• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Here! Frustration with Life Insurance and Doctor's Office

In summary, the conversation discusses the Venting Here! user's issues with their husband getting a new job and the related benefits. The user is angry because they did not receive a release form for their records from the new doctor. The user then has to tell the old doctor and explain the situation. They are also angry because the office is going to switch to digital records.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
VENTING HERE!!! Ugh! So, hubby recently got a new job which comes with benefits - yay. One of the benefits is life insurance - yay again. We filled out the info and sent it in. Last week I got a second notice - never received the first - on a few things that they needed clarification. One thing is from a diagnosis from about a year back. I'm not the best on filing records, and I probably couldn't even figure out the info if I could find it. Anyhoo, just called the doctors office and got hung up on twice - like someone picking up and then hanging up the phone deliberately, I could hear someone talking in the background; then got ahold of Michelle. I told her what I needed and she responded with "we need a release form signed for you to get that info". Well, we have the signed release form in the file. Then she said his records probably went with our PCP when she moved to another office. I said they didn't nor should they have. They had to have another signed release in order to transfer them over. I was pissed at the doctor, so I didn't have them sent to her new office. So she got his info and looked. His records aren't there @#$@*&#$*!?!?! They must be with the new doctor. No, they're not! Oh, they must be in storage. WTF? Storage?!? What happens if I need to bring him in because he's sick? Oh, and they can only request records from storage on Monday and they will be here on Tuesday....huh?!? So, I guess I have to tell them ahead of time if he is going to be sick. So, I asked why they were in storage. Oh, we're going digital. So, did you transfer the records into the computer before putting them in storage? No. We just put them in storage....uhmmm....time to look for a new doctor AGAIN!!!:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

WHAT?? They have to legally hold on to your records for 7 years. I would call back and tell them that!

Isn't putting them in storage "holding on" to them?

Yes putting them in storage is holding on to them but the office I work for (diagnostic imaging) has the ability to get the records back same day or at the very least next day for any comparison/correlation. That office definitely has some organizational issues.

After you've found a new doc, be sure to tell the old doc, AND NOT THE STAFF, why you've moved. Michelle needs a job where her usual reply to a customer is, "Would you like fries with that?"

Sounds like it would work for her!!!

Related to Venting Here! Frustration with Life Insurance and Doctor's Office

1. How do I know if I need life insurance?

Life insurance is important for anyone who has loved ones who depend on their income. It can provide financial support for your family in the event of your death. If you have a spouse, children, or other dependents, it's a good idea to consider life insurance.

2. What type of life insurance should I get?

There are two main types of life insurance: term and permanent. Term life insurance provides coverage for a specific period of time, while permanent life insurance provides coverage for your entire life. The type of life insurance you choose will depend on your individual needs and financial situation.

3. What should I do if I have a problem with my life insurance policy?

If you have a problem with your life insurance policy, the first step is to contact your insurance provider. They will be able to assist you with any issues or concerns you may have. If you are still unsatisfied, you can file a complaint with your state's insurance department.

4. How do I find a good doctor's office?

There are a few ways to find a good doctor's office. You can ask for recommendations from friends and family, research reviews online, or contact your insurance provider for a list of in-network doctors. It's also important to consider the location, hours, and specialties of the doctor's office.

5. What should I do if I am having trouble communicating with my doctor's office?

If you are having trouble communicating with your doctor's office, it's important to address the issue directly with them. You can ask to speak with a manager or patient advocate to help resolve the problem. If necessary, you can also consider switching to a different doctor's office that better meets your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • raebates
  • General Chat