• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grey Hair Before 30? I Blame My DH and Kids!

In summary, the participants in the conversation discussed the age at which they started getting grey hair, with responses ranging from early 20s to late 30s. Some blamed their spouses and children, while others saw it as a natural part of aging. Some chose to dye their hair, while others embraced their grey hair as "nature's highlights."
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Do you have grey hair?

I am only 29 years old and have 2 strands (maybe 3) of grey offenders. How old were you when they came? I am too young for this! I blame my DH and kids. (although I did hear that was a myth).

mine are white
blend in with the blonde :)

heather9892 said:
mine are white
blend in with the blonde :)

How old when you got your first ones?

Christ Follower said:
How old when you got your first ones?

you want me to remember THAT far back :eek:
boy u dont ask for much do you? lol

honestly cant remember but i would gather a guess of sometime in my 30's

At age 39 - yes I have grey hair (and I get it colored!) - I think my hair started getting a strand of grey here and there probably about 10 years ago but I didn't really start to color until maybe 7 years ago. Luckily my sister in law is a hairdresser and does a great job with it. Since I have brown hair - there's no way to conceal it otherwise!

Late 20's for me... by then I was dealing with my own ex, my DH's ex (no small task there) and him going to court, being threatened with jail and legal bills and a declining money situation... yeah, I've got greys and own each one of 'em proudly. I've gone through hell and back and they're my badge of honor and courage in getting through all of it. I do not dye them nor do I hide them. I love the way my mom's hair has peppered in and hope for the same effect. I think of her hair as coffee with sugar and cream being added in each year... my hair's not as dark brown as hers and has a variety of highlights and the grey is like a sprinkling of snow flurries on a pile of autumn leaves...

I got mine when I was in my early 20's maybe a few even before that. Now I have this annoying grey streak that is on the top of my head, usually where my part is... so it is very noticable. Apparantly it is in my genes, thanks grandma;P oh and did I mention i'm 27??

i've tried to dye them, it doesn't work they are right back to the way they were in just a few days... when I was in the dating scene I would use a sharpie marker to cover them;)

My DH is 24 and has a lot of gray hair... his started at age 22. It is fleacked through out each side of his head... needless to say he blames me and the kids!!!

lkprescott said:
Late 20's for me... by then I was dealing with my own ex, my DH's ex (no small task there) and him going to court, being threatened with jail and legal bills and a declining money situation... yeah, I've got greys and own each one of 'em proudly.

I've gone through hell and back and they're my badge of honor and courage in getting through all of it. I do not dye them nor do I hide them. I love the way my mom's hair has peppered in and hope for the same effect. I think of her hair as coffee with sugar and cream being added in each year... my hair's not as dark brown as hers and has a variety of highlights and the grey is like a sprinkling of snow flurries on a pile of autumn leaves...

such poetry.....lol.....okay, I feel a little bit better. (my hair is dark brown)

I started going white at about age 24. I am 35 and about 40% white. I am chemically enhanced.

Christ Follower said:
such poetry.....lol.....okay, I feel a little bit better. (my hair is dark brown)

One time my hairdresser asked about dying my hair (I'm sure in response to seeing my *shocking* greys)... she's stopped asking/offering... I just keep thinking to myself (but would never say it out loud and make her feel bad for just doing her job - offering a service SHE thinks I may want/need/enjoy) "No way sister.. not taking MY colorfulness away".

I consider grey hairs (they're turning more into 'streaks now) 'nature's highlights'... heh, I know ladies pay a lot of highlights and here I've got my own for free. LOL... every time I hear that commercial selling "multi-tonal" hair dye I'm like "eh, already have it" okay maybe not in the colors others would choose but works for me! LOL

JaimeQ said:
I got mine when I was in my early 20's maybe a few even before that. Now I have this annoying grey streak that is on the top of my head, usually where my part is... so it is very noticable. Apparantly it is in my genes, thanks grandma;P oh and did I mention i'm 27??

i've tried to dye them, it doesn't work they are right back to the way they were in just a few days... when I was in the dating scene I would use a sharpie marker to cover them;)

You did not!:eek:

I have a bunch, have mom's side of the family to thank, I color most of the time. I have also been though a lot and earned a few then.

missydivine said:
You did not!:eek:

I have a bunch, have mom's side of the family to thank, I color most of the time. I have also been though a lot and earned a few then.

I sure as heck did. lol that was back when I actually cared.. these days i'm like eh who cares, if you don't like it don't look at it.

Answer to Meg's question about recruiting
Originally Posted by chefmeg
Please do share what you managed to do to recruit 16 folks since April!! What one or two things do you attribute that kind of success to?

Okay, proof-positive that the Red Carpet Interviews don't get listened to! (Just kidding, but this was almost the same question I had to answer there :)) What I said at Leadership was a lot shorter and more diplomatic, but here goes:

I honestly don't like the whole 'recruiting thing.' But, I do like being a consultant, and I have no regrets about my decision to become one. After 14 months, I am very comfortable recommending this to anyone.

This is exactly what I say at my shows (minus the comment about recruiting). I simply stop at some point towards the end of my show (or earlier if a guest brings it up), and take a deep pause to signal what I'm about to say is important. I also make eye contact around the group. I'm intentionally very low-key, but very deliberate. I want anyone who is interested to give themselves permission to be interested.

Most of my team were first guests, then hosts, then consultants. When host coaching, I share the same recommendation, so I guess it all kind of builds. (I also averaged 8 shows per month last year, so that's a lot of potential consultants I met.)

During the interview, I tell them to ask any questions they want; I'll answer them fully and truthfully...nothing hidden. It takes the pressure off and makes it easier for them to give themselves permission to really listen. (Honestly, when someone actually hears how risk-free it is, how can they not join?) I think of the 16 consultants that have signed, all but three qualified within 30 days (one 'disappeared' and two are still in their first 30 days).

For the sake of truth in advertising, I am not having the same degree of success sustaining my team. I have several inactive and a few close. My growth to director happened faster than I was really ready for. Between my own show schedule and training new consultants, I didn't adequately prepare my gals for business after the holiday break. I feel like I am only now starting to 'get a clue' (thank you fellow cheffers). I'm now away from most of my team so that is an added challenge I am working to overcome.

I hope this answer helped. I wish I could give you something more concrete and 'actionable', but I think a sincere low key approach does work. It's hard to be a PC consultant and not care about people...let that side show.

-leggy

I have a couple but you can't see them when I color my hair dark red either LOL but they started showing up at 28

Wow!! Most of my recruits have been hosts, but now EVERY guest is fair game too! Thank you!

My gray hair started when I was about 20 (thanks to my father who started aroumd the same time). I have always colored my hair, I may have started earlie because of my father but I didn't get his nice white beautiful grays. I got my mothers corse wirey grays that are nasty. So now that I am 39 and about 50% gray you bet I color it. My mom who is 75 still colors her hair so I have a lot more years sitting in the hair dressers chair.

Christ Follower said:
Do you have grey hair?

I am only 29 years old and have 2 strands (maybe 3) of grey offenders. How old were you when they came? I am too young for this! I blame my DH and kids. (although I did hear that was a myth).

I am 27(will be 28 in less than a month) and I just found my first one the other day...AND I DON'T HAVE A DH OR KIDS TO BLAME IT ON!! LOL.

I have a document in front of me- petitioning me for cost of professional colouring services for my former spouses hair. According to this, the extrodinary stress brought about by the child support, custody, and access arrangements have brought about premature graying which has had a negative impact on his quality of life.
My X wants me to pay him to get his hair done. I will shake my head on this one for a very long time. I am not sure how his lawyer drafted this with a straight face.

friday said:
I have a document in front of me- petitioning me for cost of professional colouring services for my former spouses hair. According to this, the extrodinary stress brought about by the child support, custody, and access arrangements have brought about premature graying which has had a negative impact on his quality of life.
My X wants me to pay him to get his hair done. I will shake my head on this one for a very long time. I am not sure how his lawyer drafted this with a straight face.

Friday I am sorry but this had me LOL...thank you for sharing...it made me laugh hysterically...my sister (not Gretchen) thought that I was going crazy because I was laughing so hard....

michelled said:
My gray hair started when I was about 20 (thanks to my father who started aroumd the same time). I have always colored my hair, I may have started earlie because of my father but I didn't get his nice white beautiful grays. I got my mothers corse wirey grays that are nasty. So now that I am 39 and about 50% gray you bet I color it. My mom who is 75 still colors her hair so I have a lot more years sitting in the hair dressers chair.

I don't know how early my mom started to gray...but when I get too many I am sure that I will start to color it...let me tell you all this...my mom colors her hair and it takes YEARS off of her...her sister who is 2 years younger than her does not color her hair looks AT LEAST 10 years older than my mom.

friday said:

You have GOT to be kidding me!!!

friday said:

This is funny! Next he will want you to pay for his nail care too . . . he might bite then and now they are causing a negative impact on his quality of life.

I'm 26 and only have one white one so far (crossing fingers). I would hate to have to pay for hair coloring since it's so pricey but there's no way I'm going gray without a fight. DH has more than a few that peek thru his black hair (he's 27 - so old!).

friday said:

Oh... my.... I can't believe that lawyer would even draft such a letter but then again, he got paid, so what does he care... Ugh.

Related to Grey Hair Before 30? I Blame My DH and Kids!

What is "Grey Hair Before 30? I Blame My DH and Kids!" about?

"Grey Hair Before 30? I Blame My DH and Kids!" is a humorous blog post written by a working mom who shares her experience of prematurely greying hair and jokingly blames her husband and kids for causing her stress.

Why is this blog post popular among Pampered Chef customers?

This blog post resonates with Pampered Chef customers because they can relate to the stress and busy lifestyle of being a working parent. Many of them also appreciate the humor and lightheartedness of the post.

Is this blog post meant to be taken seriously?

No, this blog post is meant to be a fun and relatable read. The author is not actually blaming her family for her grey hair and is simply using humor to cope with the situation.

Does Pampered Chef offer any products to help with stress and self-care?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can help with stress and self-care, such as our line of aromatherapy oils, our relaxation collection, and our line of cookware and kitchen tools that make meal prep easier and less stressful.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant or by shopping online on our website. You can also host a virtual or in-person cooking party to earn free and discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies