• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Sheet Pans and Stoneware: A Comparison for Baking Enthusiasts

In summary, sheet pans are made of metal with a smooth, flat surface while stoneware is made of natural clay with a more porous surface. Both sheet pans and stoneware can be used in the oven, but stoneware should not be used under the broiler or at high temperatures. Both can be used for baking cookies, but stoneware may result in more evenly baked cookies. Stoneware does not need to be seasoned like cast iron, but it is recommended to lightly oil before use. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware and instead, silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils should be used.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
OK - Let me start off by saying I KNOW that these are not meant to be compared directly.

I just got a Maytag Gemini Double Oven. We are having our cluster meeting at my house tonight & are wanting to fix the same thing on both a sheet pan & a stone so that we can compare how long each takes, crispness, etc. so that we can be informed on what to tell our customers when the sheet pans come off of STOP SELL.

What would be good to do this with? Crescent Rolls, cookies, pizza? Give me some ideas, ladies!

Thanks!!

I would probably do something you know turns out well on stoneware, like a pizza or something-that way one result is definite! I'm sure both will be great though!! My absolute favorite thing about the stoneware is that it's virtually impossible to burn things! I always forget to set the timer, so when I was using sheet pans we often had rock hard cookies and such, lol

I would do cookies. I heard alot of people say they like the way cookies turn out best on the stoneware. You could also throw in a third batch of cookies on a regular sheet pan to compare all three!

wadesgirl said:
I would do cookies. I heard alot of people say they like the way cookies turn out best on the stoneware. You could also throw in a third batch of cookies on a regular sheet pan to compare all three!

:) I don't even OWN a regular sheet pan!! LOL :D

crystalscookingnow said:
:) I don't even OWN a regular sheet pan!! LOL :D

See if someone who is attending the meeting does! Or ask a neighbor - then give her a taste test and sell her a stone!!;)

What is the difference between sheet pans and stoneware?

Sheet pans are made of metal and have a smooth, flat surface. Stoneware, on the other hand, is made of natural clay and has a more porous surface.

Can I use both sheet pans and stoneware in the oven?

Yes, both sheet pans and stoneware are safe to use in the oven. However, stoneware should not be used under the broiler or at temperatures above 450 degrees Fahrenheit.

Which one is better for baking cookies?

Both sheet pans and stoneware can be used for baking cookies. However, stoneware may result in slightly more evenly baked cookies due to its ability to distribute heat more evenly.

Do I need to season stoneware like cast iron?

No, stoneware does not need to be seasoned like cast iron. However, it is recommended to lightly oil stoneware before each use to prevent food from sticking.

Can I use metal utensils on stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on stoneware as it can scratch the surface. It is best to use silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • chef greta