• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Have a Funny Ah Ha Moment That Changed Your Life??

In col. three, I have oven mitts, a whisk, and a measuring cup.In summary, the kitchen is much more organized with the placement of the "curio" cabinet. The dishes are easier to put away because they are above the dishwasher.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
We have lived in our place for three years next month. I could never figure out how I wanted the kitchen to be organized. We had to rearrange stuff after the first few months because the "pantry" was next to the fridge and was making the food spoil because it got too hot. So that became the tupperware cupboard and the food got moved above the dishwasher and sink area. Finally on Friday I realized that having the food above the dishwasher wasn't the most practical thing, I should put the dishes above the dishwasher! I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier! Dishes would sit on the table clean because I was too lazy to carry them across the kitchen to put them in the cupboard. Crazy little things that make things so much easier. Putting away the dishes today didn't take so long!

Just thought I would share because I'm bored!

I had a similar moment when we bought our house. The old owners left a nice cutlery holder in a drawer under the oven (the oven was built in high) in the "the evil downstairs kitchen". For weeks I'd open the drawer next to the sink to put the cutlery away and then remember that it goes on the other side of the room. Then one day it occurred to me that obviously "I" wanted the cutlery next to the sink and forget aobut that silly piece of plastic - I can get another one. So I did. And then we built the nice upstairs (mainfloor) kitchen and I don't use the basement kitchen anymore. (except to store fabric :) )

My mom lived in this house for 5 yrs til my DH and I bought it in July 2007. The water pressure in the downstairs bathroom (was slow like you have to turn both hot and cold to get a decent flow of water in the bathroom sink.

Currently there is a slow leak in that bathroom, and while my uncle was fixing it he said "I turned your water on / off switch up so you get a better flow of water" It seriously is THE BEST and the water flows like a waterfall now in the sink.

The leak isnt fixed yet, but hey, the water flow is awesome! DH was definately HAPPY about that!!

-------another thing, with the pantry (there is no set pantry in this house) but it used to be in in this tall closet and the coat closet used to be in the hall way which was deep, but not tall. I suggested to my mom why not switch the two?? And it sure does function SOOOOO much better!

I've been evaluating my kitchen to see where I can move what...we have a full cabinet of coffee mugs...and we don't drink coffee. Our junk drawer was located right next to the stove, when there's a drawer next to the sink that didn't have any important purpose. I just switched the junk drawer so that it's next to the sink and now I have the one next to the stove available for my PC products. Sometime this week I'm hoping to empty out the coffee mug cabinet and store more PC stuff there, and then move the coffee mugs to the cabinet where we used to store our kids bottles (they're two now, and we only have a small supply of sippy cups...no need to take up so much cabinet space just for baby stuff anymore!). That will give me an entire cabinet for PC stuff!!! It's so funny when you take a step back and realize how much space you have, and how you're never making the best use of it. :)

We have a "curio" cabinet of sorts that is built in to a corner of the kitchen. The top part has cookbooks, nick nacks, the foodsaver, ect. Then the cabinets below are designated for my PC items. I do need to go through and clean them out because they get all messed up when I have to use the items.

If someone could enlighten me about how to store stoneware I'll name a cupboard in my kitchen in your honor!

:-D

I have a large round stone with handles, a large bar pan, and the rectangular baker, and I'm terrified I'm going to break one (or more.)

I store them in the bottom drawer under my oven!

I can fit three along the bottom and then I start to pile on top.

Picture columns...
In column one, I have Rectangular Casserole Stone with 4 mini loaf pan on top
In col. two, I have large bar pan, square casserole stone, and then the pie plate on top of that
In col. three, I have the deep dish covered baker with the lid flipped up side down.

In the warmer to the left, I have my small round stone, with 6 cup muffin as well as my mini muffin pan.

I keep my round stone w/rack in the oven as I use it most often!

HTH!

I'm planning LOTS of stone areas in my new kitchen! Right now, I've got a bunch in the cabinet under the oven (wall oven) and the cabinet under the microwave. My flat stones (3 rectangles and 1 large round) are stored in their boxes in the small space between a cabinet and the fridge.

IAmChefJ said:
If someone could enlighten me about how to store stoneware I'll name a cupboard in my kitchen in your honor!

:-D

I have a large round stone with handles, a large bar pan, and the rectangular baker, and I'm terrified I'm going to break one (or more.)
I have a skinny cabinet between the dishwasher and oven. I bought two of these racks from BB&B. On the top shelf I store metal pans, cutting boards, stackable racks. On the bottom shelf is all my stoneware and metal muffin pans. Sometimes I put two piece in one rack (large bar pan and small round stone). I used to have everything stacked but it was such a PITA! I got the stainless version instead of the white. They are very strong and sturdy.
Bed Bath & Beyond Product

vwpamperedchef said:
I store them in the bottom drawer under my oven!

I can fit three along the bottom and then I start to pile on top.

Picture columns...
In column one, I have Rectangular Casserole Stone with 4 mini loaf pan on top
In col. two, I have large bar pan, square casserole stone, and then the pie plate on top of that
In col. three, I have the deep dish covered baker with the lid flipped up side down.

In the warmer to the left, I have my small round stone, with 6 cup muffin as well as my mini muffin pan.

I keep my round stone w/rack in the oven as I use it most often!

HTH!
Great way to promote the cookware protectors because they work perfect between your stoneware also.

wadesgirl said:
Finally on Friday I realized that having the food above the dishwasher wasn't the most practical thing, I should put the dishes above the dishwasher! I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier! Dishes would sit on the table clean because I was too lazy to carry them across the kitchen to put them in the cupboard. Crazy little things that make things so much easier. Putting away the dishes today didn't take so long!
The placement of the dishwasher is one of the major factors in my kitchen remodel. Right now, the only upper cabinet is above it. But, there's a peninsula cabinet that, because of it's placement next to the dishwasher, prevents anyone from reaching the upper cabinet when the DW is open. Or the lower cabinets in the peninsula. It's really stupid.

chefann said:
I'm planning LOTS of stone areas in my new kitchen! Right now, I've got a bunch in the cabinet under the oven (wall oven) and the cabinet under the microwave. My flat stones (3 rectangles and 1 large round) are stored in their boxes in the small space between a cabinet and the fridge.
I've got the stoneware tote, and I keep the round, rectangular, and bar pan right in it. It's padded, stands between the range and a cabinet next to it, and they're ready to grab for a show.

I used to stack my stones all in the same cabinet and rarely used them. Now that they are more at my fingertips I use them all the time. I think if I kept them in their boxes I would use them much less and they would take more space. - I do have customers who stack them in their boxes on shelves in their pantry and are happy with that so what ever works for you is what works!

I have the wooden stoneware holder (WSH) that we used to sell on a corner of my counter (where I used to keep the bread maker that I never use). It holds all of my flat stones including the 3 bar pans. I have another WSH inside the lower cabinet with some of the flat cookware pieces and the rectanglar baker. The square baker, deep dish and mini bakers live in the drawer under my stove and the 3 deep dish pie pans and stoneware fluted pan are stacked in another cupboard. I have other stones too in my cabinets. lol

:cry: I wish I had a pantry! :cry: AND a pot rack! :cry: But I really don't have a wall that I could add anything! The good thing is that I have tall deep cabinets and a hutch (and an office for my show extras).

Your original question was about funny Aha! moments. (Not that I have a problem with the path the thread has taken.) Here's mine.I hate exercise. Seriously. I hate it. I'm diabetic, though. Almost five years ago I realized I needed to take control of my health. I made a commitment to exercise 5 days a week for at least 15 minutes. My deal with myself was that I couldn't watch Dr. Phil (I'm a big fan) unless I was on the exercise bike or had already done my biking for the day. A year later I was working a temp assignment. By now I was doing at least 45 minutes of exercise every weekday. I realized that most mornings I couldn't get my exercise in and still get to work on time. I told The Furry Guy that I was going to have to get up 30 minutes earlier if I were going to get my exercise in. I just didn't feel good if I didn't.That was my aha! moment. The Furry Guy started laughing. I asked what was so funny. He said, "How long have I been telling you that?" He had been right all along. I feel better when I exercise. Yes, he still reminds me of the time I admitted he was right.

My Ah Ha moment: I am a single mom of an 11 year old. About a year and a half ago I had a dream (seriously..the ones you have when you sleep) that I was in MY bedroom that was totally not the one I currently had. I was a renter for YEARS!! And that next morning I woke up knowing how I wanted my bedroom to look and started searching to buy a house. I have now been living in my first home for a year and my bedroom is FAB!!!

Unfortunately...w/in the next year, I will be leaving my first home as ironically, a month after I bought my house, I met the man that I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with...and again...ironically enough, the same day I closed on my house a month before, he closed on a house too. We both moved into our houses the same w/end last April and on May 11th were introduced to one another. We are at that point where when he gets back from his tour of duty in September, we want to buy a house together so we will be selling both of our homes. But the way I see it...I can create a bigger version of my perfect bedroom!!!

Chris,
That was an AH-HA moment that really did change your life. Congrats on acting on it. ZK

Ah!!!! Such a cute story! Alot better than my most recent AH HA moment!

By the way, came home from dinner with my inlaws and went to go find a bowl... in the wrong cupboard. It's going to take some time to get used to.

Thank you so much for all the good storage advice! Sorry to have temporarily hijacked the thread.

I love the dream story!!!!

IAmChefJ said:
Thank you so much for all the good storage advice! Sorry to have temporarily hijacked the thread.

I love the dream story!!!!
It was my thread to start, I really don't mind hijackers!

pampered.chris said:
My Ah Ha moment: I am a single mom of an 11 year old. About a year and a half ago I had a dream (seriously..the ones you have when you sleep) that I was in MY bedroom that was totally not the one I currently had. I was a renter for YEARS!! And that next morning I woke up knowing how I wanted my bedroom to look and started searching to buy a house. I have now been living in my first home for a year and my bedroom is FAB!!!

Unfortunately...w/in the next year, I will be leaving my first home as ironically, a month after I bought my house, I met the man that I am supposed to spend the rest of my life with...and again...ironically enough, the same day I closed on my house a month before, he closed on a house too. We both moved into our houses the same w/end last April and on May 11th were introduced to one another. We are at that point where when he gets back from his tour of duty in September, we want to buy a house together so we will be selling both of our homes. But the way I see it...I can create a bigger version of my perfect bedroom!!!
That is so my story too!

I sold the house I had owned with my ex and bought a 2 bedroom just about the same day Craig bought his first 2 bedroom home. When we met we discovered he had even looked at the house I sold and considered buying it.

About the moving things in the kitchen theme:

Whenever I look and look for something I know I have and fineally find it I move it to the first place I looked. I figure that if I thought it should have been there then that's where it should live.

BethCooks4U said:
That is so my story too!

I sold the house I had owned with my ex and bought a 2 bedroom just about the same day Craig bought his first 2 bedroom home. When we met we discovered he had even looked at the house I sold and considered buying it.

Isn't it amazing how they say that "what is meant to be will be"? I find it so interesting how fate seems to really sneak in there sometimes!!

Oh and my boyfriend and I went and looked at a house tonight that if fate will have it...will be ours!! We are waiting until he gets back from his tour, but we are going to try to sell his house while he is gone. (He leaves May 3rd and comes back in September). So help me keep fingers crossed on that house!! It was AMAZING!!!

BethCooks4U said:
About the moving things in the kitchen theme:

Whenever I look and look for something I know I have and fineally find it I move it to the first place I looked. I figure that if I thought it should have been there then that's where it should live.
My aunt lost her pastry mat for months. Couldn't figure out where it was and almost bought one in December. She called last month and said "Guess what I found?" I knew exactly what she was talking about because she has looked for it for so long. She laid it flat between two items and forgot!

Related to Ever Have a Funny Ah Ha Moment That Changed Your Life??

1. What exactly is an "Ah Ha Moment"?

An "Ah Ha Moment" is a sudden realization or understanding that brings about a significant change or shift in perspective. It is often accompanied by a feeling of clarity or enlightenment.

2. Can you give an example of a "Funny Ah Ha Moment"?

Sure! One example could be realizing that you've been mispronouncing a word your entire life, and suddenly finding it hilarious. This could lead to a change in how you approach learning new words or being more open to correcting your mistakes.

3. How can a funny "Ah Ha Moment" change your life?

A funny "Ah Ha Moment" can bring about a positive change in your life by helping you see things in a new light. It can make you more open-minded, adaptable, and willing to learn from your experiences.

4. Is it common to have a "Funny Ah Ha Moment"?

Yes, it is quite common to have a "Funny Ah Ha Moment." These moments can happen at any time, and they often come unexpectedly. It's important to be open to them and embrace the humor and wisdom they bring.

5. How can I create more opportunities for "Funny Ah Ha Moments" in my life?

To create more opportunities for "Funny Ah Ha Moments," try to approach life with a sense of curiosity and playfulness. Be open to new experiences and perspectives, and don't take yourself too seriously. You never know when a funny "Ah Ha Moment" might happen and change your life for the better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies