• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Taffy Apple Tarts: Tips and Tricks for Easy and Delicious Results

In summary, the conversation was about making delicious tarts, using a tip to easily remove them from the pan, and using Kraft caramel bits instead of individually wrapped caramels. The speaker also shared a tip about involving kids in the cooking process and a warning about a difficult squeeze bottle of butterscotch.
Jenni
I made them today after having them at my cluster meeting last week. These little guys are yummy! The girl who made them at my cluster meeting said she felt very ungraceful taking them out of the tart pan (hot & got messy) and was concerned about doing this in front of people... my hospitality Director said to use the orange peeler to pop them out worked like a charm.So easy!! Also instead of buy the wrapped caramels I got Kraft caramel bits (sold by chocolate chips) putting six chips in each cup in place of the 1/2 of the caramel. I hate unwrapping and the bits were cheaper and will go further. As an added bonus by son liked being in charge of the six chips per cup. Last but not least I bought the squeeze bottle of butterscotch thinking it would be a time saver... NOT GOOD! I had to squeeze so hard to get it out that the first few looked messy not drizzled, I ended up putting it in a a ziplock. Thats all I got~ :p

Thanks for sharing that! I don't like Kraft caramels because they are usually very hard and then there's the unwapping like you said. Hershy used to make caramels that were soooo soft & yummy, MUCH better than the Kraft ones. They have been discontinued. :mad:
I like the tip about the little bitty ones. Thanks again!:thumbup:

Hey there! Those tarts sound delicious! I'm glad you were able to find a solution for getting them out of the pan without making a mess. And using the caramel bits instead of unwrapping individual caramels is a great idea. It's always nice to involve kids in the cooking process, and it sounds like your son had fun with the chips. Thanks for the heads up about the squeeze bottle of butterscotch, I'll definitely keep that in mind. Happy baking!

Q: How do I make a taffy apple tart using Pampered Chef products?

A: To make a taffy apple tart with Pampered Chef products, you will need our Round Stone Baking Pan, our Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer, and our Mix 'N Scraper. First, preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, peel, core, and slice 4-5 apples using our apple peeler. Place the sliced apples in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and mix well. Roll out a sheet of refrigerated pie crust onto our Round Stone Baking Pan, leaving a 1-inch border. Spoon the apple mixture onto the crust, leaving the border uncovered. Fold the edges of the crust over the filling, leaving the center open. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve with homemade taffy sauce on top.

Q: How do I make taffy sauce for my taffy apple tart?

A: To make taffy sauce for your taffy apple tart, you will need 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, and heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let the sauce cool for a few minutes before drizzling it over your taffy apple tart.

Q: Can I make a taffy apple tart without using refrigerated pie crust?

A: Yes, you can make a taffy apple tart without using refrigerated pie crust. Instead, you can use our Deep Dish Pie Plate and our Pastry Blender. To make the crust, combine 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 cup of cold butter in our Deep Dish Pie Plate. Use our Pastry Blender to cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add 3-4 tablespoons of cold water, mixing until the dough comes together. Roll out the dough onto a floured surface, then transfer it to our Deep Dish Pie Plate. Add the apple mixture and fold the edges of the crust over the filling. Bake as directed in the previous question.

Q: Can I use a different type of apple for my taffy apple tart?

A: Yes, you can use any type of apple for your taffy apple tart. However, some apples work better than others. For a firmer, tart flavor, use Granny Smith apples. For a sweeter, softer texture, use Honeycrisp or Gala apples. You can also mix different types of apples for a more complex flavor profile.

Q: How do I clean my Pampered Chef products after making a taffy apple tart?

A: To clean your Pampered Chef products after making a taffy apple tart, wash them with warm, soapy water and a soft sponge. If there are any stubborn stains or residue, you can use our Kitchen Spritzer and a Paper Towel to clean them. For our stoneware products, do not use soap or detergent as it can be absorbed into the stone. Instead, use our Stoneware Cleaning Scraper and warm water to clean them. Let all products air dry before storing them away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • Anne
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • stayinathomemama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies