• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Team to Give Me Their Show Dates

In summary, the director is having a hard time getting her team to provide her with show dates. She has tried contests, challenges, and draws, but they all fail. At each meeting, she brings a Cluster Contact Calendar sheet to track the number of shows their team has. If they have a show on the date, they get a piece of candy. Once they have three, they stand up and yell "Bingo!" When they have four, they get a prize. To win, they must have four live shows on their calendar. This idea was borrowed from the NED.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I am a new director and I'm having a heck of a time getting my team to keep me updated on their show dates. I have a small team so I need to track the # of shows so I'm sure we'll have enough to hit our sales goals each month.

Any ideas for how I can get them to do this? Contests / challenges / draws don't seem to work...

At each meeting I bring the Cluster Contact Calendar sheet thing. They put their live shows for the week on the calendar and then we play Booking Bingo at the end of the meeting. I pull a number out of a tin and if they have a show on that date they get a piece of candy. Once they have three, they stand up. When they get four they yell Bingo and get a prize. They have to have 4 live shows on their calendar in order to win.

Great idea. I need to add this to my Director tips book (for when i become a director)

cmdtrgd said:
At each meeting I bring the Cluster Contact Calendar sheet thing. They put their live shows for the week on the calendar and then we play Booking Bingo at the end of the meeting. I pull a number out of a tin and if they have a show on that date they get a piece of candy. Once they have three, they stand up. When they get four they yell Bingo and get a prize. They have to have 4 live shows on their calendar in order to win.
Great idea!!!

cmdtrgd said:

:love: LOVE IT!!:love:

I love this idea - we will try it at next training!

I stole it from my NED! I suggest getting the small or snack size of candies.

Heck, you could do Twixit clips instead of candy if you have people watching their waistline or diabetic or something along those lines.

CalendarI am not a director (not even close) but I would like to be. Anyway I have a laminated calendar for my homeschooling at home and was looking at it thinking it would be cool, since it's a small group, to use this idea.

Get those round sticky dots that you can purchase pretty much anywhere (the ones used to price garage sale items) and assign a color to each consultant. Have them come in to the meetings and place a their corresponding sticky on the dates of their shows. They can also call you to let you know when they get new shows.

Then have a bowl full of dates from 1 - 31 (make sure that month has a 31) and draw a number. The person who wins gets some consultant supplies, or something they would appreciate to help with their businesses. Some catalogs, or postcards. Whatever you can spare.

Also the person with the most bookings gets something, or you can pass out play money and they can cash that in for prizes also. $5 gift cards to starbucks are great too.

Just some ideas! :p

Debbie :D

No matter what I did, even when I offered things, I could NEVER get my team to give me their show dates. They felt like they were being micromanaged and it took the "independence" away.So what I do now is when I'm talking to them I just say, "When's your next show?" and they always respond will all of their upcoming show dates! So I'm still getting the info I need and they don't feel micromanaged.

One big thing might be to remind them to carry their calendars every where with them! I would not know my show dates without my calendar. I carry mine in my catalog tote bag that goes with me every where. They may just not know their dates so they don't want to put them down. At my cluster meetings we get our name tags off a table with a calendar chart next to them. So you pick up your name tag and move down to the calendar to write your dates in.

finley1991 said:
No matter what I did, even when I offered things, I could NEVER get my team to give me their show dates. They felt like they were being micromanaged and it took the "independence" away.

So what I do now is when I'm talking to them I just say, "When's your next show?" and they always respond will all of their upcoming show dates! So I'm still getting the info I need and they don't feel micromanaged.

That's what I'm worried about. I need them to understand that it's important to me and our team - I need to know how many shows we're going to submit so I'm sure we'll make our goals...

Winnipegk said:
That's what I'm worried about. I need them to understand that it's important to me and our team - I need to know how many shows we're going to submit so I'm sure we'll make our goals...

With mine... they didn't care about meeting the numbers. When I would explain it to them, it always came out being about me even though that wasn't my intention. So now with the question I ask, I get the answers I need without any micromanaging or bad feelings.

how about letting them know that if they let you know their dates, you are likely to pass along referrals (you/clusternate are already booked, get sick, etc)

I am going to close a $500 - $600 show because my director, who had a medical emergency, knew my show schedule and that i was free last night. All I had to do was the fun part (the show) and I got 2 bookings from it.

susanr613 said:
how about letting them know that if they let you know their dates, you are likely to pass along referrals (you/clusternate are already booked, get sick, etc)

I am going to close a $500 - $600 show because my director, who had a medical emergency, knew my show schedule and that i was free last night. All I had to do was the fun part (the show) and I got 2 bookings from it.

Hmmm that's a good idea too!

Related to Getting Team to Give Me Their Show Dates

1. How can I motivate my team to give me their show dates?

One way to motivate your team is to offer incentives for booking shows, such as free products or discounts on their own purchases. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a show, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends.

2. What should I do if my team members are hesitant to give me their show dates?

It's important to understand the reasons behind their hesitation. They may be busy or unsure about hosting a show. Take the time to address their concerns and offer support and guidance to help them feel more comfortable booking a show.

3. How often should I remind my team to give me their show dates?

We recommend reminding your team at least once a month to give you their show dates. You can also send out a monthly newsletter or host a team meeting to discuss upcoming shows and encourage them to book their own.

4. Is it okay to follow up multiple times if a team member hasn't given me their show date?

It's important to find a balance between following up and being too pushy. If a team member hasn't given you their show date after a few reminders, try reaching out to them individually to see if they need any assistance or have any concerns.

5. Can I offer my team members help with planning and promoting their shows?

Absolutely! As a team leader, it's important to support your team and help them succeed. You can offer assistance with planning, providing product knowledge, and even helping with promoting their shows on social media or through word of mouth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • otisbg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PC Mom 55