• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Kansas City: A Weekend of History, Food, and Fun

In summary, Diane and I both enjoyed our weekend in Kansas City. We went to McCormick & Schmicks on Friday night and Starkers Reserve on Saturday. We also ate eggs Benedicts for breakfast two days in a row. The third day, we went to Union Station and the Memorial Museum. We had to leave for supper, but the three hours we were there were not enough. We were very undereducated about WW1, but my husband is interested in war history and he enjoyed looking at everything. It was so well done and the memorial view was marvelous. We didn't do the heights at the memorial so we can't help with the artery
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hey all.... our weekend in Kansas City was wonderful! McCormick & Schmicks on Friday night, Starkers Reserve on Sat ..Eggs Benedicts two days in a row for breakfast. .spoiled rotten I was! I couldn't sleep in but I did get some naps in. Bill had to go to his training on Sat AM so I got to explore the Plaza and then catch another snooze. We went to Union Station (thanks KG) which was all decked out for Christmas... what a beautiful building! and the new WW1 Museum at the memorial. THAT was one of the best memorials I've been to in a very long time. We had to leave to get back in time for supper but the 3 + hours we were there were not enough. I was very undereducated abut WW1 and my DH LOVES war history ... he likes looking at everything and I wanted to read everything... we moved rather slowly! It's so well done and what a marvelous view from the memorial! I don't do heights so I didn't go up to the top and Bill had hoped to but we spent too much time with the marvelous volunteer in Memory Hall listening to info and asking questions. It's a beautiful city. Three separate wedding parties came for photos just while we were outside. I had forgotten how much I love the rolling hills. I've been living in flat land too long I guess. The newly renovated hotel had great rythym ... (that's for those of you who were involved in an earlier conversation!) The band in the lounge on Sat. night was SO great ... Anyway... we are home and back to reality ... laundry, kids and real life. No eggs benedict today!

welcome back!

It's just as well you're not doing the eggs Benedict...that weird sound you're hearing is your arteries slamming shut.All joking aside, I'm glad you had a great time! There is so much more to see next time you go back there.

Well that sounds fun! Welcome Back.

Thanks! And I know KG... but it was SO good... I had fresh Asparagas with EVERY meal it seems... including the breakfast... and I had fresh Raspberries for dessert... will that aleviate the artery slamming at all? I guess the whole wheat toast won't help much either .. .oh well... it was WORTH it! I'll have to exercise even more! If they pay to send us back there... I'll get a new list from you KG so we can explore some more!

I'm from/in the KC area...........glad you enjoyed it!! I love to go to Union Station. We usually go a few times a year. We usually go down to the plaza and Union Station between Thanksgiving and Christmas to see the lights and decor. Hope you get to come back sometime!

-E

I should just move to KC and go to work for the travel and tourism office!

I'm not sure but I'm thinking that you, KG, could be the tourism official for LOTS of different cities! :) If we get to go back... I'll contact both you and Erin! We stayed at the newly renovated Intercontinental ... it was beautiful... they have a few kinks to work out as with any new place opening/reopening but the people were super and meeting areas were fabulous.

This makes me more excited to go home to KC for Thanksgiving. Although, I hear it will be very cold when we get there!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

I was wishing the meetings were like 2 weeks later so that I could have seen the Plaza lights... but I had a ball anyway! It was SUCH nice weather... I didn't even wear my coat but everyone told me this was unusual.

After being in KC a few years ago when it was 105° and my feet sank into asphalt paving of the hotel parking lot, it's tough to think of KC as ever being cold.Diane, I just like visiting places and seeing what's what. Last month, I even liked staying in Wheeling, WV for two weeks. Like you being in KC too early for the lights at the Plaza, I left Wheeling before the Festival of Lights started at Oglebay Park.

Trish1953 said:
This makes me more excited to go home to KC for Thanksgiving. Although, I hear it will be very cold when we get there!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Yes, here in KS....yesterday the high was 85---tomorrow it's not supposed to get out of the 30's:cry: Crazy weather here...

Glad you had fun Diane!

Related to Exploring Kansas City: A Weekend of History, Food, and Fun

1. What historical sites should I visit during my weekend in Kansas City?

Kansas City offers a rich history with many notable sites to visit. Some popular choices include the National World War I Museum and Memorial, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and the Arabia Steamboat Museum.

2. What are some must-try local dishes in Kansas City?

Kansas City is known for its delicious barbecue, so be sure to try some famous Kansas City-style ribs or brisket. Other local dishes to try include burnt ends, fried chicken, and Kansas City-style chili.

3. Are there any food tours or cooking classes available during my visit to Kansas City?

Yes, there are several food tours and cooking classes available in Kansas City. Some popular options include the Taste of Kansas City Food Tour and the Kansas City Barbecue Tour. You can also check out cooking classes at the Culinary Center of Kansas City.

4. What are some fun activities to do in Kansas City besides eating and sightseeing?

Kansas City has plenty of fun activities to offer. You can catch a game at the iconic Kauffman Stadium, visit the Kansas City Zoo, or explore the vibrant Westport neighborhood for shopping and entertainment.

5. Is it necessary to rent a car for getting around Kansas City?

While having a car can make it easier to get around Kansas City, it is not necessary. The city has a reliable public transportation system with buses, shuttles, and a streetcar. You can also use ride-sharing services or walk to explore the city.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat