• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Fondue Dilemma: What to Make for Thursday Night Show?

I think this would be a great suggestion for her!The Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue is so easy to make and you can show people how easy it is to clean the pan with a wipe of paper. This is a great suggestion for the hostess.
blondeinpcola
I have a show thursday night and the host says she had a "Chocolate Fondue" at her last show and she would really like to do it again. Any ideas?? I'm not even sure what I could do the fondue in...what tools would I show...Do you think I should just make a Chocolate Trifle?

She'd also like me to make a Taco Ring...which is NO PROBLEM...very easy!!

I'm think I may have the Taco Ring cooking as guests show up and have pre-prepped all the veggie toppings....Then prepare a Chocolate Trifle for them while they eat the Taco Ring.

If she doesn't want the Chocolate Trifle...anyone have any other ideas...

HELP!!!
:confused:

I would suggest the trifle because we don't carry the fondue products anymore. The trifle would increase her sales and thus increase her free products!

I agree with pushing the trifle, but if she's really set on a fondue, you could make the cool and creamy chocolate fondue from the cover of All The Best (it is oh so good!). You could serve it in the rectangle or sectional Chillzanne platters to promote the June special...

Thanks ladies...I'll really try to push the Trifle but if she's stuck on the fondue the Cool & Creamy Fondue might work...is it is easy to make?? I've not made the Fondue before.

Fondue is very easy to make and there are lots of recipes.

Melt chocolate and a little milk/cream in the microcooker and then serve in one of the SA bowls.

She could be talking about the Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue on the cover of All The Best. SOOO easy!

3/4 cup chocolate chips
8 oz. cool whip
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine chocolate and half of the cool whip in batter bowl and microwave 1 minute. Stir to finish melting chocolate and blend. Stir in rest of cool whip, cinnamon and vanilla. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve with cinnamon chips or fruit (strawberries are perfect).

That's the one. It's so good!!

I did a $1,400 show last year where all I made was the cool and creamy chocolate fondue. I didn't even make the cinnamon chips to go with it! We served it in Simple Additions with fresh apple wedges, bananas and strawberries. I had everyone tell what their favorite PC item was and then they had to sell it to everyone. (These people were familiar to PC so it helped). Putting the Fondue in the Chillzane Server is a GREAT idea!

Also if you are doing 2 recipes (they both are pretty involved) it might drag out your show. I agree with you - about if you are doing the Taco Ring to have it in the oven when they come in and just demo the toppings. If she'll settle for the Trifle, have most of the toppings done for the taco ring or most of the trifle ready to go. Another plus for going with the fondue is that it is so easy, it is like magic and compliments the whole mexican Fiesta theme.

If you really want to show the Trifle Dish and she wants her way, then just bring it empty. Paint a word picture and offer to demo it with a Taste of the Tropics show or Death by chocolate show as one of your choices for upcoming themes. You will have people falling all over themselves to have you do demo it for their show. If you demo it now, some might be reluctant to do the same show since some of their friends have already seen it.

When it comes down to it you are not a caterer for your hostess. But, if she really wants the fondue then I suggest making her happy and work on bookings with the Trifle.

Good luck, and let us know what she says!

Thanks Elaine for all the great tips and ideas....We actually had the Taco Ring at the show she booked from and everyone enjoyed it so much....so I guess that's why she wants it again!

I think I'll give her the options and see what she wants to do...I'm not even sure if the Cool & Creamy Fondue is the one she was talking about...I sold 3 Trifle bowls at my last show with a Tropical Trifle (it was a Taste of the Tropic show)...seeing that the Trifle Bowl is the Host Special this month I thought she might like to see it in "action".

Who knows...sometimes hosts are hard to please!! :)

Thanks again for all the fantastic ideas and tips!

I make a quick fondue in my 8in skillet. I can eveaporated milk, 1 bag chocolate chips. melt chips then slowly stir in the evaporated milk. It's yummy, and you can show how easy the pans are to clean with a wipe of paper towel. Practice at home first...It took me a couple of tries to get it just right. Then serve it in SA small bowl.

BethCooks4U said:
She could be talking about the Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue on the cover of All The Best. SOOO easy!

3/4 cup chocolate chips
8 oz. cool whip
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine chocolate and half of the cool whip in batter bowl and microwave 1 minute. Stir to finish melting chocolate and blend. Stir in rest of cool whip, cinnamon and vanilla. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve with cinnamon chips or fruit (strawberries are perfect).

cut the cinnamon and vanilla in half....they are VERY overpowering!!!! The first time I made this it was tooo much. next time I cut them in half and PERFECTION!!!

1. What are the ingredients needed for the chocolate fondue?

The ingredients needed for the chocolate fondue are 8 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate, 1/3 cup of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of butter, and your choice of fruits, marshmallows, or cookies for dipping.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the fondue?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer. However, keep in mind that the flavor and texture may differ from the original recipe.

3. How long does it take to make the chocolate fondue?

The chocolate fondue can be made in just 15 minutes. It is a quick and easy dessert option for a Thursday night show.

4. Can I make the fondue ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the fondue ahead of time and reheat it before serving. However, it is best to consume it within 24 hours for optimal freshness.

5. Can I use a microwave to make the chocolate fondue?

Yes, you can use a microwave to make the chocolate fondue. Simply heat the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
Sooner PC
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies