

In summary, the author offers a recipe for chocolate doo-hicks that is easy and fun to make. She recommends making them prior to the tart so they are set, and recommends using the ziplock bag measure all to assure accuracy. She also offers a warning about over cooking the pie crust.
jenoz
I was thinking of making this for a show next weekend that will have lots of my dh's family so want to impresss! This is only my 5th show ever.. Has anyone done this at a show. I was wondering if I should do the chocolate drizzle decoration first and give it a chance to cool then do the tart??? Also could you use the decorator bottle w/writing tip to do the drizzle or can you not put warm/hot things in that bottle- wasn't sure? I am also going to bring the sticky caramel cakes but done except for decorating with sauce...

Also I was going to try out for the first time the Queen of Shoppers Game. Do you usually do this at the beginning or end of show? I was thinking near the beginning to get people in a fun mood and flipping through catalog....

Thanks for your help!:)

I am featuring this recipe at all my September shows. I've decided this month to just offer one recipe. I haven't demoed it yet, but I've made it at home a couple of times - today in fact. Today I did the drizzle decorations. I think I will probably make these prior to making the tart - to assure they are good and set when the tart is ready. Using the ziplock bag in the measure all is a great tip - VERY EASY!!You will impress with this recipe - it's so easy, but looks difficult. I made this for a group from church - they were very impressed. It's so delicious!! I've used the queen of shoppers many times - Everybody loves it and has a great time. I sometimes use this at the beginning to get them to open the catalogs - A great icebreaker.Good luck and enjoy!!

Fun & Easy!When I first saw this recipe, I didn't think it would be one I offered. But we tried it to night at our Cluster meeting and it was great! We took turns making the chocolate doo-hickys ;) and had a lot of fun! This is a quick & easy recipe...but don't forget the ice cream!:)

Question - I'm not a good crust pincher =) How do I pinch the edges without getting my fingers in the chocolate?

I haven't had any trouble keeping my fingers out of the chocolate. Be sure you're keeping the chocolate mixture about an inch from the edge of the pie crust. Then you just fold it upward after placing the lattice.s

I'm doing this recipe in Nov. Is it easy? I'm sure its delicious. Any tips?

I didn't like this recipe. It's super easy but it just had too much of a pie crust taste for me. I didnt' have the icecream. If you do it I recommend doing the icecream with it because we all know icecream fixes everything! :)

I made this and it was easy. Just make sure you do not over cook it. I let me cook until it got a dark golden brown and the crust was to hard. I think b/c when you roll it out the crust gets thinner that it is easy to over cook. It had a great taste to it though.

This was my recipe for September and I've done it a couple times this month at my shows. Everyone loves it and I have everyone help make it that way they see how easy it is.

My mom said this was one of her favorite PC recipes. It was super easy & really good-but it does need ice cream or it tends to be too dry. Probably the pie crust. I think it definitely looks impressive.

Okay I made a big mistake at one of my shows making this b/c I got to talking... I left out the egg and 1 tsp. of the corn syrup and it wasn't as runny and tasted really good! I honestly don't think you can mess this recipe up
Melissa

mom2leelee said:
I didn't like this recipe. It's super easy but it just had too much of a pie crust taste for me. I didnt' have the icecream. If you do it I recommend doing the icecream with it because we all know icecream fixes everything! :)

I didnt like it either. Also it wasnt what I had expected. I'll never make it again.:eek:

hmmmmmmmmm ok . .I'll have to try this and see what i think. My show is next friday, going away this weekend to do another show.

thank you

My family and I didn't care much for this either .. and we usually love chocolate things

I have made this at all my shows in September and October and 2 of my new consultants have also been doing this recipe. We have never had anyone say they didn't like it. I also add fresh grated nutmeg ( just a little-very strong) using the micro-plane and white chocolate almond cake frosting drizzled over it after baking using the decorator bottles. This gets a couple more items in and boosts flavor.

I've made this a few times and it's easy & a big hit. My husband LOVES it and he's not a big chocolate fan. He likes pies more, so maybe that's why...the pie crust taste you mention. It does need ice cream or whipped topping though. It's very easy and looks/tastes good. I think it's a good one to demo.
Good Luck!
Joanne

I made this as one of the recipes for my Fall Kick-Off Open House, and had everyone rate the recipes - out of 6 recipes, this was the least favorite! I didn't care for it much either (and I love chocolate), but my husband ate all of the leftovers! I decided not to use it as a demo recipe - I want something with a WOW factor, and this just didn't seem to be it!

Ok - now I want to know WHAT was No.1?? You can't leave me hanging like that....:eek:
Joanne

I did this for a group of friends that came over, and for a Sept. show. All liked it.

I skipped the drizzle designs though. I'm not to that level yet!

I made it for our cluster meeting and I didn't care for it, but my director said she made it for a show and that it was much better since it was warm. Maybe I'll try it again and eat it right away.

I have done this recipe at a couple of shows, and I took it in to work for everyone to share. I love it and so has everyone who has tried it. The one tip I would share is to make sure that after you pour the filling into the middle, work very quickly to place the lattice over the top and seal the edges. The filling spreads out fairly quickly, and if you get to talking, it gets too close to the edge and is very hard to keep from overflowing the edges. Make sure the lattice pieces are cut before pouring the filling onto the crust.
I think it is really beautiful and impressive looking. Also, if you cut it into "diamond" shapes rather than "pizza" slices, everyone can get the pieces they want--crust or no crust....and most everyone will come back for more!

I cut mine into squares like the Rustic Focaccia. Made 16 pcs, enough for all. And yes, it is best warm!

What ingredients are needed to make the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart?

The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart requires 1 pre-made pie crust, 1 cup of chopped pecans, 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, 1/2 cup of corn syrup, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.

How do I make the lattice design on top of the tart?

To create the lattice design, cut the second pie crust into thin strips and weave them over the top of the filling in a criss-cross pattern. Brush the strips with an egg wash before baking for a shiny finish.

Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?

Yes, you can substitute the pecans with walnuts, almonds, or hazelnuts. You can also mix different types of nuts for a unique flavor.

What is the best way to store the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart?

The tart can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh.

Can I make this tart ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tart ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to serve. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • angmillar
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • heat123