• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Fit Before Volleyball Season: Tips and Tricks for Ladies

In summary, the girls discuss volleyball practice starting Feb. 4, things they can do to get into shape, and the Power Cooking on CrownCombo website. They also talk about new directors and how they're doing.
ddbritt
Hello ladies!

Okay, so here volleyball practice starts Feb. 4. I would like to get into shape as much as I can before it starts.

What are some things that I can do to get into shape??

Thanks for all of your ideas...if I get any! LOL

:cheerleader:GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU BIGGEST LOSER CONTESTANTS!!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

ddbritt said:
Hello ladies!

Okay, so here volleyball practice starts Feb. 4. I would like to get into shape as much as I can before it starts.

What are some things that I can do to get into shape??

Thanks for all of your ideas...if I get any! LOL

:cheerleader:GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU BIGGEST LOSER CONTESTANTS!!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

I guess i didn't see Nikki's thread...50 weight loss tips but i'm not gonna read all that...sorry Nikki! But, if someone could post some on here short and sweet and to the point, that would be great!

Stretching everyday and walking your dog would be a good start.

I would agree with the stretching and walking. If you have stairs in your house run up and down them. I do that when I'm doing laundry.

missydivine said:
I would agree with the stretching and walking. If you have stairs in your house run up and down them. I do that when I'm doing laundry.

No wonder you've lost 4 lbs already!

Walking and light jogging or running.

Christ Follower said:
No wonder you've lost 4 lbs already!

I don't spend all my time running up and down the stairs, it just feels like it.:grumpy:

I wish I had some stairs cause that's what I would be doing.

Christ Follower said:
I wish I had stairs too.

Deff. would make it easier for me to work out at home;)

Hey Brit...you might be to young to remember this..

BUt does anyone else remember the get into shape girl..items that were sold.

I thought this was so cool as a kid...it came with a bunch of exercise stuff and a journal to track what you are doing...now this is what should be brought back.

I'll have to try the stairs thing......................my friend and I are going to be going to our local fitness center almost every tuesday maybe thursday's and we're gonna jog/run kinda thing...it'll be fun, cuz i'm doing it with my best friend.

I'm so excited about my business!!After Leadership, DH mentioned that I definitely seemed very pumped up and I was, but then had some shows cancel/postpone etc. Not enough to bring me down, just discourage me about losing out on the whole double/bonus points. But I finally read the Power Cooking on CC and I am so stoked! I cannot wait to suggest this to my hosts. I know this will do for my business what the 10min pork did - bookings increased and recruit leads too!
Right now my team has been abducted, but I have been actively seeking out new leads outside of my shows and I KNOW that my increased enthusiasm is sure to be contagious at some point. I am just so excited to see what happens this year!!
What's going on with other new directors?

I'm with ya, Amy.let's get 'er done!

ooh, ooh, ooh, I just got my Directors Package!!! Yeeee Haaaw!!! This is so freaking sweet today!! Hope my show tonight is hot too! I'm taking a recruit lead with me too! Can you say AWESOME DAY!!!!:approve::approve:

Mine is coming today! I didn't even notice it when I had checked on the tablecloth - it was entered 1/9!

WOO HOO!! Hopefully it's just what I need to get my act in gear for 2008!

DebbieJ said:
I'm with ya, Amy.

let's get 'er done!

Yeah, that's the way to look at it! I'm aiming for Mexico, and DH is cheering me on. I'm sure when we get back from the cruise he'll really be pumped up too!

OOOH, my Fed Ex guy/gal will be bringing me lots today, then! I should be getting my apron and tablecloth too. Good thing my weekend goal is to clean and organize. I have NO IDEA where I'm going to put this stuff! LOL!!

uh, I know what you mean about where to put it! Sure hope DH doesn't freak about about "another PC box?!?!" :bugeye: But atleast its FREE!! That is my favorite 4-letter word!! :party::party:

My box came and I was able to open it and 'peek' thru the stuff briefly - but the cleaning girls are here right now and I can't spread it all out like I'd like to...argh!!!

dannyzmom said:
My box came and I was able to open it and 'peek' thru the stuff briefly - but the cleaning girls are here right now and I can't spread it all out like I'd like to...argh!!!

oh, I'm so envious as I just finished scrubbing our bathrooms!:sick: Although I can't complain too much as DH usually does it!:p

My stuff is here, my stuff is here!!Can you believe I haven't opened it yet? Well, it's because I'm busy finsihing my chocolate ice cream while I catch up with the boards. Then I'll go open it. :)

DebbieJ said:
My stuff is here, my stuff is here!!

Can you believe I haven't opened it yet? Well, it's because I'm busy finsihing my chocolate ice cream while I catch up with the boards. Then I'll go open it. :)
Whooohooo for you!!! I went home for lunch hoping it was there and NOTHING.... There is still Saturday, keeping hope alive. I could never find the way to see the status on Fed-EX I know ChefANN explained it but I don't see anything.

Speaking of Chocolate did you try that ice-cream that Jean bought for her home office staff at Leadership? Raspberry chocolate chip. To die for!!!

So is my director kit missing something? No samples of the recipe cards or invitation? No 40 free order forms?

I haven't gotten mine and now I'm super jealous! I checked the tracking the back-end way and it doesn't say that I'm getting anything. Was hoping to play today! Maybe my fedex guy will surprise me but usually he's here by now. :(

bethcooks4u said:
So is my director kit missing something? No samples of the recipe cards or invitation? No 40 free order forms?

Beth I went through the paperwork very quickly, but did not see those. We got the cards at Leadership.

DebbieJ said:
Beth I went through the paperwork very quickly, but did not see those. We got the cards at Leadership.

We have always gotten the cards at conference and leadership but they have also traditionally included them in the change over box so everyone has a sample. Maybe they decided since they are doing the theme show binder pages it wasn't necessary to give us those too.

I was so surprised to see mine when I got home yesterday. I thought they were shipping 1/24??? Sooner is always better. I haven't even had a chance to look at anything yet.

I didn't get mine yet... :( I guess since I'm all the way in California mine will come when it's supposed to. Also have a new Fed-Ex guy and he didn't get the key for my gate from the previous person. Grrrr...

I just got my box!!! I got the Mega Scraper too!! I had friends over and they like the green. :)

You should help your Mom around the house with any chores she can think of letting you do . . .

Has anyone bought the biggest looser work out video's?

Related to Get Fit Before Volleyball Season: Tips and Tricks for Ladies

1. How can I get into shape before volleyball season starts?

To get into shape before volleyball season, it's important to focus on both cardiovascular exercise and strength training. You can start by incorporating activities like running, biking, or swimming into your routine to improve your endurance. For strength training, try exercises like squats, lunges, and push-ups to build muscle and improve your overall fitness.

2. What are some good exercises for improving my volleyball skills?

In addition to general fitness exercises, there are specific drills and exercises you can do to improve your volleyball skills. Some examples include practicing your serving technique, setting against a wall, and doing footwork drills. It's also important to work on your hand-eye coordination and reaction time, which can be improved through activities like juggling or playing catch.

3. How can I prevent injuries during volleyball season?

In order to prevent injuries, it's crucial to properly warm up before each practice or game. This can include dynamic stretching, jogging, or jumping jacks. It's also important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. Additionally, make sure to use proper technique when performing volleyball skills and consider wearing protective gear, such as knee pads, to prevent injuries.

4. How should I approach my diet leading up to volleyball season?

Diet is an important aspect of getting into shape for volleyball season. It's important to fuel your body with nutritious foods that will give you energy and help you perform at your best. Aim to eat a balanced diet that includes lean protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

5. Are there any specific stretches I should do for volleyball?

Stretching is important for preventing injuries and improving flexibility, which is crucial for volleyball players. Some stretches that are particularly beneficial for volleyball include shoulder rolls, tricep stretches, and hamstring stretches. It's also a good idea to stretch your calves, quads, and hips, as these areas are used frequently in volleyball.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • Kelly8
  • General Chat
Replies